• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL November 2015 |OT| Dan Cleary demands your respect, not your love

Yawnier

Banned
Boyes has been invisible for the last month and he scores 2 goals tonight? lol wtf.

Gameplay is fantastic. Really some of the best in gaming. But the story is disappointing and broken. Importantly, there is much more gameplay than story this time around.

It's a really fun game, don't let my salt deter you. Just the story is pretty non existent.

That said it's pretty much PW on consoles so if you didn't like that you might not enjoy it.

Oh no... that isn't what I wanted to hear (aside from the gameplay being good). Not really a huge fan of any of the MGS games after MGS3. I found PW to be meh, not awful but not great either.

Pikma

Banned
It's irrelevant, we're going to allow a lot more goals if we keep letting them crash the net and get all the rebounds anyway

Edit:eek:h no no no not our PK please no

If the Leafs don's score a goal here they really suck, our PK is hot garbage

They've gone too far with this video review stuff. I miss the old days.

I don't really care if the Leafs win, but I don't like how much it changes the game.

Socreges

Banned
Who's Emmerich?

Boyes has been invisible for the last month and he scores 2 goals tonight? lol wtf.

Oh no... that isn't what I wanted to hear (aside from the gameplay being good). Not really a huge fan of any of the MGS games after MGS3. I found PW to be meh, not awful but not great either.
MGSV is much better than PW. Dont listen to that man.

Watch some gameplay videos if you're curious.

They've gone too far with this video review stuff. I miss the old days.

I don't really care if the Leafs win, but I don't like how much it changes the game.

It is the same shit with baseball as well. I feel ya.

Just like pop up slides in baseball when they keep the tag on even though for a split second he comes off by sliding correctly like fucking really?

I just don't want it to take over hockey too much as I feel it has other sports

hao chi

I'm not exactly in full-on tank mode yet because I think this season is about a lot more than just getting a high draft pick... but... I'd be lying if I said I actually wanted the Leafs to win.

Don't worry, before you know it you'll be cheering when the opposing team scores.

Edit:
Players love it in Phoenix. Weather, golf, no media pressure, great coaching staff.

The new guys this year have been so fun to watch. I'm optimistic as well.

Yeah, Domi and Duclair have been very exciting to watch, and Rieder is no slouch either (can't believe we got him for Kale fucking Kessy). I at least get excited to watch the games now even if I'm expecting us to lose just to see what the young guys will do.

iLLmAtlc

The gameplay mechanics are definitely better in V but I was referring to everything else, like mission structure, the base management, etc.

It was pretty neat in retrospect to see Kojima was pretty much testing a bunch of his V ideas in PW.

But yeah if you've played the others you should definitely play V too lol

Quick

Banned
so I just got to meet Quiet in MGS V.

Why does this character exist? Seriously, why?

Quiet is fantastic and easily the highlight of MGSV.

I hate quiet too. Kojima is thirsty as fuck.

She added nothing to the plot at all

I like Quiet. Best buddy support in the game. Makes Skulls fights easier when she's with me (equipped with Sinful Butterfly for best results vs. Skulls).

I haven't finished the game yet, so I don't quite know how integral to the plot she really is, but she seems to be of some importance relating to events that unfold in the game.

Quiet's outfit? Yeah, it's Kojima projecting his thirst. He's not really that shy about it. EVA's portrayal had maybe the "right" amount of sex appeal, but I don't want to sound like objectifying women is okay.

In the end, I'm not all that offended or shocked at Quiet's appearance/existence in the game.

fuck group projects

I am in a class that is pretty pointless to what my degree is gonna be even though it is a requirement but it really doesn't mean shit and we have group projects and I have been putting off this class for 3 years and I have all these freshman and sophomores taking this class way too fucking seriously.. \

fuck group projects

Edit: sorry just had to vent. My fucking groupme is blowing up with these fuckers

Socreges

Banned
I like Quiet. Best buddy support in the game. Makes Skulls fights easier when she's with me (equipped with Sinful Butterfly for best results vs. Skulls).

I haven't finished the game yet, so I don't quite know how integral to the plot she really is, but she seems to be of some importance relating to events that unfold in the game.

Quiet's outfit? Yeah, it's Kojima projecting his thirst. He's not really that shy about it. EVA's portrayal had maybe the "right" amount of sex appeal, but I don't want to sound like objectifying women is okay.

In the end, I'm not all that offended or shocked at Quiet's appearance/existence in the game.
Then there's Cortana.

Seeing Halo fans pardon Cortana's design in the Gaming forum was pretty nauseating. Don't be so obtuse.

Then there's Cortana.

Seeing Halo fans pardon Cortana's design in the Gaming forum was pretty nauseating. Don't be so obtuse.

I feel like if a character, male or female is sexualized, as long as it is a quality well written character and not there for look how sexy this character is then I am cool with it.

Honestly I think it is funny that gore is welcomed but a sexualization of a character is not.

Murica I guess

Second part isn't aimed at you just a generalization of America as a whole how we allow all this gore and violence except we are taught to be ashamed of sex and sexuality

Quick

Banned
Man.

I'm not sure if I like the Coaches Challenge.

It's an adjustment period right now, I think. It's bound to be abused, especially by goalies who easily flop at a slight nudge. It could kill strategies involving crashing the net or having players screen the goalie.

Right now, despite the Leafs losing a goal from a review, it's being used properly with offsides and goalie interference. The league will adjust to better judge as the season goes on.

fuck group projects

I am in a class that is pretty pointless to what my degree is gonna be even though it is a requirement but it really doesn't mean shit and we have group projects and I have been putting off this class for 3 years and I have all these freshman and sophomores taking this class way too fucking seriously.. \

fuck group projects

Edit: sorry just had to vent. My fucking groupme is blowing up with these fuckers

College really made me hate group projects. I feel you.

Pikma

Banned
Group projects suck ass, it's pretty fucking hard to find classmates that actually bother to work and when you do find them they're the most overly stressed, obnoxious, people ever.

Calamari41

41 > 38
Look at that Blackhawks fan stuffing his face during the anthem. This Central Division privilege is getting me heated.

We know you're on a different plane of existence compared to the rest of us, but show some humility about it.

College really made me hate group projects. I feel you.

The thing is that they don't realize how pointless this project actually is. I have taken all these advanced classes and interned and stuff for what I will do and I keep trying to explain it to them but they are all like but my GPA. When our teacher won't give anyone below a B since he is one of the easiest graders I have had in my life

Also my GPA doesn't really matter much for what I am gonna do luckily. But still it's good, just damn

5352970357_0c14a74b63_z.jpg

and teach them to not care about this class lol

Group projects suck ass, it's pretty fucking hard to find classmates that actually bother to work and when you do find them they're the most overly stressed, obnoxious, people ever.

well my whole point like how I just made isn't about being lazy for it is that for this class this project is beyond pointless, and they are taking it way too seriously and over thinking it when it is a pretty simple project overall

Quick

Banned
FRUIT LOOPS AROOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Then there's Cortana.

Fair enough.

I'm not completely invested in the MGS community and their arguments for/against Quiet. I'd like to think I just sit in the middle, where, yeah, it's skimpy as hell (DoA-levels) and Kojima should've been reigned in with that, but at the same time, it doesn't hit me as hard as it does another person.

I don't mean to sound like I'm excusing Kojima's perversion.

Pikma

Banned
well my whole point like how I just made isn't about being lazy for it is that for this class this project is beyond pointless, and they are taking it way too seriously and over thinking it when it is a pretty simple project overall
Shut up you lazy bum

Quick

Banned
I will cherish this Leafs lead for as long as it continues to be. So, at least until 10 minutes into the 2nd period.

Then there's Cortana.

Strangley I never viewed Cortnana as naked before, she most certainly has that aspect about her, but I never thought about it. I always saw her as having a tron like jumpsuit on, something that was form fitting, but not really sexualized. At any rate she is no way like Quiet, she doesn't have exaggerated boob physics nor is her ass in your face as she stretches. Also Halo spoilers
Her design is different in Halo 5, she appears to have clothes/armor, so at least they changed it.

Top Bottom