• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL November 2015 |OT| Dan Cleary demands your respect, not your love

how is halo 5? like in general

I don't have an xbox one but Halo has so much history with me but I don't think I can justify an xbox one for it.

I really like it, though it's certainly not without its flaws.

In regards to the campaign, the level design was really well done, not funneled corridors that Halo 4 contained. Though the game is very much linear like any other Halo say for the Silent Cartographer. Story wise it felt diluted, like a lot of story and exposition was missing, it was easier to follow than 4, but I couldn't help but feel half of the buildup was missing. It was also pretty easy say for one really bad difficulty spike (I did a solo legendary playthrough). The squad AI wasn't great, but it was better than others made it out to be. They helped me save ammo as I directed them to kill smaller enemies, so they had their uses. I was really hoping for some grander moments like when you fight the two scarabs in Halo 3 or a more open ended level like the Silent Cartographer, but that's not there.

Multiplayer wise it's fundamentally the best since Halo 1&2. The weapon sandbox is well balanced, with automatics serving more of a role than in past games. The skill gap gap is rather large and promotes competitive play. There's less random bullshit than in games past such as Halo 3's bad BR or the random bloom of the Reach DMR. It's quite fun to string together the different abilities into kills. There's also a return to even starts in Arena and an emphasis on weapon/map control that Reach and 4 lacked. Warzone is a whole other bag with PvPvE where you fight both AI and enemy players. It's kind of a cluster fuck, but is a fun one. Where it's lacking is in modes and features. There's no King of the Hill, Assault, Griffball or Richochet. Hopefully that'll be added in later. BTB and forge are also missing, but they will be added on later. Initially BTB maps will be forge maps which kind of sucks, but all the dlc is free so hopefully we'll get real maps too.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
We have bins of water we save from the icicles that melt after Winter 2 is over.

Yes, I meant a 1st round pick. Distracted watching the game.

Hudon/Scherbak + 1st round pick + roster player (ideally young though likely someone with good fancy stats)

OMFG, KADRI YOU ARE SO SNAKEBIT!

I'd do Scherback + 1st and a roster player, but I'm not sure who Leafs would want from the roster aside from maybe Eller. Not counting guys who are untouchable obviously.

More than willing to mortgage some of the future to make a big run while they have guys on cheap contracts. JVR himself has a damn good contract.

Quick

Banned
Leafs Twitter is on point.

As the #Leafs power play expires, Kadri draws another penalty. Goligoski to the box. #TMLtalk

CS2vyR-WEAAaHuH.jpg

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
I'd do Scherback + 1st and a roster player, but I'm not sure who Leafs would want from the roster aside from maybe Eller. Not counting guys who are untouchable obviously.

More than willing to mortgage some of the future to make a big run while they have guys on cheap contracts. JVR himself has a damn good contract.

And that's the thing, all the roster players I 'might' want, the Habs would never give up. I think JVR would be a fantastic player for the Habs and would not only fill the size need, but he'd be cheap, and he can score and cause havoc in front of the net as well. The fact the Habs are in our division though would also drive that price up. That might include taking a shitty contract on top of that like Robidas.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
No
We'd need a legit high calibre prospect for JVR
30 goal scorer at a 4.25mil per yer hit, that's fantastic value.
He's scored 30 goals once, 61 points at his peak, while being weak defensively. He's a great player and his contract is great, but no one is giving the Leafs a blue chip prospect for him.

Red_Man

If we're going to give up our best prospects and picks for a scoring winger, it would be for a higher calibre of player than JVR.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
He's scored 30 goals once, 61 points at his peak, while being weak defensively. He's a great player and his contract is great, but no one is giving the Leafs a blue chip prospect for him.

He'd score at 30 goal pace with the Habs no question imo, plus he's only making 4.25 for two more seasons. I'm not sure there are many 30 goal scorers out there.

Although I'm not as high on Scherback as most Habs fans, and the first round pick would late 20s(unless they shit the bed).

The roster player is a difficult one, because Montreal is trying to add a piece here, not subtract from their top 9.

Red_Man

Who do you have in mind
Honestly, I don't think there's a guy out there right now that a team would be willing to move who's also worth it. Bergevin isn't moving our prospects / picks for a older guy, and teams aren't moving their star wingers. It's part of why he didn't make a move last deadline, and I wouldn't be surprised if he sat still again this year. Kane was pretty much the only guy that seemed to fit, but obviously that ship has sailed. The only other viable option I see is Eberle.

He'd score at 30 goal pace with the Habs no question imo, plus he's only making 4.25 for two more seasons. I'm not sure there are many 30 goal scorers out there.

Although I'm not as high on Scherback as most Habs fans, and the first round pick would late 20s(unless they shit the bed).

The roster player is a difficult one, because Montreal is trying to add a piece here, not subtract from their top 9.
I like him a lot, and think he can help, but if I'm giving up Scherbak + 1st + Eller or something along those lines, I don't think it should be for JVR.

Red_Man

It would never happen, but getting Landeskog would be amazing. I'll have to stick to NHL 16 for that one.

Not too sad. We played well. Reimer played lights out and that's how that will roll some games.

Us having that many shots and holding them to 26 shots when they had 5 power plays is okay with me.

GG Leafs/Reimer.

Yawnier

Banned
Mo Rielly is going to take this shitty team to the cleaners next summer.

Also I don't remember the last time Reimer played as good a game as that. Been a year or two I think.

Top Bottom