• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL November 2015 |OT| Dan Cleary demands your respect, not your love

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
In your pants?

image.php

iLLmAtlc

You guys ever wonder what happened to Lecavalier. IRC his decline started when he was 29 and it's been a nose dive since. =/

Socreges

Banned
The Kids are all right Soc

Now if Cassels came up
Cassels hasn't adjusted to the big game yet.

But he's still better than McCarron.

Wingers have more space on this team. Shinkaruk is next. Too many rookies right now, though. Might get a few games later in the year with injuries, or get a legit shot next season.

I feel like baertschi should have like 2-4 more points more than he does. Hope he gets a prolonged chance.

E: also do you guys agree Tanev is like far and away the best D now? He makes several great defensive plays each game and rarely any mistakes
Tanev is fantastic.

JLsoA73.png

this is quite good
I don't get it

Pikma

Banned
No, I don't think you do.
Today was the first time this team scored less than 2 goals, against the second worst team in the league...

And they've been looking really bad lately anyways, the last two wins were not convincing at all, not to me.

Socreges

Banned
Dallas is 1st in the West. Your team took a night off against a terrible team, as good teams tend to do. Do not steal his misery. Do not even pretend to understand his misery. Don't even speak to him. Walk away. And think about what you've done.

Pikma

Banned
Dallas is 1st in the West. Your team took a night off against a terrible team, as good teams tend to do. Do not steal his misery. Do not even pretend to understand his misery. Don't even speak to him. Walk away. And think about what you've done.
giphy.gif

Socreges

Banned
Pikma, you're like some tourist fuck on safari who sees a starving child and commiserates 'I feel ya. Haven't eaten since breakfast. Famished.'

eyeless

dat mriles 3 point night
What a great stat
here's another rielly stat you might like: he has as many points as galchenyuk (or ne1 from the 2012 draft not playing with mcdavid) as a d-man in two less games on a team that hasn't scored half as many goals uehuehueauhueAHA

plan the norris parade

Stasis

Pikma, you're like some tourist fuck on safari who sees a starving child and commiserates 'I feel ya. Haven't eaten since breakfast. Famished.'

Rofl.

What's up with this scheduling for the Rangers? Fuck, feels like a week between each goddamn game. At least it's against the Caps tonight, should be fun.

And by fun I mean Ovi is gonna injure someone with a slapshot. One of 40 he'll take during a single PP from the same fucking exact position he always does. He will score from that location on the same PP. That's basically a Rangers/Caps game.

I fell asleep before the end of the third last night due to terribly broken sleep the night before. Glad the Leafs got a win. Now, they can lose some more.

Calamari41

41 > 38
Vancouver's Canucks are the future of our sport, so we would all be wise to watch closely what they are doing as an organization. They are dominating the Pacific, the West, and with it the entire league itself.

Canucks Nation, what's the best site to order a Sedin jersey from? I want to make sure I have one without "2016 Stanley Cup Champion" patches on it, so that I have some street cred going forward as the dynasty expands.

Vancouver's Canucks are the future of our sport, so we would all be wise to watch closely what they are doing as an organization. They are dominating the Pacific, the West, and with it the entire league itself.

Canucks Nation, what's the best site to order a Sedin jersey from? I want to make sure I have one without "2016 Stanley Cup Champion" patches on it, so that I have some street cred going forward as the dynasty expands.

LMAO you sir almost made me spit out my coffee. Good show, good show indeed.

kingslunk

Nah. Stars fans are the people that used to be starving and got out (at the moment its only temporary we can see a collapse in no time with a 5 game losing streak) and we're giving back to the community.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Haaa

Rofl.

What's up with this scheduling for the Rangers? Fuck, feels like a week between each goddamn game. At least it's against the Caps tonight, should be fun.

And by fun I mean Ovi is gonna injure someone with a slapshot. One of 40 he'll take during a single PP from the same fucking exact position he always does. He will score from that location on the same PP. That's basically a Rangers/Caps game.
We've already had 3 back to backs and played 10 games in about 2 and a half weeks. There were still teams that had only played 6 or 7 games by the time we hit 10. Gotta make up for that somehow. I think the schedule starts to get a little more normal again after tonight.

And by "normal," I mean we have another back-to-back coming up next with another back-to-back next week as well. :/

Socreges

Banned

giphy.gif

Thank you, rest of the Pacific, for being so terrible.
I'm just glad that the organization has been true to their word and made the young guys a big part of this team. Makes this team much more fun to follow, even if they're losing. I can't remember the last time we've had youth coming up like this.

Curufinwe

Brandon Manning being in the lineup is making a lot us of us question what the new coach is doing. He's bad defensively and provides no offense to make up for it. He's a career AHLer and looks like it, so why can't Hakstol see that....

Also Raffl on the top PP unit makes no sense when that unit was so good with BSchenn in that spot last season.

Pikma

Banned
Is there a place where I can donate wins to the poor starving MultiJhonny? I'm starting to feel responsible

Starve to death, you fucker, you're never getting one of our hard earned wins

We still live in a world where the Bruins are first in Goals per game, and first in PP%.

I fully expect this to change tonight since I'm going to the game.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Just learned the Rangers are currently first in goals against per game. I'm going to go way out on a limb and predict that that is going to change tonight.

Tabris

Brandon Manning being in the lineup is making a lot us of us question what the new coach is doing. He's bad defensively and provides no offense to make up for it. He's a career AHLer and looks like it, so why can't Hakstol see that....

That's too bad, he has such a sexy name.

Pikma

Banned
Nah. Stars fans are the people that used to be starving and got out (at the moment its only temporary we can see a collapse in no time with a 5 game losing streak) and we're giving back to the community.
Yeah, not sure how everyone else sees the Stars but I sure as fuck don't see them as the No.1 team in the west. Team has a looooot more to prove before they gain my trust

Yawnier

Banned
8. James Reimer beat back Dallas after an injury cost Jonathan Bernier the start, but word is Toronto is checking out goalie options. Tough to tell exactly what they are looking for — something short to get some wins or a more long-term solution.

The Maple Leafs have to be careful with this. You want to reward players for competing hard, but the goal is also to re-stock the system. They weren’t getting John Tavares in 2009, but Martin Gerber’s strong finish after arriving on waivers hurt their draft position. Then again, Lou Lamoriello and Mike Babcock might not care.

There were also some rumblings about Roman Polak talks with Los Angeles, but those were shot down.

No LA... No!!! Take Polak! Please! He has grit and leadership, and he blocks shots too!

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Elliot brought up that stat I've been talking about for the past month in today's 30 thoughts

Regular readers of this blog know I keep special track of the standings on Nov. 1.

Starting in 2005-06, only five teams out of 44 have recovered to make the playoffs when at least five points out of the playoffs after games played on that date. Last year’s group went 0-for-4.

This season’s contenders are Anaheim, Colorado, Columbus and Toronto. (Buffalo, Calgary and Edmonton were all within four points of third place in their division.) In the Pacific, Anaheim is your best wager to beat the odds.

Top Bottom