• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL November 2015 |OT| Dan Cleary demands your respect, not your love

Price out six weeks, no surgery required.could be worse, but man that's brutal. Means he'll miss the winter classic too, fuck me. Time for Bergevin to trade for Reimer.

FUCK.

I don't wanna trade with The Leafs. Let's look somewhere else.

Let's get Malcom Subban or maybe ask Patrick Roy for a Favor...?

imBask

Banned
I don't want Reimer, I don't want anyone. Maybe get someone that could replace Tokarski on the bench and we SHOULD be ok

imBask

Banned
I don't want a #1 goalie to replace Price, I don't want to be stuck with him when Price comes back, and I don't want anyone trying to start a debate on who should be the #1 goalie everytime Price lets in a bad goal

we're done with this shit, don't let it happen again

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
19 games over the next 6 weeks, basically 20% of the season with our biggest road trip of the year included in that.

Red_Man

Condon is from Boston and will start the Winter Classic probably, so that's kind of cool. I guess.

yyzjohn

Banned
I don't want a #1 goalie to replace Price, I don't want to be stuck with him when Price comes back, and I don't want anyone trying to start a debate on who should be the #1 goalie everytime Price lets in a bad goal

we're done with this shit, don't let it happen again

I can't see the Habs trading for someone who was or is a #1. What happens with Condon when Price gets back if you have a guy like Ward or Reimer around? The prophylactic has done a solid job so far, would be shit for him if he gets bumped down after playing so well. I don't see any debate with Price though even if they have someone else around, what more does the guy have to do? He was only MVP, I can't see another goalie debate involving him unless his play really drops off.

That being said, you guys really need Bernier. A french goalie, he's so shit right now but hey this is his "bounce back" opportunity! Please and thank you.

Red_Man

Condon can't play all 20 games while Price is gone, remains to be seen if Tokarski can actually win a game or not.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Derek Stepan is out 4-6 weeks.

And McIlrath is scratched tonight, so it'll be Yandle-Girardi as the third pair. At least to start.

yyzjohn

Banned
I'm liking the Bernier to Habs more and more. I need to start a twitter hashtag #BernierToHabs.

Once Price gets back he can go to sitting on the bench for long periods of time like he used to do in L.A., that was when he was at his best. This is a win-win. Habs can buy low. Make it happen Bergevin!

I'm liking the Bernier to Habs more and more. I need to start a twitter hashtag #BernierToHabs.

Once Price gets back he can go to sitting on the bench for long periods of time like he used to do in L.A., that was when he was at his best. This is a win-win. Habs can buy low. Make it happen Bergevin!

No shut up give us Sparks

Cake Boss

Banned
Hehehehe

Welcome your new Atlantic overlords the Ottawa Senators lead by 4th liner Mike Hoffman.

I kid I kid, tough schedule in December

zroid

Banned
With his contract I feel like Bernier has negative value right now

I was happy with that contract when he signed it :(

Even if he continues to be shit, 2 years won't hurt us too bad. Hopefully he regresses to his career average soon and becomes tradeable...

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
I can't see the Habs trading for someone who was or is a #1. What happens with Condon when Price gets back if you have a guy like Ward or Reimer around? The prophylactic has done a solid job so far, would be shit for him if he gets bumped down after playing so well. I don't see any debate with Price though even if they have someone else around, what more does the guy have to do? He was only MVP, I can't see another goalie debate involving him unless his play really drops off.

That being said, you guys really need Bernier. A french goalie, he's so shit right now but hey this is his "bounce back" opportunity! Please and thank you.
Reimer's contract is done after this year so depending on how long Price is out, it may make sense. No way are they taking Bernier.
Lol. It'd have to be Buff + to even be worth it. Dude is a UFA after this season, isn't he? And he'll make more than Hamonic now.

I really do think 3 teams need to be involved at this point.

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
Ugh, just read the Price news.

I think we should just weather the storm with Condon and Tokarski. Unless things go south.

RevoDS

Ugh, just read the Price news.

I think we should just weather the storm with Condon and Tokarski. Unless things go south.

Disagree. I think the current stretch is showing that goalie depth is a weakness right now and Bergevin will recognize that and try to trade for a second backup.

It'll likely be a small trade for a marginal player, but I think he'll trade for a goalie. The staff just doesn't trust Tokarski at all, as evidenced by Condon starting both ends of the back-to-back this week.

Sure it's not the playoffs, but injuries can and do happen in the playoffs. If Price were to go down in the playoffs this year, things would be pretty dire (although I still think Toks would show up, he has a history of showing up when stakes are big; but I don't think the team would play him in the first place. If we were in the playoffs, Zach Fucale would probably get the call up)

I think we're seeing a backup goalie trade in the next few weeks

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
And there's the call up from Hartford, even though AV said it probably wouldn't happen yet.

Jayson Megna has been recalled from the Wolf Pack.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Megna will apparently be a game time decision for one of the forwards. Rangers aren't saying who it is just yet.

If I had to guess, I would say Brassard as I feel like he's been getting pretty beat up lately. Or Fast, now that I think of it. He blocked a wicked shot and was in a hell of a lot of pain in the last game, including briefly going to the locker room at one point.

zroid

Banned
His contract is over at the end of this year; we're just running out the clock until this long nightmare is behind us.

Yeah I know haha. But that's why the Leafs can give the Canes some relief on the $5 million or whatever he's still owed for a mid-round pick. They do that!

Quick

Banned
His contract is over at the end of this year; we're just running out the clock until this long nightmare is behind us.

Yeah I know haha. But that's why the Leafs can give the Canes some relief on the $5 million or whatever he's still owed for a mid-round pick. They do that!

It's an offer you can't refuse.

loublogjuly23.jpg

Syrinx

It's 6.3 million.

Rutherford made bad contracts into some sort of performance art or some shit.

And no, we need those picks worse than you.

aidan

Hugo Award Winning Author and Editor
I thought it was Snow who signed DiPietro, wasn't it?

Yep. Snow took over as Islanders GM in July 2006, DiPietro signed his 15 year contract in September 2006.

Hard to believe it's been nine years since Snow went from backup goalie to GM overnight.

Top Bottom