• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL November 2015 |OT| Dan Cleary demands your respect, not your love

zroid

Banned
This is a bad contract.

ITS DAVID CLARKSON ALL OVER AGAIN

CKHnySL.gif

imBask

Banned
One day GMs might understand that 7 years is too much unless it's for a superstar

who am I kidding, they'll just get free buyouts again LOL

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Dom Moore is skating with McIlrath as an extra again today at morning skate, which suggests he may be a healthy scratch again for the second straight game. Would be the first time Dom was scratched in consecutive games as a Ranger.

Socreges

Banned
i'm not in for secret santa, chances are i'll get a bag of shit from cake boss/a panthers fan/a lightning fan/a fan of any other team I offended with my moving plan

and why would you use anyone but Quiet? d-dog is a loser

the only reason I can see to not use quiet is to intentionally make the game harder

I find D-dog much better for sneaking and scouting. Plus his bark is really great to draw attention without causing an alert. If I need fire support I'll use Quiet but for stealth D-dog is much better.

Id be down for Santa

Also D-Dog > Quiet . Gotta get that perfect stealth

I got perfect stealth on every mission with quiet, super easy. Just have her scout ahead and tranq snipe everyone she can. She can also clear entire outposts before you even get tehre

once you get the tranq sniper, Quiet will put EVERYTHING to sleep within the first minute of the mission...

you even have to tell her to calm down when you wake someone up to interrogate him because she'll snipe him again right away
She makes the game easier. But she also makes the game less fun. IMO. Solo infiltration all the way.

And imbask, you can get a tranq Sniper really early on through customization.

Cake Boss

Banned
Scratching Wiercioch over Cowen and Boroweicki.

Chris Phillips is back on the ice and skating.

giphy.gif

Fuck me in the goats ass.

Legit done with this team until new management is placed or the coach gets a fucking brain.

Mediocrity up the ass.

Gunstar Ikari

Unconfirmed Member
Preds morning lines:
Forsberg-Fisher-Neal
Wilson-RIbeiro-Smith
Salomaki-Jarnkrok-Hodgson
Bourque-Sissons-Watson

Hopefully that 4th line is as awesome as they were on Tuesday.

Oh screw that, Abby's improved but he ain't worth a full 7 year extension at 4.25. The way he plays he is probably going to go downhill quite fast. Hopefully I'm wrong but I doubt it.

Silexx

Fuck me in the goats ass.

Legit done with this team until new management is placed or the coach gets a fucking brain.

Mediocrity up the ass.

I know you're going to rib me for this, but THE ONE bright spot about Philips coming back would be that it would make one of Boro or Cowen redundant. And at the very least, Philips knows what role he has to play, unlike Cowen who still seems to think he can be a puck-mover instead of a defensive defenceman.

I know you're going to rib me for this, but THE one bright spot about Philips coming back would be that it would make one of Boro or Cowen redundant. And at the very least, Philips knows what role he has to play, unlike Cowen who still seems to think he can be a puck-mover instead of a defensive defenceman.

Oh no you didn't

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage

Oh screw that, Abby's improved but he ain't worth a full 7 year extension at 4.25. The way he plays he is probably going to go downhill quite fast. Hopefully I'm wrong but I doubt it.

I have zero issue with this deal. Solid mid-line player who can put the puck in the net and play both ends of the ice. Not a bad deal at all.

Pikma

Banned
Lehtonen will start, Nemeth was sent to Cedar Park for a conditioning stint, Oleksiak is in, Jokipakka didn't even practice

What the fuck is going on in Dallas

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
AV had a pretty interesting take when asked about how to increase scoring:
Dan Rosen ‏@drosennhl 55m 55 minutes ago
Vigneault says hardest working guys on any team are the goalies, so if forwards and D want more goals, they should work as hard as goalies.
Is this the hockey equivalent of bootstraps?

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
The cap is fine, but the term I don't like at all. Would have rather done 4 years, 7 is just too much for Abby.

Cap is probably going up before end of the deal, too, which should take some of that pain away.

Cake Boss

Banned
I know you're going to rib me for this, but THE ONE bright spot about Philips coming back would be that it would make one of Boro or Cowen redundant. And at the very least, Philips knows what role he has to play, unlike Cowen who still seems to think he can be a puck-mover instead of a defensive defenceman.

Motherfucker hasn't played in a year. Probably regressed a lot more than he already has.

Jinaar

I see Albertan Oil killed more ducks last night. Now for some coyotes.

ducks-852.jpg

Fuck oil (tailing ponds) killing actual ducks :(

Quick

Banned
I've tallied 9 people who want to participate in NHL-GAF Secret Santa.

Quick
Pikma
SmackCrackleNPop
TUSR
FUBAR McDangles
Kingslunk
Sanjuro
Simon Belmont
CosmicQueso

If we get at least one more person, we can get an even 10. But I'll leave registrations open until Sunday 11:59 PM PT/2:59 AM ET.

I also set up some rules:

• Gifts shouldn't be over $25, and not less than $10. It's just so we get our money's worth in mailing it.
  • If you guys have Amazon wishlists, that'll probably make it easier. But it's always nice to get a personalized present.
  • It's probably a good chance to get something local from another person's location that may not be available at your own location. Could be anything from local snack foods, a t-shirt, maybe even a cheap Coyotes jersey from CosmicQueso.
  • As per Secret Santa rules, no one knows who they are paired with. But I'll need to know who gets who for the sake of setting this up.
  • Since it will be the busiest time of the year with mail, don't feel obligated to spend extra on premium shipping options to get it to your person before Christmas.

megachao24

Unconfirmed Member
Lehtonen will start, Nemeth was sent to Cedar Park for a conditioning stint, Oleksiak is in, Jokipakka didn't even practice

What the fuck is going on in Dallas

The Carnival of Stupid has swept the AAC.

At least Nemeth will get some playing time in Cedar Park, which is the only good piece of news today I guess.

I'll be 10 quick, as long as its ok for whoever to wait until January. Otherwise someone else can take the spot if they speak up.

Ill get whoever a souvenir from japan

Quick

Banned
you'll have to prove yourself by losing a bunch in a row and maybe making a bad trade, until then Leafs are locked in as "the team that won't win the lottery because of the Oilers"

It's going to end up being

Oilers
BJs
[Random Team]
Leafs

trifelife

I've tallied 9 people who want to participate in NHL-GAF Secret Santa.

Quick
Pikma
SmackCrackleNPop
TUSR
FUBAR McDangles
Kingslunk
Sanjuro
Simon Belmont
CosmicQueso

If we get at least one more person, we can get an even 10. But I'll leave registrations open until Sunday 11:59 PM PT/2:59 AM ET.

I also set up some rules:

• Gifts shouldn't be over $25, and not less than $10. It's just so we get our money's worth in mailing it.
  • If you guys have Amazon wishlists, that'll probably make it easier. But it's always nice to get a personalized present.
  • It's probably a good chance to get something local from another person's location that may not be available at your own location. Could be anything from local snack foods, a t-shirt, maybe even a cheap Coyotes jersey from CosmicQueso.
  • As per Secret Santa rules, no one knows who they are paired with. But I'll need to know who gets who for the sake of setting this up.
  • Since it will be the busiest time of the year with mail, don't feel obligated to spend extra on premium shipping options to get it to your person before Christmas.

I'm in. We should probably specify clothing sizes/food allergies/game systems/etc. yeah? Maybe?

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
I'm in for Secret Santa but I'll be in Switzerland 14/12-30/12. I can send before or after I guess?

Top Bottom