• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL November 2015 |OT| Dan Cleary demands your respect, not your love

imBask

Banned
I just hope Nylander lives up to the hype and/or you get a nice pick, a rivalry doesn't work if it's one sided

Jaromir Jagr started playing Juniors in NINETEEN EIGHTY FOUR.

He debuted for the Penguins in 1990.

He has 10 points in 9 games played in 2015.

What the fuck is this guy made out of?

Max Domi wasn't even born until 1995. Jagr is a terminator.

You guys know how I was bitching that the top 8 in the west has 5 Central Teams?

Right now 5 of the top 9 in the league are Central Teams.

Wtf.

Calamari41

41 > 38
The 2015-16 Central Division is the greatest grouping of teams that any sport worldwide has seen since records have been kept. We are not likely to see anything like this again in our lifetimes. I weep with the purest ecstasy every time I have the privilege of looking at the standings.

May I please root for your division? I just need to be a part of this. I need to be able to tell my great-grandchildren that I was here for this.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
you masturbate to video games? it just keeps getting weirder

eh, lets just go with that

image.php

Curufinwe

I've watched 1 or 2 Leaf games this season and I doubt I will watch another.

I've said this before but watching hockey is an extremely time-consuming hobby. I find you don't have time to enjoy anything else after work if you plan on watching a full hockey broadcast. I did watch a bit of the Canadiens game last night though just for fun, but I probably will not watch hockey seriously for another couple of months, since I'm just going to focus on my other hobbies for the foreseeable future (specifically, just playing Halo games really - that's all I've done as a hobby for the past 3 weeks).

If I DVR a game I can get thru in a little over an hour.

Pikma

Banned
Seems like Niemi will start tonight, which basically means we're giving away the game at Boston

Fuck that shit, I'd rather lose to the Leafs...
or maybe we'll lose both ☺

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
The 2015-16 Central Division is the greatest grouping of teams that any sport worldwide has seen since records have been kept. We are not likely to see anything like this again in our lifetimes. I weep with the purest ecstasy every time I have the privilege of looking at the standings.

May I please root for your division? I just need to be a part of this. I need to be able to tell my great-grandchildren that I was here for this.

One of these days I will multi-quote all your recent posts because they've all been like tgis and won't stop being funny

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
We legitimately only play 1 great team in all of November. Maybe two if the Islanders get their shit together.

If I DVR a game I can get thru in a little over an hour.
This. I've had to miss a lot of games lately, but I can just power through them on hockeystreams when I'm home and have the time. Works out great, it's always fans of shit teams that can't seem to find time to watch the games.

do you mean for this season or the future? what is everyone in leafs-gaf thoughts about tanking vs. winning this season. what are your hopes/expectations? are there people actually hoping for wins? obviously i'm on the side of the tank. the thing is we already had another scoring forward and good goaltending, kessel and bernier in 13/14 (.923 sv%, he looked great that year, was stealing us games as i remember it. i feel like if/when we trade him there's a good chance he'll have a dubnyk-like renaissance on a team that isn't a tirefire) and we saw what that got us. my real nightmare is that we didn't collapse the last two seasons and instead of having nylander and marner just have a hopeless team spinning its wheels. unfortunately i'm hoping for as many one goal losses as it takes to secure last place and the fourth overall pick. playing structurally sound but losing due to a lack of talent is my ideal situation (we're third in corsi brahs!)

We need the tank. I don't like watching it, which is why I don't go out of my way like I used to. That being said, I'll throw it on in the background while I do something else if I have the opportunity to. I watch the Habs when I want to watch a winning team anyways.

I'm hoping the structure stays. Eye-test wise (Zroid can correct me in terms of actual possession numbers) it actually looks similar to Horachek but we saw the team collapse and give no fucks after mounting losses. Babs has more weight to his words and I hope they still have weight in the future. The kids sound like they are playing in a good "culture" and I hope that carries over to when they do eventually come up, because you can already see the signs of frustration on the Leafs.

we hopefully already have scoring forwards coming in the ahl and ohl. and i think we'll either draft a goalie or maybe if/when we're actually looking like a decent team then trade for a younger up and coming goalie or someone established or sign someone. we shouldn't worry about a goalie right now, unfortunately bernier is playing ideally for our long-term best interest.

I don't know about this because we've fucked up goalie trades for a long time now. There is the saying that you build from the goal line out, and people point to the Oilers for evidence of the other way not working. We still have Bibeau who is up and down but ended last year in a good spot.

i've just tuned out like sabres fans did the last two years. i didn't even watch highlights of the last game. i'm not stressed about it or anything because i'm not watching the games. i can go this year without watching the games, not like i have to have it in my life. i watch marlies games, if you don't have hockeystreams there's a stream posted on the leafs reddit for every marlies game. i'll watch regularly next year when nylander and maybe marner are up.
what is the alternative? a tenth place finish and the fourteenth overall pick? there are more quality prospects than matthews available, a potential franchise d for one. i've already accepted that the oilers will have center depth of mcdavid-matthews-rnh-draisaitl next year.
laine and puljujarvi are considered about equal right now i think

I'm hoping for more informed decisions and trade down moves like last year :) I forget the exact amount and details, but the leafs got a lot for mileage from that one high second round pick in terms of just quantity.

I hate that the Oilers have the blessings of the hockey gods, but it does make for an interesting team to watch!

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Looks like lineup changes coming for tomorrow's game against the Capitals.

Nash-Brassard-Zuccarello
Kreider-Stepan-Fast
Lindberg-Hayes-Stalberg
Stoll-Moore-Miller

McDonagh-Girardi
Staal-Klein
Yandle-McIlrath

Some noteworthy things here:

1) McDonagh and Girardi reunited for an obvious reason: shut down Alex Ovechkin. Safe to say they've had some practice at this before.

2) Stalberg is back, with Miller being demoted and Etem back out of the lineup. AV says Etem is out specifically because he needs all the penalty killers he can get against the Caps' power play.

3) Dan Boyle scratched again in favor of McIlrath. Good for McIlrath to get another shot against a high quality opponent, and it speaks volumes about where AV's confidence in Boyle is right about now.

4) Oscar Lindberg is getting looks on the power play. Why not? The puck has been finding him with regularity so far this season. Can't be any worse than what we already had.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.

Quick

Banned
i meant to respond to this post

do you mean for this season or the future? what is everyone in leafs-gaf thoughts about tanking vs. winning this season. what are your hopes/expectations? are there people actually hoping for wins? obviously i'm on the side of the tank. the thing is we already had another scoring forward and good goaltending, kessel and bernier in 13/14 (.923 sv%, he looked great that year, was stealing us games as i remember it. i feel like if/when we trade him there's a good chance he'll have a dubnyk-like renaissance on a team that isn't a tirefire) and we saw what that got us. my real nightmare is that we didn't collapse the last two seasons and instead of having nylander and marner just have a hopeless team spinning its wheels. unfortunately i'm hoping for as many one goal losses as it takes to secure last place and the fourth overall pick. playing structurally sound but losing due to a lack of talent is my ideal situation (we're third in corsi brahs!)

we hopefully already have scoring forwards coming in the ahl and ohl. and i think we'll either draft a goalie or maybe if/when we're actually looking like a decent team then trade for a younger up and coming goalie or someone established or sign someone. we shouldn't worry about a goalie right now, unfortunately bernier is playing ideally for our long-term best interest.

i've just tuned out like sabres fans did the last two years. i didn't even watch highlights of the last game. i'm not stressed about it or anything because i'm not watching the games. i can go this year without watching the games, not like i have to have it in my life. i watch marlies games, if you don't have hockeystreams there's a stream posted on the leafs reddit for every marlies game. i'll watch regularly next year when nylander and maybe marner are up.
what is the alternative? a tenth place finish and the fourteenth overall pick? there are more quality prospects than matthews available, a potential franchise d for one. i've already accepted that the oilers will have center depth of mcdavid-matthews-rnh-draisaitl next year.
laine and puljujarvi are considered about equal right now i think

also here is a bonus gif from the last marlies game of nylander showing some pretty boy #grit
DismalWelllitIslandcanary.gif

I'm not against the tank. Shanahan's preaching patience, and that's cool with me. But resolving issues like goaltending either by the end of the season or the off-season would be solid moves for the future.

As for scoring, it just sucks seeing the Leafs lose by wide margins, hence why I wish we'd have some secondary scoring coming (PAP and Komarov are our guys for this right now). Tanking is fine, but seeing our scoring forwards actually get goals would be nice. I'm glad that Babcock recognizes Kadri's talents and is giving him every chance to succeed, same with JVR.

hao chi

The loafs will get a top 5 pick, no doubt. The true question, imo, is whether the loafs win one of the three lotto picks or not, which won't happen because "fuck you" from the hockey gods!

They are a lot more awful rather than mediocre this year, which is nice to see actually.

Imagine how us Coyotes fans feel. To make it worse, Matthews was only two days too young to be in this year's draft.

I'm really optimistic about having Strome, but still... our luck fucking sucks.

Jinaar

I've watched 1 or 2 Leaf games this season and I doubt I will watch another.

I've said this before but watching hockey is an extremely time-consuming hobby. I find you don't have time to enjoy anything else after work if you plan on watching a full hockey broadcast. I did watch a bit of the Canadiens game last night though just for fun, but I probably will not watch hockey seriously for another couple of months, since I'm just going to focus on my other hobbies for the foreseeable future (specifically, just playing Halo games really - that's all I've done as a hobby for the past 3 weeks).

Saturday night. Watch hours of Oilers VS Flames to have it all go to shit in the last 8 secs of the third. Waste of a Saturday night. I'll never get that time back. Ever.

*bitter still*

Just ordered this sexy bish...

thumb.aspx

Doesn't feel right wearing the Yandle jersey I have anymore, especially since getting Duclair is probably the best thing Yandle did for the org.

Top Bottom