• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL November 2016 |OT| #MakeOilersGreatAgain.

Watching the OHL vs Russia game:McNiven is a good goalie Prospect for the Habs. I can't wait to see what he develops into.

Bitten is like if someone fused Byron and Gallagher together. I like him.

Mete: I didn't really see a lot of him in this game but when I did he had tremendous speed. He's so goddamn fast.

Portland would be a great market if the ridiculously fickle Paul Allen didn't own the Trail Blazers and the rights to run the Moda Center.

As of now, only Quebec City has both a willing owner and a ready arena outside of a potential wildcard (i.e. Milwaukee).

The problem with Quebec is that them getting Arizona would create a greater imbalance between the East and Western conferences. And you can bet on Detroit and/or Columbus refusing to move back to the west without some major compensation. Hence why I only mentioned West or midwestern cities. Having said that I would love for Quebec to come back so the battle of Quebec can become a thing once again in my lifetime

How is the arena situation in Milwaukee anyways? Is there any corporate interest in getting a hockey team?

so the yotes also making residential/hotel/mixed use

they only want tax rebates

$400 mil build cost, coyotes spending half - rest from tax rebate

edit:

actually to make more accurate

Coyotes spend half... public spends half... but using tax rebate as a method to pay off public money

if state says no... coyotes would be done. Leblanc says this whole thing is contingent on AZ playing along

state legislator is in session until april... so we will know by end of season if coyotes are staying or going. for real, this time.

Here we go with this song and dance again. Ugh. Fucking move already.

megachao24

Unconfirmed Member
The problem with Quebec is that them getting Arizona would create a greater imbalance between the East and Western conferences. And you can bet on Detroit and/or Columbus refusing to move back to the west without some major compensation. Hence why I only mentioned West or midwestern cities. Having said that I would love for Quebec to come back so the battle of Quebec can become a thing once again in my lifetime

How is the arena situation in Milwaukee anyways? Is there any corporate interest in getting a hockey team?

Well that's a good, but I'm not sure if there is any city on the West Coast or the Midwest that'll currently put a foothold for a hockey team currently. It's going to be interesting one way or other for the Coyotes.

The new arena in Milwaukee has started construction, but no news on any potential owner currently.

Stasis

The Rangers have called up Boo Nieves from Hartford after the injuries to Kreider and Buchnevich. If Buch still can't go, Nieves would be making his NHL debut against Vancouver tomorrow night.

Not sure Nieves is nhl ready but we certainly aren't losing any speed. If he plays well I'd love to keep him around even when Buch and Kreids are back. Lindberg out. Though I think it's likely Jooris gets that spot.

But we'd be even faster with Boo in. Crazy.

For those who don't know of him, which I'm assuming is almost everyone, he's basically kreider-lite. Similar size and speed. Think his physical game has been coming along nicely too. C/LW.

zroid

Banned
3ca17bc36fae49baaa7ce68804dfee6f.png

savage af

also, they've already finished their 3 games? that's some wacky scheduling.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
The OTs for TV shows on Gaf are always such shit, I tried reading the Westworld one and lasted about 5 minutes. How do any of these people enjoy the shows they watch?

Stasis

3ca17bc36fae49baaa7ce68804dfee6f.png

savage af

also, they've already finished their 3 games? that's some wacky scheduling.

We've played the Oilers twice. The Canucks twice as of tonight.

Haven't seen the Flyers, Devils, or Pens yet... other than preseason. Weird indeed.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
The OTs for TV shows on Gaf are always such shit, I tried reading the Westworld one and lasted about 5 minutes. How do any of these people enjoy the shows they watch?

What's wrong with the Westworld OT?

I find it's generally positive, unless you just mean the amount of analysis there seems to be.

imBask

Banned

that's every community on the internet

we just shit on our respective teams instead of shitting on the sport

Solo

If Price wins tonight, he ties an 89 year old Habs goalie record for consecutive wins.

What's wrong with the Westworld OT?

I find it's generally positive, unless you just mean the amount of analysis there seems to be.

Yeah, Westworld's thread is great. It's positive, it's very active, and there's lots of great discussion in it. It's the best Westworld thread since 1993.

If the Coyotes are forced to relocate, Cosmic will need a new team.

And it's very obvious which one he'll end up with, even if he denies it this day.

I did commit to a Ducks transition the last time the Coyotes were about to be relocated. An astronaut has to stick to his commitments.

However, Matthews is so dreamy I'd quietly, very quietly, root for the Leafs.

Lineup for tonight

Danault-Galchenyuk-Byron
Pacioretty-Shaw-Gallagher
Terry-Plekanec-Carr
Andrighetto-DD-Mitchell

Emelin-Weber
Markov-Petry
Beaulieu-Hanley

Price
Montoya

Scratches: Radulov (illness), Flynn (UBI), Pateryn,Lehkonen(IR),Redmond(remember him?,IR)

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
We've played the Oilers twice. The Canucks twice as of tonight.

Haven't seen the Flyers, Devils, or Pens yet... other than preseason. Weird indeed.

We get a home and home with the Pens next week, though, because why the fuck not.

Time for some more goofy Rangers stats. Here are the season point totals for all regular forwards (10+ games played) on the team:

JT Miller - 15
Kevin Hayes - 14
Michael Grabner - 13
Jimmy Vesey - 11
Rick Nash - 11
Chris Kreider - 11
Mika Zibanejad - 11
Derek Stepan - 11
Mats Zuccarello - 10
Brandon Pirri - 9
Pavel Buchnevich - 8
Jesper Fast - 8

That means every single regular forward on the team, the entire 12-man group, is presently on pace for a 40+ point season, and some of these guys, like Kreider and Buchnevich, have already missed some significant time while still putting up these numbers. Obviously that's not going to hold up, but by comparison, only 5 forwards hit that total for the Rangers last year, and one of them is no longer with the team.

Top Bottom