• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL November 2016 |OT| #MakeOilersGreatAgain.

Na6dZOP.jpg

yh3X7iQ.jpg

cYa0ObZ.jpg

7QEIipD.jpg

Stasis

Even more fun is that we now have 3 guys in the top 30 for points among D.

McDonagh at 11, Skjei at 10 and now HOLDEN at 9.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Canucks have 2 regulation wins so far, really solidifying their place for that top pick early in the season.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
The Rangers' goal differential of +34 is now greater than the number of goals scored by the Buffalo Sabres (30) and the Colorado Avalanche (31), and only barely behind the Vancouver Canucks (35), San Jose Sharks (37), and New Jersey Devils (37).

The next highest scoring team in the league behind the Rangers has scored 15 fewer goals on the season.

Brady Skjei now leads all NHL rookies, at any position, in assists on the season with 10. One ahead of Mitch Marner.

Right behind the Canadiens at the top of the league now. The Habs' two loser points are the only difference between the two.

Shit is ridiculous.

Stasis

Our real tests are coming up.

And then in January let's see if we can put up more than 1-2 on Jesus Price.

Enjoying the fuck out of this ridiculous ride, though, no doubt.

Vyse24

2nd season in a row (and 2nd season in franchise history) that the Rangers have 13 wins in their first 17 games. Hopefully this team won't suffer the same bad luck last seasons team had in late November thru December.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Our real tests are coming up.

And then in January let's see if we can put up more than 1-2 on Jesus Price.

Enjoying the fuck out of this ridiculous ride, though, no doubt.

Yeah, the only thing that concerns me right now is that things might be going a little too well. They're slipping back into some bad habits because it hasn't been burning them. Their score-adjusted CF% has been near the bottom of the league in November, and it hasn't made a damn bit of difference because their shooting percentage has been so high. Now that's largely because what shots they do get have been quality, but back in October they were frequently dominating games in possession. Now? Not so much. Good teams will start taking advantage.

The Pittsburgh home and home next week is the first real test of the season.

Was checking out the league stats to see where Toronto and other Canadian teams sit etc. just for fun and god damn that goal differential for the Rangers.

Also what's with Edmonton's losing streak? Dropping like a rock.

1060 seems pretty good so far. I had to roll back the latest drivers pretty much right away.

As for hockey, Auston should get sent to the Marlies for a conditioning stint.

I think Good Willie is done for.

calder

Hell or High Water is the best movie I've seen this year. Fantastic cast. An ending so good I rewatched the last scene immediately after the movie ended.

PillarEN

Wings lose against Montreal and can't beat Tampa on the Bolts second game in two nights. Can't compete with the big boys in the division.

Yawnier

Banned
Was checking out the league stats to see where Toronto and other Canadian teams sit etc. just for fun and god damn that goal differential for the Rangers.

The Oilers still aren't that good of a team. McDavid is like putting a band-aid over a shotgun wound for them

zroid

Banned

McDavid hasn't scored in a while. When he slumps so too do the Oilers. The effect is probably more exaggerated with them than any other star/team combo in the league.

One of these things is not like the others,
One of these things just doesn't belong,

5Wgb3d9.png

it's almost as if +/- is a bad stat :p

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
This is what I'm talking about with regards to how the Rangers are playing lately, with roughly the same results, compared to how they were playing earlier in the season:

It's one thing to be riding PDO when CF is relatively solid, as it was through October. It's another thing when possession is tilted solidly against you.

The "good" news is that slide does coincide with some key injuries, so the hope would be that a returning Kreider and Buchnevich would help.

The problem with that is that the Rangers are clearly being obtuse about whatever Kreider's issue is, and that's rarely a good thing. If it's a concussion, it must have been something he played with because there was no obvious cause for him to be out. And that's worrisome.

Chris R

Pepsi Center is a neat arena.

Especially when they let away fans have noisemakers

Mt. Loud? Those paper fans do make a shitton of noise.

It was nice seeing the team get lucky time and again last night and hold onto the win.

If the kings connected on 1/4 of those passes in front of Varly it would have been like 20-3.

Parch

Oilers look better than last year. When they screw up defensively they're pretty bad though, lol.
Oilers back to reality after an early favorable schedule. And IMO reality is an improving team but still not a playoff team.

We're starting to see some defensive mistakes again, but still seeing a much better team defensively. Nurse and Klefbom finally showing their potential and the PK has been pretty good, but they'll still make their fair share of mistakes.

Offensively, right now they can't decide who should play with McDavid and best case scenario is there will be 2 productive lines, one line that might keep the puck out of the net, and the rest lousy. Add that there isn't going to be much help from defencemen offensively and that's not a playoff team IMO.

Just show improvement. I don't care if they finish 9th. That's not a fail, that's showing they're finally an improving team.

Mt. Loud? Those paper fans do make a shitton of noise.

It was nice seeing the team get lucky time and again last night and hold onto the win.

If the kings connected on 1/4 of those passes in front of Varly it would have been like 20-3.

Yeah, I got seats in the Mt. Loud section when the Bruins were there on Sunday. It was great.

Parch

Busted finger just adds to the lousy start. I thought Calgary would be better and competing for a playoff spot, but after this lousy start and now if they lose Gaudreau for any length of time, they can kiss those hopes goodbye.

Top Bottom