• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL November 2016 |OT| #MakeOilersGreatAgain.

He's saying things that make sense as far as D coverage and the type that Gallant had been running. We've love 4 games in regulation so far after having a 2 goal lead and even the past winning games we've been outplayed and are saved by playing OT very well. He looks like Elmer Fudd tho.

Those twitter comments are pissed. How do the GAF Cats fans feel? Both your immediate reaction and then your long term outlook (or I guess this season).

I'm not adverse to firing Gallant, mentioned above but the team has not been able to hold leads and was just looking listless much of the season. Gallant as had long term usage issues such as line up rigidity and stupid shit like putting out the 4th line when down by 1 late in the 3rd. Look deeper, Panthers also were averaging the longest shifts in the league which was starving the 3rd line (which was playing well but only getting like 12 minutes a game). Then the PP has always been bad under Gallant even last year being up in the top 3rd in scoring with a bottom 5 PP did not make sense and then putting out grinders on the PP. Even recently with Bjugstad coming back he wasn't getting any PP time, which for a skilled dude is a crime.

The biggest problem for me is that Rowe has come in as interim from going from the coach on the farm last year, to AGM, to GM, now to HC. Reminds me of the Keenan-Martin era of the Panthers complete with meddling ownership and kneejerk trades because the GM is the coach. Long term it's the constant instability that hurts the team. So much work over the past 6 years by Tallon rebuilding the org literally from the ground up to becoming respectable and attracting free agents like Yandle and Demers (who signed for less to play for FLA) all seemingly dumped in the shitter. Of course the CDN media is eating it up and the team is back to being the laughing stock of the league. If the ownership is meddling as much as I think then I don't see it changing back anytime soon.

Two struggling teams in the New York area would get a lot of interest regardless of availability. A 23-year-old RHD would be expensive though. Maybe Boston was onto something when they dealt him.

This is true...and I've actually pointed out the same before...but...you could tell they desperately wanted Larsen to succeed. Big minutes and quarterbacked the PP constantly. He had by far the most PP minutes of any dman but couldn't hit the fucking net.

I read your last post too quickly and thought it was a question about why Larsen was favoured, not a statement. And yes I agree they really wanted him to quarterback the PP despite being on the third pairing.

Stars @ Blues

Dan Hamhuis scratched, Nemeth in. Commence the tank, again.

Has Hamhuis been playing that poorly?

Blue Jackets trade Cody Goloubef to Colorado Avalanche for Ryan Stanton

Ryan Stanton still has a contract, huh.

Parch

Now that Gallant has been kicked to the curb it sure sounds like Rowe is all in for the analytics. All teams are using it to some extent, but the smart teams realize that it's just a tool and not the answer to every question.

Baseball learned this decades ago, and baseball is much better suited to analytics than a free flow game like hockey. If Rowe is hockey's Billy Bean, then it could be a hard lesson learned for Florida.

Gallant will be fine. I wouldn't be surprised if he ends up in Vegas.

Parch

It seems really quiet during the Islander game. Is it pretty much assumed that hockey in Brooklyn isn't doing too good?

calder

Absolutely nothing will out of this review, unless you count the wasted American tax dollars.

Some junior officer somewhere will get to spend a couple of weeks putting together 10,000 words about how a professional hockey team in Las Vegas probably won't be confused for a parachute team of all fucking things lol

Edit: good job blues way to give the Stars a point they absolutely didn't deserve

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
You're probably too young and foreign to know this, but we used to have bagged milk in Vancouver too. But after the early 2000's you couldn't find it anymore.

Sigh. I miss bagged milk.

I moved here in '09 so yeah :p

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
TSN has Juulsen slotting in on the top pair for the WJ Canadian team, good to see as he's really had a great season so far.

Top Bottom