• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL November 2016 |OT| #MakeOilersGreatAgain.

Cake Boss

Banned
OTTTTAWWWAA REEEDDD BIIIIGGG COOOKKKSSS

CHAMPS OF CANADA!!!

FUCK YOU ZROID AND YOUR HICK ASS FRIENDS, GO FUCK YOUR COWS AND CHURN SOME BUTTER WITH YOUR SEMEN INSIDE COWS BUTTHOLES YOU BUCNH OF COW MOLESTERS.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
I remember when the Panthers poached him and I said I didn't think he would do that great after seeing him in Montreal and Panther's fans were praising him as the second coming up until this season. Still surprising they fired him after that extension, how is everyone not on the same page before signing that?

zroid

Banned
I remember when the Panthers poached him and I said I didn't think he would do that great after seeing him in Montreal and Panther's fans were praising him as the second coming up until this season. Still surprising they fired him after that extension, how is everyone not on the same page before signing that?

remember when the leafs extended Carlyle inexplicably and fired him a few months later?

there's probably a reason why they do it, like as a courtesy so they aren't left without any income while looking for a new job

Quick

Banned
Soc, did you end up buying much from the PSN sales?

Ended up with just The Witcher 3 Complete Edition and Assassin's Creed Unity after mulling it over. I picked up a physical copy of Rise of the Tomb Raider too.

Titanfall 2 was tempting, but I have a bunch of games on a backlog that I want to finish first before committing to any more.

zroid

Banned
I'm really curious to see what the Panthers do now with Rowe behind the bench. Might be the first example of a NHL coach who is 100% on board with management's vision of making data-driven decisions.

No guarantees it works of course, but it's going to be interesting to follow nonetheless.

Socreges

Banned
Soc, did you end up buying much from the PSN sales?

Ended up with just The Witcher 3 Complete Edition and Assassin's Creed Unity after mulling it over. I picked up a physical copy of Rise of the Tomb Raider too.

Titanfall 2 was tempting, but I have a bunch of games on a backlog that I want to finish first before committing to any more.
Nice. I got Hitman and... kinda out of no where...DiRT Rally. Wanted another game I can jump in and play in small doses. Sounds really good.

I'll probably just keep playing PES 2017 when I have time anyhow...

Pikma

Banned
Has anyone here played The Division or Just Cause 3? If so, how are they? Does JC3 still run like shit on consoles? I have $30 left but I'm undecided about what else I should get...

GSG Flash

Nobody ruins my family vacation but me...and maybe the boy!
Slightly over 8k in attendance in Raleigh tonight to watch the Canes win...

Those are uh... really bad numbers

It's as if Canes fans are already resigned to the Canes relocating even without there being any announcements :/

Heretic

Has anyone here played The Division or Just Cause 3? If so, how are they? Does JC3 still run like shit on consoles? I have $30 left but I'm undecided about what else I should get...
Enjoyed the gunplay in The Division. Need to get back to that game...

The Division is fun to play through for about 30 hours. End game content is shit if that's what you're into. At least is was when I finished the game months ago. Updates might have made it better since then.

Clydefrog

Westworld

just

wow

what a fantastic 60mins of television again.

AjgUjj0.gif

PillarEN

This gif is a blast from the past. How does one even google it? You probably have it bookmarked...

Tomas Jurco could be back against Dallas. Not really important news. I forgot he was on the team. Would he bump Miller on the fourth line or would he take Glendening's spot on the 3rd?

Edit: Those Gallant pictures are crazy. Hurricanes staff helping him? It makes sense of course given that the team was flying right after the game but it's kinda sad how it's not the team you worked for helping you on your departure.

Let me know if it's worth seeing for the first time as an adult who is made very uncomfortable by Tom Cruise.

Edit: So who gets fired if the Panthers are .500 in their next twenty games?

Hopefully Rowe

Making him hail a cab is fucking cruel.

My guess is he was in no mood to travel with the team.

Gallant getting dumped like that, wow. That must have been some disagreement.

Sounds like there was core disagreement with how the team should be run and still terrible PP. There is actually an audio clip on the Twitter that shows it. I have to find it, but he and Kelly were basically laughing at the stat people brought in.

Edit:
https://t.co/1jcsbgK5XQ
The fact that he didn't call an Uber tells me he's outdated and out of touch, so maybe t he management was right

If they were a really class org it would've been an Uber Black.

Hockey Canada/EDM Oilers to formally announce Monday Ivan Hlinka Memorial (U-18) Tourney is coming to CAN every other year, starting 2018.

In odd-numbered years (2017/19/21 etc), tourney will be hosted in either CZE or SVK, two countries which previously alternated annually.

Ivan Hlinka's widow Libena is scheduled to be in attendance at tomorrow's new conference in EDM.

Bob McKenzie. Good get for Hockey Canada.

Cake Boss

Banned
Lost in this grey cup shit was the SNES shutting out the 2nd best team in the league for the first time, in a back to back too. 4 game win streak got them to 5th place overall in the league.

This is the best SNES team since 06/07. 😁

Quick

Banned
Nice. I got Hitman and... kinda out of no where...DiRT Rally. Wanted another game I can jump in and play in small doses. Sounds really good.

I'll probably just keep playing PES 2017 when I have time anyhow...

Solid. Was thinking about Hitman, but I'll wait till it goes down further in price.

Two Black Women Embrace Their Chance to Be Hockey Role Models

Three years ago, girls from the Hockey in Newark youth program were invited to meet the Princeton women’s hockey team.

During the visit, the girls, many of whom are members of minorities, were drawn to defender Kelsey Koelzer. Like them, Koelzer, who is African-American, played much of her youth in secondhand equipment and was raised by a single parent who struggled to accommodate the costly expenses of hockey.

The girls peppered Koelzer with questions. Koelzer was struck by the encounter, too; her mother, Kristine, still remembers her daughter talking about the effect the visit had.

Koelzer’s influence is expanding in her senior season at Princeton. In June, she was selected first over all by the New York Riveters in the National Women’s Hockey League draft. Koelzer is believed to be the first African-American player taken No. 1 by a top-tier American professional hockey league. Shortly after the historic pick, Sarah Nurse of Canada, who is also black, was selected in the second round by the Boston Pride.

Top Bottom