• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL November 2016 |OT| #MakeOilersGreatAgain.

Calgary gave up a 1st and 2 2nd's for Hamilton. While no roster players went the other way, it wasn't exactly a steal.

He's 23 and right-handed. It won't be Hall for Larson, but it'll be close.

I would probably start with Nylander and a 1st.

Calgary gave up a 1st and 2 2nd's for Hamilton. While no roster players went the other way, it wasn't exactly a steal.

If that's the price I'd say pass and try free agency for a D-man next year.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
ooh Nylander is playing C tonight

sure he's on the 4th line... but progress!!!!1

this should help the leafs be more dangerous as they'll have Kadri / Marner / Matthews / Nylander on separate lines

but we're totally opening the gates of McDavid

Mete,Juulsen and McNiven all invited to Team Canada World Juniors camp

I hope Mete makes the Team. Bob Mackenzie says Juulsen will be a top pairing Defenceman

Quick

Banned

You make a compelling argument, let me counter this:

Polak for Hamilton.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
@sunhornby

Babs says Holland stayed at home after talking to agent, denies radio speculation that he pulled Nylander from Saturdays game. Medical call.

wtf??

Cactus

Banned
This will probably end up being uninteresting news.

Something like: Holland put on waivers with Leivo ready to return from injury.

zroid

Banned

Errr I'm pretty sure the Dougie trade was widely considered a fleecing by Calgary, and I agree with that. The price they paid was trivial for a 22 year old top 4 D-man with top 2 upside. Nylander is worth much, much more than what they gave up.

I'm not saying Nylander for Hamilton straight up would be an unfair trade. It doesn't sit entirely well with me as a Leafs fan, but that's generally what you should feel when you're making a "fair" trade. Still, it's not comparable to the fleecing Calgary pulled a couple summers ago.

zroid

Banned
Whenever Holland has played on the 4th line he has been really effective. He can play D at that level and he chips in offensively. His Pts/60 has been solid over the last couple years.

To throw him under the bus for a middle six AHLer in Ben Smith is seriously problematic. I don't give a fuck how many faceoffs Ben Smith wins.

Cactus

Banned
Errr I'm pretty sure the Dougie trade was widely considered a fleecing by Calgary, and I agree with that. The price they paid was trivial for a 22 year old top 4 D-man with top 2 upside. Nylander is worth much, much more than what they gave up.

I'm not saying Nylander for Hamilton straight up would be an unfair trade. It doesn't sit entirely well with me as a Leafs fan, but that's generally what you should feel when you're making a "fair" trade. Still, it's not comparable to the fleecing Calgary pulled a couple summers ago.

Agreed. Nylander is an 8th overall pick with crazy offensive skills and good possession numbers who has been successful in every single league he played in.

I totally understand why a Leafs fan wouldn't want to trade him for Hamilton. I definitely wouldn't like to see that happen.

Line_HTX

CyXtv_RXcAAiQUB.jpg

At least the memes are great

Lol, Clippy.

Is Corsi supposed to be a real stat?

I just don't like the idea of getting rid of one of our top picks, who's turning into a big part of this rebuild, for Hamilton. Sure, Hamilton is good, but we haven't given Nylander enough of a chance and it's the type of trade you end up regretting in the future.

Hell, Dougie is a minus player so far.

Top Bottom