• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL November 2016 |OT| #MakeOilersGreatAgain.

Yawnier

Banned
I think Nylander will be Captain

I think it'll be Rielly or Matthews, I would give Rielly the edge though cause this is already like his 4th season and he has paid his dues to the team more.

If I had to pick a darkhorse it would be someone like Connor Brown because Babs has a giant hard on for him.

zroid

Banned
I don't mind if they eventually decide to name Matthews the captain but in no way do I want it thrust upon him as early as next year. After his ELC is over, then maybe.

Yawnier

Banned
I don't mind if they eventually decide to name Matthews the captain but in no way do I want it thrust upon him as early as next year. After his ELC is over, then maybe.

Yeah I'm more comfortable with Rielly getting the C as of right now, and tbh I wouldn't complain if they rolled with the 4 As again for next season as well but I don't think it will happen.

zroid

Banned
Yeah I'm more comfortable with Rielly getting the C as of right now, and tbh I wouldn't complain if they rolled with the 4 As again for next season as well but I don't think it will happen.

word, nothing wrong with rolling 4 As, the C is mostly symbolic anyways

Quick

Banned
Rielly will probably be Captain by next season/soon enough. Young guy that's already part of the leadership group of the team, and out of the official four Alternates (Rielly, Bozak, Komarov, Hunwick), the least expendable.

Wouldn't mind seeing Kadri either, if only for the reactions. I'm kind of worried that Naz gets Pacioretty'd by the fans, not that this isn't a thing already though, at least in the fringes.

Matthews...maybe in a few years? If Rielly either doesn't want the C or the team waits even longer.

Can see the Leafs doing this by next year:

C - Rielly
A - Kadri, Bozak, maybe JVR gets an A for home/away to swap with Bozak/Kadri.

I don't put any stock in what the media is saying. I remember a few years ago Damien Cox suggested Matt Stajan should be captain.

LOL I remember this. Didn't realize it was Cocks.

Socreges

Banned
Rielly will probably be Captain by next season/soon enough. Young guy that's already part of the leadership group of the team, and out of the official four Alternates (Rielly, Bozak, Komarov, Hunwick), the least expendable.

Wouldn't mind seeing Kadri either, if only for the reactions. I'm kind of worried that Naz gets Pacioretty'd by the fans, not that this isn't a thing already though, at least in the fringes.

Matthews...maybe in a few years? If Rielly either doesn't want the C or the team waits even longer.

Can see the Leafs doing this by next year:

C - Rielly
A - Kadri, Bozak, maybe JVR gets an A for home/away to swap with Bozak/Kadri.

LOL I remember this. Didn't realize it was Cocks.
Do it. For you, the reactions. For me, the gong show of anti-captain Kadri as captain.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
🤔🤔🤔

i still don't think any of our big 3 are available.

we may lose a good prospect though.

If Leafs see hamilton is available... and they're able to get a damn good top 4... why not?

as long as they don't touch nielsen... i will be ANGRY

zroid

Banned

If Leafs see hamilton is available... and they're able to get a damn good top 4... why not?

Nielsen played junior in Lethbridge...!!!

Razorskin

----- ------

What if Bracco is going the other way?

Silexx

Lost in this grey cup shit was the SNES shutting out the 2nd best team in the league for the first time, in a back to back too. 4 game win streak got them to 5th place overall in the league.

This is the best SNES team since 06/07. 😁

It's a good time to be an Ottawa sports fan right now and I'm going to hold this feeling for as long as I can before it all comes crashing down. :p

Socreges

Banned
I'm a believer in Stecher

he has been great so far
Funny that they wasted so much time on Larsen while Stecher was clearly the superior version.

That D line is green as fuck, though.

Any fancy stats on Stecher so far?

Also, anyone know if there is a trend for scoring (or hits, as another example) to increase or decrease as the season progresses?

zroid

Banned
Funny that they wasted so much time on Larsen while Stecher was clearly the superior version.

That D line is green as fuck, though.

Any fancy stats on Stecher so far?

Also, anyone know if there is a trend for scoring (or hits, as another example) to increase or decrease as the season progresses?

I haven't looked at his fancystats myself, but everything I'm reading suggests they're very promising. If he keeps this up he might be in the ROTY conversation (maybe not among the Calder voters, but in general).

Pikma

Banned
Lost in this grey cup shit was the SNES shutting out the 2nd best team in the league for the first time, in a back to back too. 4 game win streak got them to 5th place overall in the league.

This is the best SNES team since 06/07. 😁
Sens are unstoppable, time for a ECF run!

IT'S NOW OR NEVER!!!!!!

Received the white Leafs jersey from last year. It's now hanging in my closet, but I'm obsessing over it because there's a slight 'flaw' in it that makes me think about returning it and trying to get another. But I doubt the ones in store will be perfect.

By flaw, I mean, there's a bump on the front where a tiny bit of the fabric has come out a bit.

Guess I can't complain for $50.87.

Damn, I like Jordan Staal a lot. :(

Like is the logo going to peel open? Sounds odd the way your describing it.

No, nothing major at all.

Imagine a piece of velcro touching the jersey and pulling a bit of the material out on the front. There's essentially just a minute piece of fluff sticking out near the one shoulder; something nobody else would ever notice or obsess over.

I remember, back when I wore my Sundin jersey to games, my coat's velcro caught it and there were a few of those. They were much more noticeable on that jersey. I almost hyperventilated, but a family friend just pushed them back in.

It's just me being me.

Socreges

Banned
I haven't looked at his fancystats myself, but everything I'm reading suggests they're very promising. If he keeps this up he might be in the ROTY conversation (maybe not among the Calder voters, but in general).
Unless his offensive production increases this year, which could happen, I don't see him getting much consideration.

Larsen needed waivers while Stecher didn't. I think the plan was always to have Larsen start the year and see what he could do, while Stecher would be the first call-up in case of injury.

I remember reading something about Larkin in his rookie year where he started strong and faded as the season went on because he was used to the more relaxed schedule of college hockey, so the rigors of the NHL wore him down. I think the same might happen with Stecher.

Socreges

Banned
Larsen needed waivers while Stecher didn't. I think the plan was always to have Larsen start the year and see what he could do, while Stecher would be the first call-up in case of injury.

I remember reading something about Larkin in his rookie year where he started strong and faded as the season went on because he was used to the more relaxed schedule of college hockey, so the rigors of the NHL wore him down. I think the same might happen with Stecher.
This is true...and I've actually pointed out the same before...but...you could tell they desperately wanted Larsen to succeed. Big minutes and quarterbacked the PP constantly. He had by far the most PP minutes of any dman but couldn't hit the fucking net.

Top Bottom