• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL November 2016 |OT| #MakeOilersGreatAgain.

Quick

Banned
I might go see it tomorrow, or maybe Monday. Then Arrival on Thursday.

I eat a lot of cereal, and Cheerios has free movie tickets on its boxes, so I bought several boxes. The shitty thing is Dr. Strange is only in 3D, so I'll have to pay a few dollars for the glasses; as I'd rather see it in 2D for free.

EDIT: @Quick - It's just because I'm crazy. My friend bought the extra 2016 jersey I got for half off off of me and he said he'd just use it for ball hockey. He doesn't care.

Arrival looks amazing, and the reviews have sealed the deal for me. I'm definitely watching it.

No no. Just my allusion to the bending of reality. Terrific movie

lol I also figured it was this.

Not that there's anything wrong with hating the movie of course.

Arrival looks amazing, and the reviews have sealed the deal for me. I'm definitely watching it.

The trailer and premise intrigued me, then the reviews sealed it. You don't often see an average rating of 8.7/10 on RT. And that's what I usually look at over the freshometer.

I was gonna watch the Habs game when I got home last night...but by the time I got home it was already 4-0.

Some may have said to put Price out there but why tire him out on a back-to-back when it's already looking like a losing effort. Cut your loses. As long as they can move past it tonight.

zroid

Banned
I was gonna watch the Habs game when I got home last night...but by the time I got home it was already 4-0.

Some may have said to put Price out there but why tire him out on a back-to-back when it's already looking like a losing effort. Cut your loses. As long as they can move past it tonight.

should have just pulled the goalies entirely and run 6v5 for the entire 3rd period

not even joking

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016

Pretty much, putting in Price was pointless, shit happens time to move on.

Lids told me that Scarborough Town Centre has lots of Team Canada jerseys on sale, but given that it's an hour's drive it'd cost the difference in gas most-likely.

So we put Mitchell on waivers and no one claimed him so he's staying with the team.

Because Sakic wants to make a trade, more than likely. So what the fuck, Toronto? It's Malkin for crying out loud.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
So we put Mitchell on waivers and no one claimed him so he's staying with the team.

Because Sakic wants to make a trade, more than likely. So what the fuck, Toronto? It's Malkin for crying out loud.

Ben Smith, Roman Polak and Matt Hunwick for Johnny Malkin

Yawnier

Banned

I don't know if I could stand to watch Johnny Malkin in a leafs jersey again

He would prob be better than Ben Smith though.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Leafs-Canucks is on CBC... AND it's the nhl.com free game.

gee thanks NHL, make the one game free to watch that's already free anyway? HOW AMAZING OF A BENEFIT

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
The Man, The Myth, The Legend: John Scott has officially retired from hockey, Phrase be.

I heard he's starting his own brewing company/ might be working at TSN as an Analyst.

The Avs need to kill these jerseys with fire.

Our new thirds are legit. You have terrible tas..
image.php

Snaku

Banned
That feel when your Stubhub seller cancels your cheapo back row tickets, and Stubhub upgrades you to front row tickets for free as compensation.

Let's go Cats!

Pikma

Banned
Lmao I see Pikma's developed quite the obsession with me
But Red, I'm just doing what you asked me to

The same hyping up shit every year? Saying this is the best team they've iced in 20 years isn't exactly high praise, and they're icing the most depth and talent they've had in my life time, and I've never hyped them up as more than a ECF contender, you spend an hour searching my posts if you'd like. You wouldn't know any of that though because you're just looking for a cheap troll.
Now, is it a cheap troll or is it an obsession?
You do realized that what I said can be true even though they collapsed right?
But hey! Everything you said can still be true even though they already collapsed, right?!

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
But Red, I'm just doing what you asked me to

Now, is it a cheap troll or is it an obsession?

But hey! Everything you said can still be true even though they already collapsed, right?!
You're an odd person, you've always posted with pent up rage, hopefully you're able to find a way to remove that from your life.

Kabanossi

I'm travelling from Europe to New York for Christmas and a couple of NHL games are of course on our schedule. Minnesota - Rangers on the 23rd and Penguins - Devils (Pens fan here) on the 27th. Got the tickets already. Any tips or good to know things? As I'm travelling such a distance I of course want to see the whole thing, opening show etc. When should I be seated? How long do I have to queue to get a beer? Btw, here in Finland you're not allowed to take any alcohol to the stands which sucks.

Any tips are welcome, I'm super excited already. :)

Chris R

I'm travelling from Europe to New York for Christmas and a couple of NHL games are of course on our schedule. Minnesota - Rangers on the 23rd and Penguins - Devils (Pens fan here) on the 27th. Got the tickets already. Any tips or good to know things? As I'm travelling such a distance I of course want to see the whole thing, opening show etc. When should I be seated? How long do I have to queue to get a beer? Btw, here in Finland you're not allowed to take any alcohol to the stands which sucks.

Drink beers beforehand, cheaper and better selection.

Get to your seats 40 mins before the game to see warmups.

Quick

Banned

Welcome to NHL-GAF.

I'd say be at the arena an hour prior, you'll at least get to take your time walking around to take it all in, especially at MSG. It's generally a good idea to be there before the anthem, otherwise ushers won't let you take your seat until the first stoppage of play. At least, this is how it is at the Air Canada Centre.

Personal experience: lines in the ACC aren't too bad for concessions, I'd say you probably won't wait long. The line you SHOULD worry about are lines to the bathrooms. At around 5 minutes or so before the period ends, you'll probably notice people leaving their seats.

In terms of any pre-game stuff, check to see the teams' websites to see if there's anything happening before the game starts. Otherwise, you'll just get the starting lineup announcements and anthem.

Pikma

Banned

Sounds like a place MultiJhonny would never enjoy

Also, congrats, hope you have fun!

Top Bottom