• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL November 2016 |OT| #MakeOilersGreatAgain.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Did he not drop his gloves?

Martin getting an instigator penalty has the facts disagreeing with you there buddy

Why does it being someone's 4th NHL game matter in this scrnario? Looking at the chain of events I don't think Martin had any reason to go after the person he attacked, rookie or not.

How would you react if e.g. Burrows suddenly decided to try fighting Matthews?

I'm not cheering Martin going after someone. I'm cheering Andersen skating down the ice and Martin taunting the Canucks (especially after Dorsett wouldn't touch Martin but went after Komarov).

Holy shit Martin is awesome.

Conceptor

I'll echo what Smiley said. To me it is fucking awesome that Miller came in to protect his teammate.

At the same time my heart is swooning over Andersen immediately skating down the ice (and Martin taunting the Nucks bench too).
Yeah I have no doubt that Miller was aware of who he was jumping at, awesome to see him stand up for his rookie there.

Anderson and Martin getting some fan points too! I feel like Martin was gonna probably fight the first person he hit on his next shift anyway, knowing Dorsett is in the locker room watching the end of the game lol

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
Hey man, I understand. You're not happy with how this game went. I'd be emotional too if I was a Canucks fan right now.

Posts like these are funny considering your team was far and away the worst in the league last season.

Not that the Canucks have a bright future at the moment.

Man, I detest these fuckers and their elitist organization. Typical Canucks hockey: cheap shots, spears, etc.

(Kadri was in the wrong, but the Leafs have been more respectable and it didn't look like he meant it.)

Smiley90

Man, I detest these fuckers and their elitist organization. Typical Canucks hockey: cheap shots, spears, etc.

(Kadri was in the wrong, but the Leafs have been more respectable and it didn't look like he meant it.)

:lol

:lolol

:lololol

Montresor

Martin getting an instigator penalty has the facts disagreeing with you there buddy

How would you react if e.g. Burrows suddenly decided to try fighting Matthews?

Well this analogy doesn't work very well because the person Martin attacked isn't a super talented person. And Burrows did something slightly similar already earlier today (spearing Rielly and then fighting/goading Rielly). My only reaction is that I'm glad Rielly defended himself and I was upset at Burrows.

You should be upset at Martin and I would be upset at Martin too! Martin did a shitty thing and Miller did an awesome thing to protect his teammate. My only point is I don't put much stock into the rookie or veteran status of the player Martin attacked. Martin shouldn't have attacked him period.

Smiley90

you do realize martin attacking the defender was because dorsett skipped martin and attacked komarov... komarov is NOT a fighter, just an agitator.

so it had to be done because your goon decided to be a bitch

so next Leafs game if a "fighter" doesn't want to fight an "agitator"

like say

if Martin doesn't want to fight Burrows

then Burrows should try and fight Nylander? got it!

apples and oranges man

mdubs

Banned

like say

apples and oranges man
I think you should reread that chain of events and reflect on the logical leap you just made

trifelife

This is all a bit rich coming from a fan of a team that has employed Burrows, Lapierre, Kesler, Kassian, Torres and Matt fucking Cooke the past few years

Yes, I was a huge part of signing and trading for those players! Give me a break. Just because it's my hometown team doesn't mean I condone the actions of the players. Come on.

Yes, it is unequivocally awesome that Martin taunted the bench, and to me this is especially because of Dorsett's actions from earlier in the game.

If Burrows taunted the Leafs bench you would be throwing "classless" all around. Come on.

Hey man, I understand. You're not happy with how this game went. I'd be emotional too if I was a Canucks fan right now.

I don't even know who you are and you sure as shit don't know the first thing about me, so let's keep it down eh. The only thing I'm emotional about is Daniel Sedin being cheapshotted by a dipshit not even worthy of carrying his hockey bag.

Montresor

like say

Smiley what are you doing. First, before you finish reading this post understand that I AGREE WITH YOU. But you're getting Dopey's analogy completely wrong.

Dopey is saying that if next time Martin (fighter) doesn't want to fight (Dorsett) fighter, then Dorsett should fight Kadri (agitator). The type of player Nylander is has no place in this analogy.

Foggy

I need a diagram of each classification of hockey player and who's allowed to fight who. Zroid, you got a graph with a bunch of shapes and colors to map this out?

Smiley90

Smiley what are you doing. First, before you finish reading this post understand that I AGREE WITH YOU. But you're getting Dopey's analogy completely wrong.

Dopey is saying that if next time Martin (fighter) doesn't want to fight (Dorsett) fighter, then Dorsett should fight Kadri (agitator).

But Stecher isn't an agitator. If Martin had decided to say, fight Burrows, I'd have been happy with it. That's why I used Nylander as the equivalent of Stecher.

Cactus

Banned
I don't even know who you are and you sure as shit don't know the first thing about me, so let's keep it down eh. The only thing I'm emotional about is Daniel Sedin being cheapshotted by a dipshit not even worthy of carrying his hockey bag.
I'm Cactus. My username is above my avatar.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened

Dopey is saying that if next time Martin (fighter) doesn't want to fight (Dorsett) fighter, then Dorsett should fight Kadri (agitator).

The agitator isn't an important factor except to state he is not a fighter.

Martin made a statement by attacking another non-fighter because dorsett refused to fight another fighter and instead attacked a non-fighter.

Fighters don't fight non-fighters unless it's warranted. Komarov didn't do a damn thing. Stecher didn't do a damn thing, either.

Hockey is eye for an eye when it comes to goons. Do your job or face consequences for shitting on the code.

Smiley90

Getting heated in here lol

You haven't seen nothing yet, just wait until one of those hillbillies with their damn cable access shows up here and calls Canucks-fans one big chinatown and then we're off to the races

The agitator isn't an important factor except to state he is not a fighter.

Martin made a statement by attacking another non-fighter because dorsett refused to fight another fighter and instead attacked a non-fighter.

Hence my point - so next time one of your fighters doesn't want to fight one of our fighters, our fighter should just pick any of your rookies and try to fight them? C'mon man you can't be that dense and think that's a good way to resolve Martin's I NEED TO SLAM MY FISTS INTO STH problem.

zroid

Banned
362acadfca2f45629a213aad6dd36653.png

Oh dear...

Sounds like it was Gudbranson based on another tweet

lol

What did the Canucks ever do to you? Genuiunely confused at the amount of hatred you have for them. It's like Quick and the Jets.

I cheered for them against Boston, but I got sick of the elitist attitude CBC and other media (plus the fans) would show towards the organization. And the one the team had, itself. It was like their shit didn't stink.

Then, watching them play against the Leafs, and noticing all of the after the whistle slashes on Kessel's hands...and watching Burrows in general/hearing so much about the overrated Sedins...I started to hate them.

zroid

Banned
I for one would not be entirely upset if Matt Martin were forced to miss a few games with an injury of some sort

just sayin'

Top Bottom