• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL November 2016 |OT| #MakeOilersGreatAgain.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
5 Rangers now have double digits in points. The entire third line (Grabner, Hayes, Miller), Derek Stepan (who just got his first goal tonight), and Jimmy Vesey.

Every forward to dress for the team has now scored at least one goal except for Oscar Lindberg, who has only appeared in 4 games.

Cactus

Banned
Smiley, I can definitely understand why you didn't like that fight. That said, the game was a huge clusterfuck, and a lot of guys on both teams did fucking stupid stuff. Kadri should definitely get a hearing for the hit.

I'm still pissed about that spear. If you're gonna spear someone, fucking do it and don't act like it was an accident. Then that extra punch at the end of the fight. Fuck off.

362acadfca2f45629a213aad6dd36653.png

Oh dear...

Sounds like it was Gudbranson based on another tweet

Their fighter wasn't willing to fight him this game, what's going to change next game?

FTR, I have no real issue with Dorsett going after a guy like Komarov after Kadri's ugly hit on Daniel. Canucks players could have targeted Marner, Matthews, Nylander etc and didn't. They actually kept it (mostly) respectable.

Dec 3 prediction. Martin fights in the 1st 5 minutes; Canucks take the home win 4-2.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
We all know this will result in a boring Gudbranson-Martin staged fight instead of some real salty goodness.

I'm personally hoping the Leafs&Canucks start their 4th line and we get a repeat of one of the best opening faceoffs of recent hockey history: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vIcdbxzrtbI

FTR, I have no real issue with Dorsett going after a guy like Komarov after Kadri's ugly hit on Daniel. Canucks players could have targeted Marner, Matthews, Nylander etc and didn't. They actually kept it (mostly) respectable.

Dec 3 prediction. Martin fights in the 1st 5 minutes; Canucks take the home win 4-2.
THANK YOU.

I'm not okay with Burrows spearing Rielly, which is why I said Martin should've just tried to fight him instead of a rookie.

shadowkat

Unconfirmed Member
362acadfca2f45629a213aad6dd36653.png

Oh dear...

Sounds like it was Gudbranson based on another tweet

Oh boy.....

lol

I cheered for them against Boston, but I got sick of the elitist attitude CBC and other media (plus the fans) would show towards the organization. And the one the team had, itself. It was like their shit didn't stink.

Then, watching them play against the Leafs, and noticing all of the after the whistle slashes on Kessel's hands...and watching Burrows in general/hearing so much about the overrated Sedins...I started to hate them.

Elitist CBC attitude? The media?? The same media that generally focuses on the Leafs and tends to ignore the rest of the Canadian teams??

I don't think the Sedins are overrated, tbh.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
Fair point, bruv.

Not really. Say if matt martin decided to attack one of the sedins if he did nothing of note, that opens dorsett to one of our stars.

Dorsett attacked a non fighter who did absolutely nothing all game, martin did the same thing in kind.

Smiley90

Oh boy.....

Elitist CBC attitude? The media?? The same media that generally focuses on the Leafs and tends to ignore the rest of the Canadian teams??

I don't think the Sedins are overrated, tbh.

yeah I don't really understand the thought process there either.

Not really. Say if matt martin decided to attack one of the sedins if he did nothing of note, that opens dorsett to one of our stars.

Dorsett attacked a non fighter who did absolutely nothing all game, martin did the same thing in kind.

you were wrong the first time and you're still wrong and thankfully the rest of Leafs-GAF isn't as dense as you are

trifelife

hearing so much about the overrated Sedins...I started to hate them.

Overrated???? Where have you been the last 16 years? It's only been in the last few that any pundits outside of BC have given the Sedins the respect they deserve. Even when they were putting up insane point totals they got slammed for being "soft" or not clutch or some other imaginary shit. Hank was in the midst of setting the sixth longest ironman streak in NHL history! Soft. If anything, for the majority of their career they've been underrated.

DopeyFish

yeah I don't really understand the thought process there either.

you were wrong the first time and you're still wrong and thankfully the rest of Leafs-GAF isn't as dense as you are

You're an idiot and nothing you say will make you appear intelligent in any way, shape or form.

Either use critical thinking or stop posting because you're becoming dumber than fucking tabris.

Smiley90

You're an idiot and nothing you say will make you appear intelligent in any way, shape or form.

Either use critical thinking or stop posting because you're becoming dumber than fucking tabris.

It's okay Dopey, go look at some imaginary stats and I'm sure you'll feel better soon

GSG Flash

Nobody ruins my family vacation but me...and maybe the boy!
Eugene Melnyk is honestly a man baby. He won't even pursue an outdoor game unless they have it at Parliament. CB won't get the satisfaction of seeing him fail because he won't try in the first place :/

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
So uh...what did I miss?
Leafs win. Canucks lost. Kadri blindside hit to the head of Sedin starts shit. Tough guys on both sides acting like pussies and going after non fighters. Goalies getting involved in a scrum and getting tossed. Matthews and Marner karaoke special. Smiley taking on all comers. Salt mine has exploded.

Reckheim

Leafs win. Canucks lost. Kadri blindside hit to the head of Sedin starts shit. Tough guys on both sides acting like pussies and going after non fighters. Goalies getting involved in a scrum and getting tossed. Matthews and Marner karaoke special. Smiley taking on all comers. Salt mine has exploded.

Still my favorite part of the night. That's some feel good shit.

Smiley90

Dorsett going after Komarov made no sense. Sure Kadri had the dirty hit on Sedin, so if Dorsett fights Martin after that point, nothing else happens.

I agree that Dorsett shouldn't have gone after Komarov - but at least Komarov isn't a rookie in his 4th NHL game with no past history of ever having done anything to anyone, Komarov's at least an agitator (like Kadri or Burrows). He should've fought Martin, sure. That doesn't excuse then going after Stecher.

Kadri's hit on Sedin was despicable and deserves a suspension.

Dorsett going after Komarov made no sense.

Martin going after Stecher was classless. (same as Burrows spearing Rielly)

I think we agree on that? (at least Montresor&Cactus agreed)

Now Dopey can post how he still disagrees with all this and thinks as soon as someone doesn't want to fight Martin he gets a free pass to punch anyone in the face but let's just ignore that post pre-emptively.

GSG Flash

Nobody ruins my family vacation but me...and maybe the boy!
Just got caught up on the madness that was the Leafs-Nucks game, that was quite the dirty hit from Kadri IMO. Looked like Daniel's head hit the ice :(

Glad to see that he was back on though

lol

I cheered for them against Boston, but I got sick of the elitist attitude CBC and other media (plus the fans) would show towards the organization. And the one the team had, itself. It was like their shit didn't stink.

The irony of a Leafs fan saying this is just... I can't

imBask

Banned
I agree that Dorsett shouldn't have gone after Komarov - but at least Komarov isn't a rookie in his 4th NHL game with no past history of ever having done anything to anyone, Komarov's at least an agitator (like Kadri or Burrows). He should've fought Martin, sure. That doesn't excuse then going after Stecher.

Kadri's hit on Sedin was despicable and deserves a suspension.

Dorsett going after Komarov made no sense.

Martin going after Stecher was classless. (same as Burrows spearing Rielly)

I think we agree on that? (at least Montresor&Cactus agreed)

Now Dopey can post how he still disagrees with all this and thinks as soon as someone doesn't want to fight Martin he gets a free pass to punch anyone in the face but let's just ignore that post pre-emptively.

Look either use critical thinking or start telling us what you think about Auston Matthews™

DopeyFish

Martin attacked Stetcher because Dorsett skipped Martin and attacked Komarov

you do NOT attack a non-fighter without cause and if you do expect to face the same result in return.

that is what you're not understanding. there is a code the goons follow. Dorsett did not respect the code and Martin gave the canucks a clear message.

It didn't matter if Stetcher was a rookie, or an agitator, or a star. All that mattered is that it was a non fighter.

Cactus

Banned
Salt aside, I really respect the Sedins. It's too bad their last few years in the league are being wasted. I felt the same way about Canucks legend Mats Sundin. I was rooting for the Canucks to win the cup the year he joined them, because Sundin deserved one.

Top Bottom