• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL November 2016 |OT| #MakeOilersGreatAgain.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
I'm just going to treat this like the Election and hope that Dopey soon fades into being ignored and forgotten about.

Of course you'd want someone who is showing you up and clowning you to disappear.

"Make that man who is embarrassing me on the internet to stop! wahhhh"

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
it makes head incidental in contact in which shoulder was the principle point of contact.

these frames are directly one after the other. no, it's not from his shooting. I analyze videos (even more difficult than this) all the fucking time for prosecution purposes.

So what you're saying is you're practiced in making something fit your agenda.

I see some Canucks fans are going after Dan Murphy for reporting Gudbranson's comments.

I suppose it is possible he gets suspended. Didnt Kadri get a few games for doing the throat slash gesture last year?

imBask

Banned
I see some Canucks fans are going after Dan Murphy for reporting Gudbranson's comments.

I suppose it is possible he gets suspended. Didnt Kadri get a few games for doing the throat slash gesture last year?

hummmm actually Kadri was just scratching his neck, just look at frames 2, 3 and 4 on the replay

Foggy

Truth isn't an agenda.

giphy.gif

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
Your truth is whatever fits within your tiny little blue and white colored comfort bubble.

No. My truth is what exists when you remove everything that isn't.

I don't give a fuck about dirty plays. Shit happens. But what I see via simple analysis is impact of the shoulder prior to the impact to the head. This makes the head not the primary point of contact.

However, it was east-west blindside and head did receive a notable amount of impact.

I am merely correcting people who believe the head was the first thing hit when it was clearly the shoulder shown on every angle.

Just because one angle shows the body shift later, even though still before contact to the head doesn't discredit the other videos that exist for it.

You guys keep calling me trump but I'm not the one clinging to one little sliver of footage when multiple angles back my argument.

Edit:

Elliott Friedman is backing me up.

zroid

Banned

That Kadri suspension was really stupid, and it would be equally stupid if Gudbranson gets suspended for this

calder

You know guys after hearing some impartial Toronto based hockey media talking about it I don't think Kadri will get any sort of supplemental discipline and may in fact be awarded a medal of some sort by the league DPS instead.

Nikolai11

Neo Member
Man, of all the Canucks games to miss this year....

Even if Kadri had made contact with Daniel's shoulder first (which would be practically impossible as Daniel was rotating his shoulders through the shot) it was still a predatory hit on player in a vulnerable spot. Kadri could have just as easily bowled him over.

Everytime I think Burrows has finally moved on from the all the shit he is notorious for, he goes and pulls another rat move.

Dorsett is an embarrassment to the Canucks'roster. He's as outdated and irrelevant as Benning

zroid

Banned
Canadiens last 4 games:

outshot 38-31 (Tor)
outshot 42-21 (Van)
outshot 40-30 (Cbj)
outshot 38-17 (Phi)

that's bad

3 of these teams aren't even expected to be in the playoffs, and the other one is wild card at best

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
Canadiens last 4 games:

outshot 38-31 (Tor)
outshot 42-21 (Van)
outshot 40-30 (Cbj)
outshot 38-17 (Phi)

that's bad

3 of these teams aren't even expected to be in the playoffs, and the other one is wild card at best

10-1-1 That's good...

Therrien is the coach, that's bad....

Carey Price is our goalie, that's good.

zroid

Banned
maybe more striking than the margin of getting outplayed is just the sheer volume of shots being allowed. is this supposed to be a good defensive team?

Quick

Banned
Just watched the saltfest.

Daniel Sedin definitely got his head rocked, regardless of how you want to spin it as a headshot, high hit, shoulder-to-shoulder, or whatever. That was too fucking close in either case.

Bless Freddy for willing to drop the gloves against Miller, but also pls never do that again.

Matt Martin agitating is hilarious, but then I remember how much he's getting paid to do that.

Just saw the clip of Matthews and Marner singing to Livin' On A Prayer - just two nice guys who trys hard and loves the game.

Dr.Guru of Peru

played the long game
Clean hit by Kadri. What a beauty. Old man Sedins lucky he let him have the goal, I guess he figured he'd let him celebrate one more time before retiring.

yyzjohn

Banned
I agree that Dorsett shouldn't have gone after Komarov - but at least Komarov isn't a rookie in his 4th NHL game with no past history of ever having done anything to anyone, Komarov's at least an agitator (like Kadri or Burrows). He should've fought Martin, sure. That doesn't excuse then going after Stecher.

Kadri's hit on Sedin was despicable and deserves a suspension.

Dorsett going after Komarov made no sense.

Martin going after Stecher was classless. (same as Burrows spearing Rielly)

I think we agree on that? (at least Montresor&Cactus agreed)

Now Dopey can post how he still disagrees with all this and thinks as soon as someone doesn't want to fight Martin he gets a free pass to punch anyone in the face but let's just ignore that post pre-emptively.

Kadri is a repeat offender and does stupid things from time to time, they need to send him and guys like him that "play on the edge" a message. I'd give him 10 games.

yyzjohn

Banned
it makes head incidental in contact in which shoulder was the principle point of contact.

these frames are directly one after the other. no, it's not from his shooting. I analyze videos (even more difficult than this) all the fucking time for prosecution purposes.

Dopey is an undercover cop confirmed.

Top Bottom