• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL November 2016 |OT| #MakeOilersGreatAgain.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
Dopey, how did your forensic video analysis go:

nerds_zpskldteoxp.png~original

went quite well, thanks for asking

Holy christ that hit... Dopey what are you thinking saying that was okay?

Dirty hockey in Canada. The hockey is dirty. Sad!

That's some Raffi Torres level stuff right there.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Kadri is a repeat offender and does stupid things from time to time, they need to send him and guys like him that "play on the edge" a message. I'd give him 10 games.
:(

Do I want Nylander at C for another line so we can free Leivo, or do we toss Holland/Griffith in there and hope they can acclimatize?

sirronoh

Fun night of hockey.

Devils lost :(

Kings finally won in regulation :)

San Jose got demolished like it was still the Stanley Cup Finals '-_-

And Toronto and Vancouver combined for 161 PIM *_*

And for some reason there are some people arguing that the Kadri hit wasn't that bad.
It was.

Pikma

Banned
Fun night of hockey.

Devils lost :(

Kings finally won in regulation :)

San Jose got demolished like it was still the Stanley Cup Finals '-_-

And Toronto and Vancouver combined for 161 PIM *_*

And for some reason there are some people arguing that the Kadri hit wasn't that bad.
It was.
Whaaaat why would you represent the kings win with a ":)"

I'm confused, please tell me you are not an ex convict

Edit: wait 161 pim? What the fuck happened

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
Except every angle shows clear body contact

You guys are the trump-likes right down to the projecting.

Shows me how quickly people put aside logic to immediately devolve into puerile talking points.

sirronoh

Whaaaat why would you represent the kings win with a ":)"

I'm confused, please tell me you are not an ex convict

Edit: wait 161 pim? What the fuck happened

I have a love/hate relationship with the Kings. I want them to be successful because I like certain players (Kopi, Quick, Dewy, Toffoli, etc.) but at the same time, I don't really like their systems because their style of play is quickly becoming obsolete. To make matters worse, Dean Lombardi seems to prefer the big and hard-hitting players over the fast and high-skilled that the league is going.

To be clear though, even though the Devils are my local and favorite team, I love the sport of hockey itself above any one team so I'm not opposed to cheering on a non-Devils team. At the end of the day, I just want to see great hockey being played.

Montresor

Maybe the Leafs don't suck so much?

I didn't expect them to be in a playoff position after around 10 games.

Then again I should wait until American thanksgiving to get excited. That's supposed to be the point where historically, if you're in a playoff spot still by then, there's a very high chance it'll carry over throughout the year.

Montresor

Leaf fans, have the TV broadcasts been showing anthems this year? On CBC they showed a neat story about a young absolutely amazing-sounding anthem singer that's been doing all the Leaf home games (Martina Luis Ortiz). Never seen her sing and it's likely because I've just been missing the beginning of the games but I'm really curious to se if the networks have still been broadcasting anthems.

Montresor

no hearing/suspension for Kadri

welp

Maybe a reverse angle shows something more favourable towards Kadri?

But the angle we have seen makes it highly likely that Kadri hit Sedin in the head. Is NHL just going to ignore this or will they at least explain why Kadri is not getting a look? Surely if there is a reverse angle that exonerates Kadri they will show it to us....

GSG Flash

Nobody ruins my family vacation but me...and maybe the boy!
Apparently Marek Svatos has died. 34 years old. RIP

That's really sad, he died way too young :(

I'm hearing reports of overdose but it's all just rumours for now.

I remember he was one of the best rookies in his rookie season with the Avs. Also played a bit for the Sens.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
Maybe a reverse angle shows something more favourable towards Kadri?

But the angle we have seen makes it highly likely that Kadri hit Sedin in the head. Is NHL just going to ignore this or will they at least explain why Kadri is not getting a look? Surely if there is a reverse angle that exonerates Kadri they will show it to us....

Bask already got a hold of the other angle

omg you guys

AeKkiKS.png

LOOK AT THIS ANGLE

HE DIDN'T
EVEN
TOUCH
HIM

Rigged.

Montresor

Dopey redeemed

I don't think Dopey's rude arrogance is redeemed, not by a long shot. But I'm inclined to think NHL has a good reason to not suspend Kadri and so for that reason you can say Dopey is redeemed.

But NHL has to explain why. At least tell us their reasoning.

GSG Flash

Nobody ruins my family vacation but me...and maybe the boy!
I'm guessing that the NHL's reasoning will probably echo what Dopey said last night, that the principle point of contact was the shoulder, with the head being the secondary point of contact because of the follow through, similar to the Chris Neil hit on Drury 9 years ago.

Montresor

The story about Svatos passing away is really sad. At the same time I get really upset when a story surfaces and they don't explain the cause of death. For my own peace of mind, even if it's not rational, I need to know that he wasn't murdered and that there wasn't foul play...

Samyy

Dopey redeemed.

Of course in a rational NHL Kadri should still be suspended because those types of hits are too reckless and are more likely to cause injury.

Lou could get him out of retirement with just a few calls

I think the Leafs were the last team to have his rights, you could be correct on that one.

Explanation from player safety is that blindside hits aren't in and of themselves illegal as long as the main point of contact isn't the head.

Top Bottom