• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL November 2016 |OT| #MakeOilersGreatAgain.

Foggy

Foggy pls. Follow your argument to it's conclusion. If you think DoPS had the authority and mandate to suspend a player and they didn't, there are only two possible explanations: Either they screwed up, or the hit wasn't illegal. Couple that with the info that Kekalainen was trying to get that hit on the banned list, and well that should push your conclusion in one direction, and one direction only. It's not an illegal hit according to the NHL, and that's the real scandal here.

My argument, to its conclusion, is that they screwed up. There are in their rights to do it, but did not, presumably because the shoulder was contacted but I believe it's in error because the strongest point of impact was clearly the head and very sensibly falls umder the vague "primary point of contact" criteria. This isn't unprecedented either simce they've used that same logic to suspend players in the past. As for the JK quote, he's broadly speaking of blindside hits that expands well past this transgression. He's not speaking about this hit specifically and LeBrun is the only one making this connection.

Put succinctly, my logic follows what I saw, what the rules state, and how inconsistent the DoPS has been. But I've spent the whole day arguing the points and gotten nowhere so I'll let it lie.

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
Just couldn't get out of that period tied at 1, could we Detroit? What a garbage penalty against Green at the end there. Wings fucked it up. Gonna lose 3-1 now.

Pikma

Banned
How can the Avs play such a solid game against the Wild and then the next day get blown out by a team that can barely score goals

How can the Avs play such a solid game against the Wild and then the next day get blown out by a team that can barely score goals

It's simple. We hate Minnesota and will show up when fueled by hate. We don't really hate any other teams, but Dallas is terrible so we don't even have to show up for those to win.

Pikma

Banned
It's simple. We hate Minnesota and will show up when fueled by hate. We don't really hate any other teams, but Dallas is terrible so we don't even have to show up for those to win.
DaLLLLLas beat themselves

Edit: Wait, you're saying the Wild is less worse than the Stars? I'm not happy

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
Man, Howard plays out of his mind and they can't score a fucking goal for him. This is stupid. Wings score an average of 1.71 goals a game when Howard is in net. You're not gonna win any games unless he posts a shutout every game. What a waste of his hot streak.

Lose 2 in a row, win 6, lose 5. Embarrassing.

PillarEN

Oilers didn't give the Wings a single decent shot that period. don't know if it's because we can't move the puck well or if Edmonton simply positioned themselves well enough to keep all shots either blocked or non-dangerous.

Pikma

Banned
image.php
image.php
image.php
image.php
image.php
image.php
image.php
image.php
image.php
image.php