• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL November 2016 |OT| #MakeOilersGreatAgain.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
I remember being pissed at Plekanec for passing it back to him. He had the puck in the slot, prime shooting opportunity, I don't think he had anyone on him at first, and he decided to throw a weak backhander to the point. Only reason it worked was because Weber's shot is too OP from the point.
That entire play was impressive, the fact he got that much power on it with that accuracy with that little touch pass is nuts.

Pikma

Banned
There's no way I can describe how shit I feel this morning, fuck, my family barely slept, my mom is just destroyed

The only positive thing about this hell is that at least it will unite us even more

Red_Man

I remember Michael Moore saying that Trump would win like 6 months ago, and everybody including myself laughed at him.

The worst fucking crow to eat.

zroid

Banned
Apparently the lights suddenly went out in the Leafs practice facility, but Babcock had them keep doing drills in the dark :lol

Bag skate in the dark, haha.

eLsUxhe.jpg

When I woke up this morning and checked the news, I thought I was still dreaming. Couldn't believe it. As a visible minority I cannot fathom how strong the silent backlash was to go from Obama to Trump. That a populist message of open racism was not only accepted but supported by a majority of voters. I...just can't.

When I woke up this morning and checked the news, I thought I was still dreaming. Couldn't believe it. As a visible minority I cannot fathom how strong the silent backlash was to go from Obama to Trump. That a populist message of open racism was not only accepted but supported by a majority of voters. I...just can't.

Not the majority of voters, Clinton won the popular vote.

Red_Man

his numbers are comparable to Roy at the same number of total games too, if i'm not mistaken
It's insane what he's doing right now.

The craziest part is he did better with minorities and women than Romney did....I can't fathom being a part of one of those groups, looking at Trump and saying to yourself, "I want him to be my President"

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
wait, yesterday wasnt just a nightmare?

Oh. I see.

Unbefuckinglieveable.

If I were a Minority in the US I'd get the hell out. Institutionalized Racial/Religious Profiling is gonna be a fun thing.

Solo

his numbers are comparable to Roy at the same number of total games too, if i'm not mistaken

This is a little rough, as in Roy's first couple seasons certain stats weren't tracked, but as best as I could figure it, Roy's first 9 seasons vs Price's first 10 seasons (gave Price an extra due to his injuries and even still Roy has 30 more games played):

Roy:
- 485 GP
- 259 W (53.40% Winning %)
- 27 SO
- 10934 SA
- 1287 GA
- 0.908 SV%
- 2.77 GAA
- 2 Cups

Price:
- 455 GP
- 241 W (52.97% Winning %)
- 37 SO
- 13538 SA
- 1078 GA
- 0.920 SV%
- 2.35 GAA
- 0 Cups

Roy had 288 Wins total. Price will pass him next year in that stat.

Socreges

Banned
Shitty part is it feels like everything Black Lives Matter has done has been for naught.
BLM was necessary and well-intentioned. But unfortunately one of the most significant outcomes seems to have been the mobilization of downtrodden whites who have no sympathy for the plights of minorities.

Seriously, we've had enough of the Blackhawks.

Weren't we done with the Chicago Blackhawks? Weren't we all set? Wasn't last year the beginning of the end, like a television show that gave us six solid seasons we enjoyed and now it was time to move on to something new? Like, literally anything else besides this same team? Didn't we have an unspoken agreement that in exchange for giving Patrick Kane the Hart Trophy last year we could stop thinking about this team as a contender?

Look at how obliging the Los Angeles Kings have been this season. We dealt with their slow-ass, cycle-the-puck, bang-and-crash, win 2-1 bullshit since 2012. We politely nodded like Tom Hardy in Mad Max when some 50-year-old haircut on our TVs talked about Jonathan Quick as the best goaltender in the world. Honoring the social contract we signed when they stepped in shit in 2012 and won a bunch of Game 7s in 2014, they've politely died this season.

Why aren't the Blackhawks dead? Why haven't they popped a cyanide capsule and said "Hail Hydra" as the foam dribbled down their chins? Why are we still doing this? Is anyone happy about this recent turn of events that has them atop the West again?

The Blackhawks are a well built machine of a team, and they win. Deal with it.

Smiley90

I have my Nexus in-person interview Saturday. I'll have to restrain myself not to bring up politics....

Solo

TSN has a Lindros article up with his HOF induction looming. I didn't know before right now the Rangers were also heavy bidders on Lindros alongside Philly, and that Quebec preferred the Rangers deal and would have taken it if not for Philly's cash:

The Rangers' offer, as far as Smith can recall, was Tony Amonte, Alexei Kovalev, Doug Weight and John Vanbiesbrouck, plus two first-round picks and $12 million. The Flyers' deal consisted of Steve Duchesne, Kerry Huffman, Ron Hextall, Mike Ricci, Peter Forsberg and Chris Simon, plus two first-round picks and $15 million

Damn.

http://www.tsn.ca/my-life-is-good-1.604008

Socreges

Banned
it's for the best. he wasn't playing enough minutes
Yep. He's gone from junior to sheltered minutes and weak linemates on the Canucks. Will be good for him to at least get big minutes...with weak linemates on the Comets. Still time for him to turn things around, but we'll see.

Smiley90

What a shitty day so far.

Get ready for 4 years of this. Starting with a young ultra-conservative supreme court judge woooooo

woooooooooooo

NHL-GAF November: The Jews Did This

wait no that's a soccer thing

NHL-GAF November: America died for Canada's hockey sins

calder

We've broken a 93 year-old warm weather record in #WPG! It's 16.1°C now at the airport & 15.3°C at The Forks. Old record was 14.4°C in 1923.

These are the end times. Find a loved one and give 'em a hug.

For real the weather this fall has been unbelievably good. Creepy good.

Top Bottom