• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL November 2016 |OT| #MakeOilersGreatAgain.

condom-character-red-rose-funny-cartoon-his-hand-isolated-white-background-useful-also-as-original-greeting-card-36181201.jpg

condom-character-red-rose-funny-cartoon-his-hand-isolated-white-background-useful-also-as-original-greeting-card-36181201.jpg

Another win for used condom 😍😍😍

You are welcome Cake

Line_HTX

Justin Trudeau ‏@JustinTrudeau 41m41 minutes ago

I’ve just spoken with President-elect Trump – and we agreed to meet soon to keep building the Canada-US relationship.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Justin Trudeau ‏@JustinTrudeau 41m41 minutes ago

I’ve just spoken with President-elect Trump – and we agreed to meet soon to keep building the Canada-US relationship.
I don't understand the reactions for this.....what did people honestly expect to happen? Trudeau to come out and say "Trump is a fucking racist pig and I can't believe this happened"?

What's done is done, and now we have to deal with it for 4 years.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
HBO Canada has a BTS show with Subban coming out this weekend surrounding the trade and all that, pretty cool.

Marvie_3

Banned
Finally got a chance to watch the rest of the Hawks game. Panarin feeding Upshall a knuckle sandwich after taking half a dozen slashes and cross checks was so good.

Pay this fuckin kid already, Bowman.

Pikma

Banned
So apparently yesterday two racist fuckers confronted a muslim girl at a parking lot near my campus and stole her car

In fucking San Diego, an almost full blue city, can't imagine what places like Texas and Arizona are like...

Also, there was a march against Trump in downtown SD last night too

Foggy

At this point, people can say whatever they want about America. We deserve all of it.

On happier thoughts, Alexander Wennberg shares first place with McJesus on assists. Werenski shares 2nd place in points among defensemen. Happy thoughts.

Cake Boss

Banned
almost as big of an hyperbole as dopey's predictions

That's what habsfan1887 said back in 1934.

Hmmm let me see here

KKK parade rallies after his win
Attacks on minorities ramping up
KKK endorsed president
President that claims revenge on his opponents and the media that opposed him.

All the signs are there.

Whether he creates concentration camps for minorities remains to be seen.

Everyone on my timeline is trying to amend the Constitution with a change.org petition.

This is why the American Left is doomed.

I've seen links to Samantha Bee and John Oliver videos, protests in LA and NYC, and people talking about 'fighting for change' in their Democratic strongholds. Oh, and a lot of finger pointing at poor white people for apparently not being convinced by any of the above.

Its early still, but as of now the American left of centre has learned absolutely nothing from this defeat.

Cake Boss

Banned
Dude you cannot be serious. Just tell me you're trolling. I don't want to have to put you on my mental list of people that have no idea how to analyze history and develop an informed opinion.

That's okay guy. I have already put you in my list.

I already assumed I was on your list since I am brown.

Cake Boss

Banned
Ooof I hit a fucking nerve with you people.

Ok ok it ain't Germany... It's another country that's run by a racist facist piece of shit.

Where was this outrage when he was elected? Hmmmmmmmmmm.

yyzjohn

Banned

Ok ok it ain't Germany... It's another country that's run by a racist facist piece of shit.

Trudeau will give you big hugs just like he hugs panda bears.

Calamari41

41 > 38

I wasn't shocked and outraged when he was elected because I saw this shit coming exactly the way it did way back in February of this year, and any attempt at warning anybody was met with laughter and derision. Flip the Rust Belt with a populist message and see lowered African American turnout, and he wins. That happened, and he won. I'm not going to vomit blood when I was expecting the possibility for months and months and months.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
The most boggling thing of all is that @POTUS is going to become Donald Trump's official Twitter handle.

Annnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnyway, hockey is still a fucking thing, I guess.

Rangers are mixing it up in practice today, to nobody's surprise.

Buchnevich-Zibanejad-Zuccarello
Kreider-Stepan-Nash
Vesey-Hayes-Miller
Grabner-Pirri-Fast

McDonagh-Girardi
Staal-Skjei
Holden-Klein

Interesting little nugget from Friedman's latest 30 Thoughts:

11. One thing to watch as the Canucks pursue free agents? The 15 per cent tax levied on foreign buyers in the white hot Metro Vancouver housing market. I’m not sure if this is going to become an issue, but a couple of agents said they had some sticker shock when they ran some numbers.

Interesting wrinkle to think about, especially considering if the Liberal government are going to go all out on the foreign buyers tax on generally white Americans and Europeans, instead of the scapegoat of Chinese buyers. Though people could easily avoid this by buying in Point Roberts or the outlying areas close to the border, ala' Torts when he was in Vancouver.

Cake Boss

Banned
And yes I am scared shitless, I have it good here living in Canada, but I can't imagine what people of middle Eastern descent are going through that are living in America.

Loxley

Hey gang, so last week I made a post about getting into hockey after seeing a couple of Flyers games in-person while visiting a friend in Philly, but lamented not having a team to root for being in Wisconsin. After watching some games with various teams since then, I think I'm cool with picking the Blackhawks as my team, since they're just a stone's throw away from me in Chicago (I decided my rule of not being able to root for an Illinois sports team was kind of dumb). They seem like a really talented team that are exciting to watch. So now I'm in the process of educating myself about them as a team while at the same time learning the ins and outs of the sport in general.

I caught the tail-end of the game last night against St. Louis and found myself getting really excited with they scored that goal in overtime. Which I guess is a good sign as far as fandom goes XD

Also, arguments about cultural appropriation aside, their goalie masks are badass as shit:

zroid

Banned
And yes I am scared shitless, I have it good here living in Canada, but I can't imagine what people of middle Eastern descent are going through that are living in America.

I was saying last night on twitter, when I see all these stories of racist assholes being empowered yesterday to say whatever the fuck they want to people on the street, it's genuinely scary to me. Maybe it's irrational to feel this way, but it kind of makes me not want to visit America... a place I've been to many times throughout my life. I didn't even feel like this after 9/11 when there were similar outbursts. At least back then it wasn't like half a voting population mobilized to say racism is OK. They were just scared.

I worry about all my family in the States

I was saying last night on twitter, when I see all these stories of racist assholes being empowered yesterday to say whatever the fuck they want to people on the street, it's genuinely scary to me. Maybe it's irrational to feel this way, but it kind of makes me not want to visit America... a place I've been to many times throughout my life. I didn't even feel like this after 9/11 when there were similar outbursts. At least back then it wasn't like half a voting population mobilized to say racism is OK. They were just scared.

I worry about all my family in the States

I'd say it's completely rational to feel the way you do. Hell after Tuesday, I don't even want to visit the United States anymore and I'm a white, straight Italian. It's clear that it is not the country that I thought it was. Ultimately, America's negative elements completely outshine its good qualities for me now.

Shut the fuck up, Cherry. You represent a dark age.

Also, arguments about cultural appropriation aside, their goalie masks are badass as shit:

Don't have to worry about that too much with the Blackhawks, as their name is based on an army unit and not actual slang or anything derogatory, unlike the Redskins.

Anyone who's upset about the Blackhawks is just getting way too loaded on social justice soda.

Also welcome to the hockey family.

Top Bottom