• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL October 2013 |OT| Racism, Pokémon, and the Pursuit of Saltiness

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Why'd they waive Biron anyway.

He's been terrible and, more importantly, hadn't looked motivated at all. The sorts of goals he was giving up were some of the easiest and laziest possible, and he has also said that he has pretty much no confidence in his game or his ability to play at this level. Honestly pretty surprising, but it is what it is.

At last check I don't think he has decided whether he's going to report to Hartford or not. He's in Buffalo right now deciding whether he should go down to the minors or retire and take a cushy TV job in Canada.

EDIT: Also what Acid said.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Missiaen is really tall, I'm sure he'll be good.

It's more that I just don't understand what the deal is with yo-yoing Talbot up and down. It's not like he did anything to warrant being demoted. I'm going to assume the only reason they sent him down is that they feel like we don't need a real backup against a Devils team that hasn't won a game and the fact that we don't play a game again after that until a full week from now. So maybe it's just so he can go down and play some games to stay sharp? Still seems silly. They knew what the schedule was, so if that's the reasoning then why even bring him up instead of Missiaen in the first place?

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
RT @strombone1: Tim Thomas plays for the Florida Panthers. #FLAT #TIRES #LOL

I'm not sure what I'd enjoy more yet, Boston getting stonewalled by Thomas today or them absolutely blowing him out. Leaning towards the latter. :p

Man I hope the Avs destroy the Wings tonight. Really need to take my mind off things.

Today's game:

Avs fans: AH YEAH, THE RIVALRY IS BACK, WE ARE THE ALL NEW DESTROYERS OF THE WORLD, WE WILL FINALLY CRUSH YOU, ROY WILL LEAD US TO THE PROMISE LAND, WE WILL HAVE REVENGE FOR GAME 7 IN 2002!!!

Wings fans: Great, a 9pm game and Cleary is still in the lineup.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
Could barely hear Mark Masters on Sportscentre because of the stupid ass music they were playing at the arena lol.

Today's game:

Avs fans: AH YEAH, THE RIVALRY IS BACK, WE ARE THE ALL NEW DESTROYERS OF THE WORLD, WE WILL FINALLY CRUSH YOU, ROY WILL LEAD US TO THE PROMISE LAND, WE WILL HAVE REVENGE FOR GAME 7 IN 2002!!!

Wings fans: Great, a 9pm game and Cleary is still in the lineup.

I don't really give a fuck about the wings one way or another. I just want a solid win. The stirring of the old rivalry is purely an effort by the media and the franchise to whip up ticket sales and article clicks. Avs don't really have a rival these days, only ones who truly think that are general sports fans around here that cheer for the local team who is doing the best. (Hunter S. Thompson is a good example, no offense bro)

As far as what I said, some serious shit is going down in my life right now and a glorious Avs victory is one of the few things that can distract me.

I don't really give a fuck about the wings one way or another. I just want a solid win. The stirring of the old rivalry is purely an effort by the media and the franchise to whip up ticket sales and article clicks. Avs don't really have a rival these days, only ones who truly think that are general sports fans around here that cheer for the local team who is doing the best. (Hunter S. Thompson is a good example, no offense bro)

As far as what I said, some serious shit is going down in my life right now and a glorious Avs victory is one of the few things that can distract me.

I see, but I still want to see the Wings win and put up a good game. :p

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Don't really know what to expect from the Jackets, how have they looked this year? I don't even remember the last time the Habs played them.

Red_Man

Dredger: if offered Yakupov, he doesn't think the Leafs would give up Reimer. Too much doubt over the former #1 pick so far.
Lolwut. You won't get a better offer for Reimer, unless they don't want to give into the rest of the offer. What a joke.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Lolwut. You won't get a better offer for Reimer, unless they don't want to give into the rest of the offer. What a joke.

More importantly, they had to give up less to get Bernier.

Scrivens
Frattin
Reimer
2nd

For

Bernier
Yakupov

? I'd do that any day of the year.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member

1st, it's ludicrous they'd do a straight up for that.

2nd, if it was something like Reimer, Gardiner?, and a 1st or 2nd. I still wouldn't do it because I'm still iffy about his commitment and maturity.

I don't think Yakupov would be in the line up right away, AND he's not really a typical Carlyle type player. If it was RNH or Eberle on the other hand...

Harry Neale doesn't do Buffalo games anymore?

Dude looks OLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLD!

I would ride the Reimer/Bernier duo as long as possible. They have some offensive threat so right now I could see why they wouldn't want to do the trade. As Carlyle said earlier, you wont win games without NHL goaltending and if you have two goalies who can give you NHL goaltending, I think that's a bit more important right now.

Also that friendzone thread. wat.

Quick

Banned
Leafs lines tonight:

Raymond - Bozak - Kessel
Broll - Kadri - Lupul
McClement - Bolland - Leivo
Ashton - Smith - Orr

Gunnarsson - Phaneuf
Rielly - Frason
Ranger - Gardiner

Red_Man

I would ride the Reimer/Bernier duo as long as possible. They have some offensive threat so right now I could see why they wouldn't want to do the trade. As Carlyle said earlier, you wont win games without NHL goaltending and if you have two goalies who can give you NHL goaltending, I think that's a bit more important right now.
You wouldn't give up an average goalie for a #1 overall offensive threat player because you want to keep a decent goalie duo? Seriously? If anyone turned down Reimer for Yakupov straight up.....I don't know what to say.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Raymond on the first line

No JVR

Leaf killers in Staal and Ward

:(

HOLD ME, KAVEY!

You wouldn't give up an average goalie for a #1 overall offensive threat player because you want to keep a decent goalie duo? Seriously? If anyone turned down Reimer for Yakupov straight up.....I don't know what to say.

If it was 'straight up' or even straight up with a spare part and a draft pick sure, but I think Gardiner would be part of it, and I simply wouldn't do it.

TUSR

Banned
im thirsty for some kardashian

im-so-deep-in-the-friendzone.jpg

Top Bottom