• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL October 2013 |OT| Racism, Pokémon, and the Pursuit of Saltiness

Acid08

Banned
Acid, what makes you think Boyle will be out for so long?
The org isn't going to rush him back and even minor concussions can take three to six weeks to fully disappear. Of course we have no idea if he has broken bones or anything because the org never says shit regarding injuries unless it's something that requires surgery.

Caution is the better option anyway. He could be completely symptom free of a concussion for a week+ and then have it creep up. Landy went through the same shit last season and I'm much happier they just kept him out.

This NHL has shown the end of the season can end much differently then it starts. Just look at the Sharks, or Canucks last year. I think the philosophy seems fast, fun now that Downie, O'rielly, Tangs, and Nathan Mac are all in the line up. A lot depends on Varly staying epic. I believe!

A lot depends on us reducing shots and legitimate scoring chances so that Varlamov isn't counted on to make ridiculous save sequences every single night. Every single skater needs to tighten shit up, because all it's going to take to strip confidence away from this group is even half of the scoring chances we give up in a game to start going in. It's absurd to think Varlamov can and should keep this pace all season. Something has to change or we will be flaunting more top picks before you know it. One average game for Varlamov with the shots we give up = disaster on the scoreboard.

All that said, I do believe the group can make the necessary changes. I just don't know whether or not they can do it in a timely manner.

keezy

Picked up some winnings yesterday.
$283.85

$100 Parlay Ticket TOR -150 MLB PIT -250 MLB CHI -155 MLB
I was sweating during that shootout....

With that ticket and then the news about Darren Helm I'd say it's a great week for hockey.

4th line getting Paajarvi and Cracknell in with Lap's impending suspension. Cracken deserves some ice time seeing as the 4th wasn't a line that needed work last year anyway. Hopefully he can bench Lap most of the rest of the year.

"We knew something was up when Boyle started skating around with his helmet on backwards and was yelling PASS THE BALL everywhere"

I shouldn't laugh at this...

Cake Boss

Banned
thumb.php

this team takes weird pictures.

E4NrO.gif

Today we wait for the Zibby call up.

this team takes weird pictures.
Today we wait for the Zibby call up.

That's just another sign of how the team marketing sucks, can't even get a good photographer. Have you see any billboards of Ryan around town? I still remember seeing buses with Butler on them a year ago.

How is Z doing in Bingo anyway? I think they'll wait a few more games and see where Pageau and SDC are.

Samyy

Tonight feels like a trap game to me.

The Staal's always come out to play against Toronto.

Reimer is 4-1-1 against the Canes with a .927 and 2.15 GAA!

I believe! Also first time I'm able to watch a whole game in a while so you can blame me if we lose.

Cake Boss

Banned
FUCK, I guess they arent calling Zibby up yet. Hes at practise with Bingo right now.

Hoffman-Zibanejad-Petersson

This bingo top line is better than our NHL 3rd-4th line.

This dumb shit organization, our 4th leading scorer stud 20 year forward isnt at the home opener, even as a scratch.

This dumb shit organization, our 4th leading scorer stud 20 year forward isnt at the home opener, even as a scratch.

LOL CB relax, I trust Murray, Randy Lee and co. know what they're doing. Look at what sending Lehner down and getting Bishop accomplished with #40.

He'll be up with the team at some point, I suspect we'll see a trade.

Cake Boss

Banned
LOL CB relax, I trust Murray, Randy Lee and co. know what they're doing. Look at what sending Lehner down and getting Bishop accomplished with #40.

He'll be up with the team at some point, I suspect we'll see a trade.

I dont think they do, otherwise we wont be averaging 50 shots against a game, and winning 30% of faceoffs. And not being prepared to play the 1st periods of the games.

I know he'll be back. Fuck that, you dont send kid that helped you reach the playoffs and holding down that 2nd line as a 19 year old just because 2 AHLers decided to have 1 decent week. We and Zibby didnt hear anything from managment about him having a bad camp until they made the descion. Melnyk the cheapskate fuck was already paying for Obrien NHL salary to play in Bingo and didnt want to carry 23 players, thats the end of that. That he had a bad camp was bullshit. If Murray was operating under Leafs payroll Zibby would be here.

I dont think they do, otherwise we wont be averaging 50 shots against a game, and winning 30% of faceoffs. And not being prepared to play the 1st periods of the games.

I know he'll be back. Fuck that, you dont send kid that helped you reach the playoffs and holding down that 2nd line as a 19 year old just because 2 AHLers decided to have 1 decent week..

This start reminds me of how the team started in MacLean's first season as coach, we got outshot and outscored badly. They had some practices and team meetings to get everyone on the same page and the rest is history so to speak. I think it'll be fine, they're way better than they've been so far. Tough start on the road and they need to get it together.

As for Zib, I still think they sent him down to light a fire under his ass. Whatever he did in training camp they think he can do better and they don't want him to act all entitled, probably an attitude thing.

Var

This probably the least excited I have been for Pens/Flyers game in a loooong time. It is going to be ugly...

LevelNth

Banned
Reimer is 4-1-1 against the Canes with a .927 and 2.15 GAA!

I believe! Also first time I'm able to watch a whole game in a while so you can blame me if we lose.
I want Optimus in net tonight for sure, but he needs to lock down those rebounds out into the slot or he's not going to get Saturday.

35+ shots I don't have a problem with, he can handle that. But those types of rebounds will kill.

EDIT: Go here. 2:15 and 3:40 are great examples of unnecessary rebounds right out in front. 3:15 is a good look at the difference between him and Bernier. Can't hold the puck, scary moment.

I know he'll be back. Fuck that, you dont send kid that helped you reach the playoffs and holding down that 2nd line as a 19 year old just because 2 AHLers decided to have 1 decent week. We and Zibby didnt hear anything from managment about him having a bad camp until they made the descion. Melnyk the cheapskate fuck was already paying for Obrien NHL salary to play in Bingo and didnt want to carry 23 players, thats the end of that. That he had a bad camp was bullshit. If Murray was operating under Leafs payroll Zibby would be here.

It`s the fucking Devils.

We`ll be fine without him for now.

Samyy

I want Optimus in net tonight for sure, but he needs to lock down those rebounds out into the slot or he's not going to get Saturday.

35+ shots I don't have a problem with, he can handle that. But those types of rebounds will kill.

EDIT: Go here. 2:15 and 3:40 are great examples of unnecessary rebounds right out in front. 3:15 is a good look at the difference between him and Bernier. Can't hold the puck, scary moment.

Well as long as he stays in front of it its okay for now...
Im sure hes hearing this from the coaches though, hopefully hey can put it together. He'd be legit scary if he could do that.

JvR has back spasms, still day-to-day.

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
Still no word on the extent of Patches injury and Bourque has the flu so he may be out tonight as well.

edit: if Bouque can't play, Beaulieu is in as the 7th D playing forward.

Merguson

Banned
Wouldn't be surprised to see the Oilers make a bold move but I don't think it is at the expense of Yakupov.

Nick Kypreos @RealKyper
Note with trade talk, #Sabres Ryan Miller does have a limited no trade clause and #Oilers are one of the teams on his no trade list.

I'm sure that list can easily change but there you go.

gaming_noob

RNH for an average goalie who gives out rebounds like candy? :lol

I've never seen a goalie like Reimer who stops puck and has no idea where the puck is most of the time.

Some of his rebounds reach as far as the neutral zone, so that'll help their atrocious D clear the pucks.

:lol @ the Montressor ban, so careless!
And SuperSonic banned too? Leafs-age getting trimmed down :(

I'm going to guess it's because of the Driveclub thread.

Samyy

Some of his rebounds reach as far as the neutral zone, so that'll help their atrocious D clear the pucks.

I'm going to guess it's because of the Driveclub thread.

Nahh, it was totally unnecessary comment in the dedicated server thread for the Xbox One.
You can check it out, drive by comment. Don't know why he thought that was a good idea.
Hopefully their bans aren't too long.

Top Bottom