• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL October 2013 |OT| Racism, Pokémon, and the Pursuit of Saltiness

Sanjuro

Super salty. Sharks actually played really well despite having so many injuries.

More in disbelief at how much Chara got away with that game. Un-fucking-believable.

That picture you posted is a very bad example. Why is he between the glass if he isn't trying to bait?

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
.... oh god that was pathetic. This is why you don't play the Sedins in Shootouts :lol

:rofl Luongo :rofl

Acid08

Banned
Unless in that graphic you can show me Chara picking up the defender, moving him to the boards, and placing him high up there...bahahhaha
I don't think you understand why it's a bad hit.

Love the Bruins fans swarming in to talk shit when the game is over :lol

Sanjuro

I don't think you understand why it's a bad hit.

I do understand. You're not going to get that call while actively trying to bait Chara. He shouldn't be pressed up against the glass! Even if he is anticipating something, that's absurd placement.

I watched from the second period on. San Jose was desperate.

Acid08

Banned
I do understand. You're not going to get that call while actively trying to bait Chara. He shouldn't be pressed up against the glass! Even if he is anticipating something, that's absurd placement.

I watched from the second period on. San Jose was desperate.

Trolling or genuinely stupid? What do you guys think?

Sanjuro

Trolling or genuinely stupid? What do you guys think?

I'm not trolling. Interference is often called in anticipation or generally away from the actual puck. They aren't going to give calls all the time to idiots trying to bait against the boards.

Come on, son.

manfestival

well at least we tied. now time to put the final nail in the coffin but this is way more exciting than that trainwreck i cant stop watching

Acid08

Banned
I'm not trolling. Interference is often called in anticipation or generally away from the actual puck. They aren't going to give calls all the time to idiots trying to bait against the boards.

Come on, son.

So, once again, you really don't know why it was a bad hit?

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Just checking in during work to see Canucks actually win a shootout.

Lemme guess, Santorelli was the hero.

My vote goes to Luongo's luck (aka "the post")

but yes, Santorelli is now instantly our best shootout-chance. He's 12/23 in his career, which is like... MILES better than anyone else on our team.

Acid08

Banned
Well instead of dancing around your actual point, you get to it. For fucksake.

You showed me a video. It doesn't show a blindside hit, overall a general size mismatch. Hit him in the upper body/head region. That's no good.
If Chara cares about playing the puck at all, that hit isn't made. It's his responsibility to not go for another players head, but he does. Should have been a penalty. Same with the cross check to Hertl.

Sanjuro

If Chara cares about playing the puck at all, that hit isn't made. It's his responsibility to not go for another players head, but he does. Should have been a penalty. Same with the cross check to Hertl.

You finish the check...that's what these players are taught at a very early age. He finishes it while the opponent is making a move and it looks far worse. He should have braced for the hit. Again, it's a size mismatch. Chara looks at least a foot taller.

Top Bottom