• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL October 2013 |OT| Racism, Pokémon, and the Pursuit of Saltiness

Acid08

Banned
Wingels is a game time decision for today(guessing he won't be playing) and Boyle is skating but not playing.

Our beat guy made it sound like Sheppard is going to be the 3C tonight and that Pavs will move up with Hertl and Jumbo.

Marleau-Couture-Kennedy
Hertl-Jumbo-Pavelski(or Hamilton)
Nieto-Sheppard(or Pavs)-Wingels(or Hamilton)
McCarthy(or Sheppard)-Desjardins-Brown

Not into it. Haven't had this many key injuries since 08-09.

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
Go Stamps! Sure I'll see lots of rider jerseys around, especially at the malls, they all come to do their shopping while taking in some civilization on their trip to Alberta. ;)

I actually really like Saskatoon, Regina not so much and I am kidding. ;)

Its really sad at the pathetic support in TO. The western teams are the bread and butter of the CFL, Although with Ottawa coming back with a new stadium and Hamilton building a new stadium it may help.

Yep, West is Best. TO is a wanna be city ;)

Most of the Rider fans you see actually live in Calgary, :lol
Anyways, off to the Unicorn for some pre-game drinks soon.

zedge

Yep, West is Best. TO is a wanna be city ;)

Most of the Rider fans you see actually live in Calgary, :lol
Anyways, off to the Unicorn for some pre-game drinks soon.

lol yea, but the amount of SASK plates at the malls etc is much higher when the Riders are in town. :D

Have fun! Haven't been to the Unicorn in a while, love that place.

P.S.

How did you end up a Canadiens fan anyway?

PPG, NHL:

1. Crosby 1.80
2. Steen 1.63
3. Stamkos 1.56
4. Ovechkin 1.50
5. Nielsen 1.40
6. St. Louis 1.33
7. H.Sedin 1.23
8. Benn 1.22
9. Six tied with 1.20 (Duchene, Marleau, Pavelski, Hudler, Tavares, Backstrom)

STEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEN. HNNNNNNNNNNNG.

ibbqgfpdvxeRub.gif

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
lol yea, but the amount of SASK plates at the malls etc is much higher when the Riders are in town. :D

Have fun! Haven't been to the Unicorn in a while, love that place.

P.S.

How did you end up a Canadiens fan anyway?

My oldest brother and cousins indoctrinated me when I was around 4, lol

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Heh, fair enough on your enjoyment of the bigger field and ball. I'm glad it's at least got some differences to stand apart. And Toronto would drop the Argos at the drop of a hat if there was ANY rumblings of an NFL team coming here, but I definitely think they should be playing at somewhere other than the Rogers Centre.

lol no.

Although the NFL will never come up here even if it did they would do everything possible to make sure the Argos are able to stay around. But definitely agree with you they need a smaller venue...but where is the question, not much space left.

Argos have a strong following, but when you have them in a place as big as the Skydome it's pretty hard to fill that up.

Plus factor in since the 90s they've had to compete with a Blue Jays team that won back to back World Series, a new NBA franchise, a Leafs team that people started to love again after Ballard died and I think you can understand why it's not as high on the totem pole.

ShaneB

lol no.

Although the NFL will never come up here even if it did they would do everything possible to make sure the Argos are able to stay around. But definitely agree with you they need a smaller venue...but where is the question, not much space left.

Argos have a strong following, but when you have them in a place as big as the Skydome it's pretty hard to fill that up.

Plus factor in since the 90s they've had to compete with a Blue Jays team that won back to back World Series, a new NBA franchise, a Leafs team that people started to love again after Ballard died and I think you can understand why it's not as high on the totem pole.

Yeah, my statement is mostly made in jest, because I don't see the NFL ever coming to Toronto, so it was all a moot point anyway. And yes, in a sports city like Toronto, of course the Argos will be on the lowest totem pole.

Stasis

Don't think you have anything to worry about.

I dunno man. I played an NHL13 game with accurate lines on superstar and we won 6-1. It's normally a lot closer when I play on that setting. Maybe it's an omen. Goals by Miller (2), Del Zotto, Fast, Pouliot, and Zuccarello. Srsly.

Nah, we're gonna lose, though I actually think it may be better with Talbot in net... that's how silly this season has been for me. Is Missaien the back-up still? I feel like it'll either be a 3-2 type deal where we score the first 2 and then just sit back and die, or we'll be slaughtered SJ/Ana style.

Cake Boss

Banned
The Ryan trade is jinxed for the Docks.

Noesen is out for the whole year and now Silfver is out for 4-6 weeks.

Plus the 1st rounder is going to be the 30th overall pick :p

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
No idea what to expect from the Sharks game tonight. This team actually shows up against good teams, but is also missing so many players. Probably going to have to record it.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
I dunno man. I played an NHL13 game with accurate lines on superstar and we won 6-1. It's normally a lot closer when I play on that setting. Maybe it's an omen. Goals by Miller (2), Del Zotto, Fast, Pouliot, and Zuccarello. Srsly.

Nah, we're gonna lose, though I actually think it may be better with Talbot in net... that's how silly this season has been for me. Is Missaien the back-up still? I feel like it'll either be a 3-2 type deal where we score the first 2 and then just sit back and die, or we'll be slaughtered SJ/Ana style.

Missaien is the backup still, yeah. Hank says he's aiming for Monday and that he wants to make absolutely sure he's on the ice for the home opener.

It sounds like these are the lines tonight:

Kreider-Stepan-Richards
Pouliot-Brassard-Miller
Zuccarello-D.Moore-Fast
Pyatt-Boyle-Dorsett

McDonagh-Girardi
Staal-Stralman
J.Moore-Del Zotto

Talbot
Missaien

Honestly, those 4 lines make the most sense of any we've seen thus far this season.

AV also called out Step and Brass by name in the media today saying they need to produce tonight. The Rangers have had goals scored by only 3 forwards so far this season: Brad Richards (who is playing his ass off and having his efforts totally wasted), Ryan Callahan (who is out of the lineup), and Derek fucking Dorsett. Seriously.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
I'm starting to get jealous that so many people are getting shiny pokemon.

I have been playing since Pokemon Blue and not once have I EVER seen a shiny pokemon other then red gyarados which everyone sees. :(

Acid08

Banned
No idea what to expect from the Sharks game tonight. This team actually shows up against good teams, but is also missing so many players. Probably going to have to record it.

We're missing Boyle, Burns, Havlat, Torres, Burish, and probably Wingels. Two rookies are playing with Thornton. It'll take a Nemo shutout for us to win.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
We're missing Boyle, Burns, Havlat, Torres, Burish, and probably Wingels. Two rookies are playing with Thornton. It'll take a Nemo shutout for us to win.
Oh really? Didn't realize the Sharks had so many injuries themselves, good news for the Habs. If the competitive Habs show up then it should be a good game.

Samyy

I'm starting to get jealous that so many people are getting shiny pokemon.

I have been playing since Pokemon Blue and not once have I EVER seen a shiny pokemon other then red gyarados which everyone sees. :(

Don't worry man, I haven't seen a single one either.

Stasis

AV also called out Step and Brass by name in the media today saying they need to produce tonight. The Rangers have had goals scored by only 3 forwards so far this season: Brad Richards (who is playing his ass off and having his efforts totally wasted), Ryan Callahan (who is out of the lineup), and Derek fucking Dorsett. Seriously.

I agree about the lines. That's about the best we can get with what's available right now. I didn't realize only 3 forwards had scored. That's just amazing. Can you imagine dropping this, and then Montreal for the home opener (which is pretty much a guaranteed disgusting loss), and then another tough loss to the Islanders? 2-10 to start the season, maybe with a total of something like 15 GF and 40+ GA. I can see it. I really can.

You know, it's kind of a relief that it's this bad in a way. If it were only medium bad, like we managed to score occasionally but lost by 1-2 goals, then we'd all just sit around hoping for it to just shift back to positive on it's own but we'd still barely make the playoffs and lose early. With things being so comically horrible it's going to force management to make some tough choices. I think we'd be a better team for it. Hopefully they make the right choices though! I hate the tank mentality, but I agree with some of our more informed posters on HFB... bottoming out would not be a terrible thing going forward. I didn't think the team would be amazing at all this year, I was expecting maybe a 4-8 placement with a round or two in the playoffs. I certainly wasn't expecting this start though. It's hard to imagine it will suddenly and dramatically turn around. This is going to be a long and strange season! And I intend to follow all of it. No rage-quits.

Catching the Jets on the ass end of a back-to-back after the Canes?

I approve of this scheduling. Then we get Montreal on a back to back. All home games.

edit: Actually, looking at the rest of the early November games we're getting a LOT of these. Kinda feels dirty this early in the season.

Top Bottom