• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL October 2013 |OT| Racism, Pokémon, and the Pursuit of Saltiness

Samyy

Definitely. However, this is the move of a contending team. Are the Isles a contender? No.

How much will they benefit from another 1st round pick? Especially when its probably going to be above 15 in a weak draft.

Vanek is elite and he'll be playing alongside one of the best centres in the game.

toro5741

Isle GAF< what say you? Vanek is yours.

I admire Garth Snow's testicular fortitude in making this move, wish Moulson the best and hope they can now go out and get another serviceable defenseman plus maybe with a back-up goalie that doesn't play like a deer caught in the headlights.

How much will they benefit from another 1st round pick? Especially when its probably going to be above 15 in a weak draft.

Vanek is elite and he'll be playing alongside one of the best centres in the game.

And if he leaves (which is probably more likey to happen than not) they'll be left holding their dick in their hands. Vanek + Tavares will be great, but they still have D and Goal problems. Vanek needs to stay healthy, too.

Quick

Banned
This further confirms I want the Sabres to adopt a 2 GM approach.

One GM to sign players. Darcy to trade them away if necessary.

There's also the Avalanche model: Sakic and Roy do the actual work, Sherman sits there and signs anything they need signed.

This is what I assume is the system there.

Samyy

And if he leaves (which is probably more likey to happen than not) they'll be left holding their dick in their hands. Vanek + Tavares will be great, but they still have D and Goal problems. Vanek needs to stay healthy, too.

Eh it depends, I don't know if its a guarantee that he leaves, especially if they can make a push and Vanek clicks with JT.

zedge

Ok, the alternates look ok from the back. Perhaps they can wear them backwards or something.

ND8_1673_1024_slide.jpg

Shoulder crest is better than the stupid flags though.

BF2381BC-49C0-4817-854B-68C52C4C636C-218-000000E7D93D3337_zps9f02bdfa.jpg

I dunno..

07F69C27-93D0-45C9-8F27-185E5ECF4F86-218-000000E7D3FF4A47_zps7bb8ad84.jpg

Quick

Banned
Ok, the alternates look ok from the back. Perhaps they can wear them backwards or something.

ND8_1673_1024_slide.jpg

I don't like the typeface on those nameplates and numbers. I do like that they're not italicized, though.

Acid08

Banned
Yikes.

Dubi doesn't really ever make contact with his head though, or if he does it's very slight. It's that he hits Koivu's stick which bashes into his own face. Still brutal, but a really weird hit.

I don't know how you handle that in terms of supplemental discipline.
Dude, what? Even if the stick was between, Dubinsky's shoulder goes right into his face.

Erdrick

The Jets played like absolute garbage and had no right to be even in the game as much as they were. No abilities to create any type of play other than "Let's dump and chase the puck in again!" The special teams are a complete joke (PK is less so, honestly) and the lack of communication or sense of actual team on this squad has shown yet again. Always were reacting and never acting. Some of the worst play in our own end yet this year tonight.

It was a fluke that we even got two goals to begin with.

I'm used to failure and disappointment (Being a Jets fan and all) and I guess the one good thing I could take from this is that I did not spend money to be at this game, unlike last Sunday when Nashville pretty much just had their way with us.

I've said it before in this thread, Noel will be fired before Christmas. And they can take the useless Powerplay coaching staff with him too. Unless of course, the team suddenly does a 180 and turns things around but that's about as likely as us making the playoffs at this rate.

Right now, all we have are a bunch of guys who skate on the ice. Not a team.

At least Montoya looked good. Can't say we're overpaying him unlike a lot of other players at the moment.

RC

Banned

ND8_1673_1024_slide.jpg

I dunno..

07F69C27-93D0-45C9-8F27-185E5ECF4F86-218-000000E7D3FF4A47_zps7bb8ad84.jpg

At least its better than the flaming horse.

Although the Flames should take a page out of Edmonton's book and just rock the retro jersey's full time.

RC

Banned
Yeah. Just a third jersey. Even though I'm an Oiler fan, I think the flames jersey is one of the best in the League. I love the Canadian and Albertan flags on the shoulders.

That's what I hate about it. (Along with the vertical stripes) They're unnecessary, and the blue of the Albertan flag clashes with the rest of the jersey.

People expect to get traded in the off-season. Nobody expects to be traded 1 month into the hockey season. Rumors were that he asked to be traded 2 years ago, and from what I understand he also had no interest in signing an extension in the off-season.

Moulson asked to be traded 2 years ago? That's news to me and every single one of my Islander fan friends. Everything I've heard, read or seen has been the exact opposite. What's the source of these "rumors"?

Why would he want to be traded? He's probably shitting his pants right now. 196 of Moulson's 223 points with the Isles came with Tavares on the ice. Moulson was an AHL lifer before he signed with the Isles and Tavares made him into a multiple 30 goal scorer. He'd want to get away from that?

Moulson asked to be traded 2 years ago? That's news to me and every single one of my Islander fan friends. Everything I've heard, read or seen has been the exact opposite. What's the source of these "rumors"?

Why would he want to be traded? He's probably shitting his pants right now. 196 of Moulson's 223 points with the Isles came with Tavares on the ice. Moulson was an AHL lifer before he signed with the Isles and Tavares made him into a multiple 30 goal scorer. He'd want to get away from that?

I don't remember where I read it, but I don't read garbage like eklund or anything. From what I remember, he wanted to be traded before the lockout. No idea why.

I dunno why he would want to not play with Tavares. It looks like he has proven that he can hang with good players. Perhaps he wants to sign on a team that wants to seriously contend for the cup? The isles just aren't there. Again, plus he didn't want to sign an extension in the off-season and likely wants to see free agency. Snow never wins in the free agent market.

I don't remember where I read it, but I don't read garbage like eklund or anything. From what I remember, he wanted to be traded before the lockout. No idea why.

I dunno why he would want to not play with Tavares. It looks like he has proven that he can hang with good players. Perhaps he wants to sign on a team that wants to seriously contend for the cup? The isles just aren't there. Again, plus he didn't want to sign an extension in the off-season and likely wants to see free agency. Snow never wins in the free agent market.

He's proven he can hang with Tavares - that's it. Moulson trade/not re-sign was 100% an Isles decision and had nothing to do with him. He didn't want to leave.

He's proven he can hang with Tavares - that's it. Moulson trade/not re-sign was 100% an Isles decision and had nothing to do with him. He didn't want to leave.

Sure, it is an Isles decision. It always is. If he didn't want to leave, him and his agent would have asked for and worked on an extension.

Why would the Isles NOT WANT someone who has been scoring 30 goals for them every year?

That doesn't make sense. It appears clear to me that he didn't want to be there and was planning on hitting the FA market. Plus, the timing makes no sense. This has to have been a request on his part, it appears.

No GM does this. So, there you go.

Top Bottom