• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL October 2013 |OT| Racism, Pokémon, and the Pursuit of Saltiness

Hunter S.

What's up with Colorado goaltenders and domestic violence?

Roy pushed a door down after being drunk and did not hit his wife according to what she said. He at least played the whole time while the charges were going on before they were dropped.

Anyways, something tells me the charges will mostly be dropped and he will probably pay the woman off to avoid ending his career and good life.

Well if Varly's camp is claiming innocence then this may be a lengthy situation and now I don't know what to believe. I'd like to see the evidence of abuse obviously, shouldn't be hard to get if it's as severe a situation as her lawyer claimed.

Well if Varly's camp is claiming innocence then this may be a lengthy situation and now I don't know what to believe. I'd like to see the evidence of abuse obviously, shouldn't be hard to get if it's as severe a situation as her lawyer claimed.

No one should make any judgments of either party until everything is out there, of course that's not stopping people from calling the alleged victim a gold digger or Varlamov scum.

Parch

Depends on the jurisdiction, but 3rd degree assault is usually just a midemeanor. It might just be a restraining order or maybe community service. I would think a domestic dispute situation usually doesn't result in a kidnapping charge, so who knows if that goes anywhere.

I think there's a greater chance that Varlamov misses minimal time. It's a domestic dispute. They're not going to lock him up and throw away the key.

Hunter S.

No one should make any judgments of either party until everything is out there, of course that's not stopping people from calling the alleged victim a gold digger or Varlamov scum.
Just because someone is paid off does not mean the are a gold digger. Often times the criminal and his lawyers push for it, and it just happens when someone has money. A lot of early speculation.

Sanjuro

Reading ALL those posts from last night's Bruins/Pens game. I missed a truly special event on NBC's Outdoor Life Network. RIVALRY NIGHT OF ALL GAMES TO MISS!

iFzpC6U.jpg

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
Habs have signed Emelin for 4 years. Hope his knee will be ok.

4 years, 16.4 million.

I probably would have waited to see how his knee holds up in game situations before signing him to that much, but if he regains his previous play, it will be a good contract.

Parch

Those clowns on Hockeycentral at Noon are dressed up as Duck Dynasty. It just adds an extra level of stupidity to Kipper and the other idiots.

What the hell is a Duck Dynasty?

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
Seems weird to extend him after that injury without seeing him play, but we'll wait and see....

4 years, 16.4 million.

I probably would have waited to see how his knee holds up in game situations before signing him to that much, but if he regains his previous play, it will be a good contract.

Yeah. Could be disastrous if his knee doesn't hold up. They must be confident though.

Prust and Briere are going on the trip so hopefully they are close as well.

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
So with Emelin signed that leaves Subban (obvious unless you are Smiley or Therrien), Markov, Diaz and Boullion.

Boullion, they should definitely drop. Markov depending on price, he may ask for too much. I think Beaulieu could replace Diaz.

This dude is saying Varly's accuser posted stuff to facebook russian facebook? and then deleted it:
https://twitter.com/SlavaMalamud

"To give a man a last chance is to sign your own sentence for a repeated (assault)" - Vavrinyuk's (Varlamov's accuser), now-deleted post
"If man hits you, he'll do it again. No pleas, vows must change your mind. Leave such men, don't pity them" - Vavrinyuk's now-deleted post

:(

So she said he kicked her in the chest and then continued to stomp on her chest while she was on the ground, but has no bruising. This is according to the police report. Or so says someone on the HF boards.

So she said he kicked her in the chest and then continued to stomp on her chest while she was on the ground, but has no bruising. This is according to the police report. Or so says someone on the HF boards.

It's whatever right now, cause I was reading police reported bruising on an arm and a hip. Then I was reading that they had an argument and he threw her shit out the front door and that was it. All from media people. I've got a ton of school to catch up with today thankfully, no sense spending my time trying to piece together unconfirmed shit. His bail was announced at $5k just now.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
So with Emelin signed that leaves Subban (obvious unless you are Smiley or Therrien), Markov, Diaz and Boullion.

Boullion, they should definitely drop. Markov depending on price, he may ask for too much. I think Beaulieu could replace Diaz.

I think it may be time to part with Markov, but letting him go in Free Agency would be dumb. It would be nice to get something for him while he's still got a year or two left. Of course, if Tinordi and Beaulieu can't be regulars we'd be screwed.

I wonder how the Altitude announcers are going to spin this, "Peter, Varly clearly did not do this, he was actually visiting kids in hospitals and bringing about world peace."

Avs really fucking with me on my birthday. Not even a pick back, another center which probably means Stastny will be moved, or they are just playing Talbot on the wing. :(

Avs really fucking with me on my birthday. Not even a pick back, another center which probably means Stastny will be moved, or they are just playing Talbot on the wing. :(

If we're literally just putting Talbot in for Downie I have no words. What the fuck is happening in this city.

Maybe to replace Stastny who's going away for Miller? WHO KNOWS

WE DON'T NEED ANY MORE CENTERS EVEN IF WE GAVE STASTNY AWAY FOR FREE

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Top Bottom