• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL October 2013 |OT| Racism, Pokémon, and the Pursuit of Saltiness

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
I can't believe the Wings won that game. I had zero faith they would be able to hold on to a 2-1 lead. I really hope they continue to play like this and not let up against the Oilers and Flames.

pringles

I can't believe the Wings won that game. I had zero faith they would be able to hold on to a 2-1 lead. I really hope they continue to play like this and not let up against the Oilers and Flames.
We could win against the Oil but we are never not shit against the Flames.

Glad that shitty losing streak is over. Didn't see the 3rd but solid game. Would be great if we could score some goals though..

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Update on Varlamov, according to his gf's lawyer:

"- Reporter says she claims Varlamov "beat her in a drunken rage"
- States assaults like this have happened in the past
- States Varlamov "spent Monday afternoon drinking excessively" and that the assault happened Tuesday (29 Oct) Morning.
- "He threw her into the wall, she went to the floor, and then he was stomping on her, and that's what caused the bruising and damage" -GF's laywer
- "This time Evee (spelling?) said to us, that's it, go lock him up" -GF's laywer
- Reporter says that his GF was hospitalized due to her injuries"

Video of the interview with the lawyer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WMUSthRoI9c

shit, he's gone if that's all true. And deservingly so. Innocent until proven guilty, but if she had to go to the hospital there are pictures of her injures and that won't just go away.

Also, some random guy on reddit seems to be my kinda redditor: "thanks for the updates. Can't imagine how hard commenters in r/nfl and r/nba have to work when this stuff breaks daily"

:rofl I swear that's not me. :lol

Could be 2-6 years.

Shit, and just when the Avs were good again. And I miss Anderson, he is a great goaltender.

Apparently 2nd degree kidnapping has an 8 year minimum sentence in Colorado, parole after 5 years. (wtf, minimum sentences? what kinda BS is that? anyway.)

Not sure if that's enough for deportation.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Dude will probably never play in the NHL again. Unreal, pretty much the worst thing that could happen to the Avs right now. Such a random thing to happen, how do you let yourself do something like that with the kind of life he has?

5Ge7gAS.jpg

UuSWnoh.jpg

So I wake up to see we actually won... hmmm.... Must be that Cleary leadership in the top 6.

Edit: Lol Metro

1st. Pens 18 Points
2nd. Canes 11 Points

0_0

And that is why I don't really care for the new playoff structure with the top 3 teams of both conferences being a lock, should be the top 2 teams and the rest duke it out.

What's up with Colorado goaltenders and domestic violence?
Herpderp.

I'm trying to refrain from judgment until there's solid anything out of the case, but the fact that he turned himself in says quite a bit. I grew up with that sort of thing (drunken parents fighting) around all the time and I'll say this: if it happened this time it definitely happened many times before. Battered spouse syndrome is a real thing. I hope she's alright and I hope that she gets the treatment she needs. He's dead to me and this team if the charges are real, we'll find someone else for now. We have some great prospects in the pipe but none are ready quite yet. This won't stop the avs.
Dude will probably never play in the NHL again. Unreal, pretty much the worst thing that could happen to the Avs right now. Such a random thing to happen, how do you let yourself do something like that with the kind of life he has?
Regardless of the quality of life a person has, all it takes is a fucked person to do shit like this. I'm sure it happens far more than the public ever knows to people with 'great lives'.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
So I wake up to see we actually won... hmmm.... Must be that Cleary leadership in the top 6.

1st. Pens 18 Points
2nd. Canes 11 Points

0_0

And that is why I don't really care for the new playoff structure with the top 3 teams of both conferences being a lock, should be the top 2 teams and the rest duke it out.
Heh maybe most of the Atlantic makes it in in this case

Man...missing all these games over here..!

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
Pretty messed up, that really sucks for the Av's. Package up Budaj and DD!

edit: Haha Smiley, that bus picture in that thread is great.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member

1st. Pens 18 Points
2nd. Canes 11 Points

0_0

Rangers only 3 points out of 2nd place in the division! Could be just 1 point after tonight (we're playing Buffalo).

Edit: Also, fuck Varlamov.

Very easily, the spotlight can break a lot of people who don't show it outwardly.

I do have a bit of sympathy for the Avs and their fans but if this all checks out (as I expect it will) Varlamov is a POS and I have no problem with his career being over.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Ok? then why turn yourself in?

Probably lead to more shit if he didn't turn himself in. I can't imagine even if he was innocent refusing to turn yourself in being viewed as a good choice. Its either turn yourself in or they issue a warrant to arrest you.

In public opinion he's a POS but we'll see what happens here.

Probably lead to more shit if he didn't turn himself in. I can't imagine even if he was innocent refusing to turn yourself in being viewed as a good choice. Its either turn yourself in or they issue a warrant to arrest you.

In public opinion he's a POS but we'll see what happens here.

Yeah, it was come in or be a fugitive. Not much of a choice.

I can still barely believe this is taking place. Surreal.

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
Meanwhile, a Russian government official is claiming that Varlamov's arrest is part of a scheme to prevent Russia from winning the gold medal in men's hockey at next year's Olympic Winter Games in Sochi.

Yeah, that's what it is....

Silexx

Re: Varlamov's kidnapping charges

I am not saying that there is no merit to the charges but we should remember that police and prosecutors will sometimes charge someone with the highest felony they can get away with in order to get the accused to plea to lesser charges.

Top Bottom