• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL October 2013 |OT| Racism, Pokémon, and the Pursuit of Saltiness

Razorskin

----- ------
The greatest picture these eyes have ever seen:

BR6h-nQCEAAIjiU.jpg
Add in 5 or 6 six more stars from your other favorite tesms and this pic is perfect

Alucard

Banned
It's the start of the season. Complaining about back-to-back games doesn't make much sense to me right now. Everyone is refreshed.

Curufinwe

I like this Rinaldo-Couturier-BSchenn third line. Rinaldo deserves more ice time and maybe playing on a proper line he'll be less likely to do dumb shit.

And it puts Talbot on the 4th line where he belongs.

So many defensive breakdowns already, ugh.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Who's got hockeystreams.com again? Thoughts/reviews?

It's better than Game Center. If you're thinking of Game Center, get this instead.

There aren't any blackouts, you get really good quality and it's very smooth.

The problem is that they're suffering from a lot of DDoS attacks and they're having problems with their streams. I had a lot of trouble connecting the past few games and last night I couldn't get the mobile working at all. They claim to have fixed the problems, but take that with a grain of salt until they get it 100%.

I had to refresh and wait and get a radio stream going while they got their shit together.

Basically, when it works, it works awesome; if they can work out the kinks and prevent these attacks from fucking everything up then there is no better option.

Who's got hockeystreams.com again? Thoughts/reviews?

All games streaming with both home and away feeds. Each game is archived and lets you watch the condensed games, or just highlights (which are highlights from NHL tonight). No market blackouts and you get AHL and OHL games too. Cheaper than Gamecenter. If you're deciding between Gamecenter and hockeystreams, it's a no brainer

Whats the deal with the DDoS attacks? Does that mean someone is specifically targeting them? I don't know much about all that stuff.

I signed up for two months while I'm out of Chicago, and might continue it later. I signed up for the ease to watch games after they already happened

Spl1nter

There are two negatives of hockeystreams compared to gamecenter. One is the timeline dvr which marks down goals and other events, hockeystreams is just dvr ability. The second is the amount of time is takes to buffer when jumping around in dvr mode (very minor nitpick). The benefit of hockeysteams being the amount of content offered with no blackouts. Nice being able to watch AHL and CHL games.

There are two negatives of hockeystreams compared to gamecenter. One is the timeline dvr which marks down goals and other events, hockeystreams is just dvr ability. The second is the amount of time is takes to buffer when jumping around in dvr mode (very minor nitpick). The benefit of hockeysteams being the amount of content offered with no blackouts. Nice being able to watch AHL and CHL games.

One thing that won me over with hockeystreams over GCL was 60 fps > 30 fps.

Curufinwe

Rutherford already wrote the script. Holmgren just needs to have the balls to read from it.

"It's about changing to get the chemistry back on our team, to get the confidence back on our team and make what I would say minor adjustments in a system that really worked in the Stanley Cup year. But teams have adjusted to it, and our team hasn't adjusted over the last couple of years." - Jim Rutherford

Top Bottom