• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL October 2013 |OT| Racism, Pokémon, and the Pursuit of Saltiness

And for the record: the only people who should wear jersey hoodies are suburban dudes and guys in their 40s that think it's trendy.

I still rock this like a motherfucker... (when the situation is appropriate).

qlMMz2o.jpg

Haters vacate.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Just saw the highlights from the Canucks game.

Christ, those were some AMAZING setups by Henrik. Just... wow.

also LOLDUBNYK. The phrase "another long-range goal against Dubnyk" was said too many times.

Dr.Acula

Banned
Fucking legendary quote!

Raymond converted a spin-o-rama, a move he's used throughout his career and one the NHL considered banning. He defended his ability to use it to score.

"I think I like most of all that I'm successful at it," he said. "It's one that seems to raise some debate and there's going to be a little more of it. It's something that's been successful for me, and if I can use it, why not?"

Senators coach Paul MacLean argued briefly with officials over the goal, scored against Craig Anderson.

"I think it's a very unfair play for the goaltender for the guy to come in and blow snow on him," MacLean said. "To me he came to a full stop and the puck went backwards and came forwards, but that's me. I'm only a fisherman from Nova Scotia, so I don't know nothin' about nothin'."

yyzjohn

Banned
Don't remember the Sens being overhyped since the Heatley days tbh

Now the Leafs on the other hand....

He said the Canadian media over hyping not random fans. Last time I checked the media had the Leafs missing the playoffs even last season and quite a few saying the same thing this season.

Erdrick

Don't remember the Sens being overhyped since the Heatley days tbh

Now the Leafs on the other hand....

This is correct.

He said the Canadian media over hyping not random fans. Last time I checked the media had the Leafs missing the playoffs even last season and quite a few saying the same thing this season.

The same Canadian media who showed Phil Kessell slashing Steve Ott about a million times a few weeks ago? I really don't think I saw it enough, and they should have spent even more time talking about it.

Solo

Sick game from the Habs last night. The EGG line with 12 points in 2 games. I think they might be pretty alright, yep. Eller is a beast.

Solo

EGG line: 5 goals, 7 assists through 2 games.
Rest of team combined: 2 goals, 5 assists through 2 games.

Fucking LOL.

yyzjohn

Banned
This is correct.

The same Canadian media who showed Phil Kessell slashing Steve Ott about a million times a few weeks ago? I really don't think I saw it enough, and they should have spent even more time talking about it.

Showing a slash is over hyping the team? OK.

Solo

UNF

Put them on the powerplay, and it's suddenly not crap anymore!

Yup, me and a few buddies I was watching the game with could barely believe we were actually witnessing MT give them additional minutes + PP time. Perhaps maybe he's finally gonna live up to his "you have to earn your minutes" mantra.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
Yup, me and a few buddies I was watching the game with could barely believe we were actually witnessing MT give them additional minutes + PP time. Perhaps maybe he's finally gonna live up to his "you have to earn your minutes" mantra.

It does seem like it, although I expect Desharnais and Briere will get more than 13:54 of icetime with Pacioretty back.

Quick

Banned
Colorado vs. Toronto on Tuesday. Bernier is probably gonna start that game.

It may be too early to say, but I think the job is his to lose right now. Carlyle could go back to alternating starts again (Bernier would be next anyway), but the Colorado game might be his chance to take the starting job and maybe run with it.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle

It may be too early to say, but I think the job is his to lose right now. Carlyle could go back to alternating starts again (Bernier would be next anyway), but the Colorado game might be his chance to take the starting job and maybe run with it.

Bernier was going to start Colorado anyways. But definitely the door is now open for Bernier to take the starter's job after Reimer got pulled.

He definitely looks a lot more calm then Reimer in the net, but I don't expect Reimer to just keel over he's going to fight hard. I love it, two solid goalies fighting hard for the starter's job and we just benefit from it!

Spl1nter

They will keep alternating starts I think no matter the outcome on Tuesday. Reimer deserves another start and if you go with Bernier he wont be in proper form for when he is needed. Plus we all know Reimer always bounces back strong.

Colorado is going to be a tough challenge. They have a great set of forwards and our depth is shit right now. Im hoping McClement is moved up to the third line along with Ashton. That would make a much better shutdown force with Raymond on the 2nd line for the time being.

Samyy

rqaP2I1.png

BF4 beta is correct. Hopefully Kadri can get going as we need him. He is getting points despite playing sub par.

Lupul was looking pretty quiet too over the past couple games until that goal.
But I just checked and he somehow has 4 points.
Riding the Raymond train I guess!

They will keep alternating starts I think no matter the outcome on Tuesday. Reimer deserves another start and if you go with Bernier he wont be in proper form for when he is needed. Plus we all know Reimer always bounces back strong.

Colorado is going to be a tough challenge. They have a great set of forwards and our depth is shit right now. Im hoping McClement is moved up to the third line along with Ashton. That would make a much better shutdown force with Raymond on the 2nd line for the time being.

It's obvious Bernier gets the start Tuesday, I'm sure Carlyle had that mapped up in his head already. But I feel like the only coach right now who can expose Bernier's weaknesses is Patrick Roy.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
It was Dave nonis that had the medical emergency and he was taken to hospital midway through the game last night

Top Bottom