• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL October 2014 |OT| Leafs Suck, And Then You Die

I love how Ron wanted that dancing Hamster to shut up and Don's all like hey HEY DON'T YOU TOUCH IT like it was a logo on a dressing room floor or something

zroid

Banned

lol what are you doing RNH

867777358.gif

getzlaf by gawd

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
They've played two games, but if does turn out to be an obvious tank season then just don't watch.

I still watched every game of Montreal's awful tank season, even though I knew losing would be better for the team, I still got pissed watching them lose.

Alucard

Banned
They've played two games, but if does turn out to be an obvious tank season then just don't watch.

Pretty much. More to life than sports, and not worth getting yourself all worked up about a team you support. Just follow the scores on a tracking app or something if it gets really bad.

Alucard

Banned
I still watched every game of Montreal's awful tank season, even though I knew losing would be better for the team, I still got pissed watching them lose.

This is what I'm talking about right here. I did the same during the Penguins' lean years, and while it made the 2009 Cup victory a little sweeter, I realize now how stupid it is to justify that moment of euphoria with years of shit. "I stuck through it! I was a fan when they were shit!" It's not a badge of honor. I watch a Pens game now if I can, but I don't revolve my schedule around it. It'll be the same if they're winning or losing.

If you have the time or just really love and live for hockey, I get it, though.

Definitely see him and Burke's "retool" as a complete failure.

Fire everyone not named Dubas and trade everyone except for: Kadri, Gardiner, Rielly, JVR, Bernier, Reimer, Percy.

Kessel must be traded because he'll fetch us the most value :( and he deserves to play somewhere with a real center :(

We need a shake-up, that's for sure. I want Carlyle gone, too, and do think this start is a blessing for that. Also, major trades may be needed like you said.

Those are players I'd want to keep, outside of maybe Reimer. I like him, but don't know where he'll fit.

It was surprising to see how many goals were scored against the Leafs and their division last night. I thought for sure Montreal would lose, too, as a result.

Parch

Listening to the TSN analytics podcast, it's basically a Leafs podcast, guess I won't be listening further.
It's amazing how fast TSN has turned to shit with their hockey coverage. I suppose getting Leaf regional games is important, especially when their NHL coverage is minimal, so kissing that ass is reaching levels never seen before.

Johnson isn't getting suspended for the hit, which is good for us. It was a bad hit, but to me it looked like he was going for a hip check and royally fucked it up (his butt was out the whole way). He's usually very responsible when it comes to checking anyway, if someone will turn their back to him as he's going for a check he will immediately let up. He got suspended for a slash last year, but that was because there was an injury, another example of the NHL basing discipline on the result instead of intent.

Johnson is going to get suspended, which is good for us. It was a bad hit, but to me it looked like he was going for a hip check and royally fucked it up (his butt was out the whole way). He's usually very responsible when it comes to checking anyway, if someone will turn their back to him as he's going for a check he will immediately let up. He got suspended for a slash last year, but that was because there was an injury, another example of the NHL basing discipline on the result instead of intent.

He is? I saw a tweet this morning saying nothing is expected to happen today.

Parch

Rogers phasing out Don Cherry can only be a good thing.
This was predicted when the Rogers hostile takeover happened. The decent CBC broadcasters have been absorbed but with lesser roles. McLean was kicked out of the main studio. Kelly Hrudey is doing ice level color for Oiler games. Cherry getting "extra" time post-game isn't going to happen. Meanwhile the SN dopes are front and center.

The HNIC crew couldn't be kicked to the curb, but they're just being made irrelevant for the gradual phase out.

Cake Boss

Banned
Also tell your coach to play Wiericoch ffs

i'm sure some of that 27 minutes given to philips last night could be given to Wiericoch

He looks to be in for Cowen which is good news but Philips is on the top pair now which isnt good news.

Philoops actually had a decent game, his best game in 2 years. Was actually impressed.

Philips- Karlsson (ERRRR)
Weircioch- Ceci (Not bad)
Boro- Gryballs (URRGGHHH)

Wayne Scanlan ‏@HockeyScanner 1m1 minute ago
Gryba and Neil mix it up. Yelling at ea other. #practice

Please one of you knock each other out so can get someone from the minors with actual talent to take your spots.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
It's amazing how fast TSN has turned to shit with their hockey coverage. I suppose getting Leaf regional games is important, especially when their NHL coverage is minimal, so kissing that ass is reaching levels never seen before.

TSN used to be the most partial too. Sportsnet has gotten better thankfully. Coach's Corner was another 5 minute segment about the Leafs, but at least it was hilarious with Don being even more xenophobic than usual.

At least we have fansites/forums and podcasts to follow now if we want.

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
I sure hope that self-advertising with tax payer money Cherry will GTFO. Probably gonna end up a senator though.

I wonder how Cherry feels about Landeskog, A pansy Swede, but he played in the OHL and plays like a Canadian. Still he said he thinks one of the Canadians should be captain, it's great.

Montresor

THAT's what Wings fans were saying was a definite penalty? Haha. Good play, good goal. From that angle it looks like the Wings defenseman fell on his own. He tripped on his own and Wings fans here were crying bloody murder last night. Is there another angle that shows this is a penalty somehow? Awesome play by Getzlaf.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
THAT's what Wings fans were saying was a definite penalty? Haha. Good play, good goal. From that angle it looks like the Wings defenseman fell on his own. He tripped on his own and Wings fans here were crying bloody murder last night. Is there another angle that shows this is a penalty somehow? Awesome play by Getzlaf.

Yeah he caught an edge. I guess you could argue that's a hook even if he didn't fall considering the weak ass hooking calls we've seen called though.

Parch

I wonder how Cherry feels about Landeskog, A pansy Swede, but he played in the OHL and plays like a Canadian.
He did praise Kopitar. He does like tough Europeans.

The problem with Cherry is that he makes it nationalistic. The main part of his point is the drafting of small players. On that I actually agree. There's a place for the small and skilled but you're not going to win squat in the NHL playoffs without some size. But Cherry has to make it all about nationality instead of skill set. That's what makes him sound like a bigoted idiot.

Top Bottom