• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL October 2014 |OT| Leafs Suck, And Then You Die

THAT's what Wings fans were saying was a definite penalty? Haha. Good play, good goal. From that angle it looks like the Wings defenseman fell on his own. He tripped on his own and Wings fans here were crying bloody murder last night. Is there another angle that shows this is a penalty somehow? Awesome play by Getzlaf.

The opposite angle where you don't see the skates because of the wall made it look like a definite penalty. Now I'm fine with it not called. Looks like maybe a hook but not e be new on the hands or body. Looks like stick to stick contact

T.M. MacReady

NO ONE DENIES MEMBER
tumblr_ndc8iupEpr1tm757ao1_400.gif

Socreges

Banned
THAT's what Wings fans were saying was a definite penalty? Haha. Good play, good goal. From that angle it looks like the Wings defenseman fell on his own. He tripped on his own and Wings fans here were crying bloody murder last night. Is there another angle that shows this is a penalty somehow? Awesome play by Getzlaf.
The worst is when people have the benefit of replay and are still unable to see reality.

CentroXer

Banned
so cherry calls out Washington for being losers in the draft? lol have he seen Burakovsky yet? Or Filip Forsberg who now plays regularly in Nashville. Terrible drafts, right.

Parch

TOR had the most Canadian born players. What's Cherry talking about?
He was talking about the recent draft.

That chart really doesn't prove anything. There are good teams that have a lower percentage of Canadians, but it shouldn't be a surprise that NHL franchises in North America have high numbers of Canadians. A lot of the 3rd and 4th line role players are Canadian, while European leagues can compete with those type of salaries and keep their European players.

Instead of just sheer numbers, it's better to measure the amount of ELITE players, the ones who really make the difference between winning and losing. Counting role players doesn't prove anything.

And in reality, size and toughness is a bigger factor than nationality. That's the point Cherry wanted to make but failed miserably. He always has to equate that to Canadian players and his stupid flag waving always makes him look like a fool.

so cherry calls out Washington for being losers in the draft? lol have he seen Burakovsky yet? Or Filip Forsberg who now plays regularly in Nashville. Terrible drafts, right.

Forsberg :(

Imagine having Forsberg, Burakovsky, Kuznetsov, Wilson and Vrbata in our system all at once.

Winger depth for decades.

Curufinwe

I hear John Tortorella and Dan Bylsma are available right now, though!

I think I'd take Bylsma right now.

If you have games on Wednesday, Thursday and Saturday and the backup goalie is going to start one of them, then it needs to not be the Saturday game. It's just common sense to not make your starter go back to back in that situation.

Less than 5mill a year? Steal.

I know, right? Russo's blog on the signing + defensive success thus far this season:

Jonas Brodin, known already as a poised, cerebral defenseman, is as quick and efficient off the ice as he is on it.

How quickly did Brodin’s six-year, $25 million extension with the Wild materialize

“We started talking two weeks ago probably. We talked before last night’s game and then we talked again after the game. And then … I signed the paper,” Brodin said.

Brodin said the extension made for a pretty fun ride home with his teammates after Saturday’s 3-0 win over the Avs.

Get used to seeing the 21-year-old Swede. One of the NHL’s most mobile blue liners is signed on through 2020-21.

“I’m really excited,” Brodin said. “I really like the organization, my teammates, the whole staff. I believe we can win. I’m really happy right now. I’m really confident my game will continue to develop.”

General Manager Chuck Fletcher said, “Clearly he’s a very important player on our team right now and we figure his importance certainly isn’t going to decrease over the years (laughing). If anything he’s going to continue to evolve and get better. He’s hopefully going to be one of our cornerstone players here for the next decade.

Parch

I'm sick of Don Cherry.
Easy enough to avoid the TV for 5 minutes a week. That's all he's gonna get from Rogers. Bad press if they fire him so he'll leave on his own terms. I bet he'll soon feel insignificant enough that he'll retire, just like Rogers wants.

Easy enough to avoid the TV for 5 minutes a week. That's all he's gonna get from Rogers. Bad press if they fire him so he'll leave on his own terms. I bet he'll soon feel insignificant enough that he'll retire, just like Rogers wants.

I did just that last night. Actually, I changed the channel.

Every year Canadians win the Stanley Cup. It will be huge news when the cup is won without a Canadian. I'd be willing to bet that will never happen.

Who knows? I'm sure the Romans never thought they'd have leaders who weren't born in Italy, but after about 145 CE Italian born Roman Emperors were the exception, not the rule.

All I'm saying is that things change, and Rome is fascinating.

CentroXer

Banned
That's not true, these teams are Canadian in geography only, their teams are full of euros. The LA Kings had a whole bunch of good Canadian boys and won, they are a real Canadian team.

except that Kings best players that playoff run were not Canadian. Kopitar and Quick.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Kevin Hayes is definitely in but unclear who is out. Will be a game time decision. Both Glass and Fast are nursing some minor injuries, could be others, and Nash's wife may being having a baby, so he may or may not play.

Top Bottom