• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL October 2014 |OT| Leafs Suck, And Then You Die

trifelife

Do you want your Canucks Messier jersey stitched or pressed on?

24124.jpg

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
well it's not blacked out for me... but the panel just had no sound on. Oh well I hope it's fixed for when the actual game starts

thanks, will do the same if it's not fixed by puck drop

The channel on TV is blacked out. RDS can only air their games in Quebec and parts of Eastern Ontario, and it's only on the Montreal area City TV.

Announcers surely like to state the obvious.

(After Gorges' cheap shot, Getzlaf retaliates a play or two later):
"He's mad about Gorges' hit and wants them to know it. The biggest guy out there is leading by example."

(Start of the Habs game):
"It's no secret that the Habs start slowly and don't have great first periods. The key to fixing this is to, of course, score the first goal of the game."

Thanks, rocket scientists. I didn't know that.

Parch

The channel on TV is blacked out. RDS can only air their games in Quebec and parts of Eastern Ontario, and it's only on the Montreal area City TV.
That's the next thing that needs fixing. Blackouts. It's a stupid NHL policy. TSN has all these extra channels with nothing on because they can't show their regional games in all regions.

That's the next thing that needs fixing. Blackouts. It's a stupid NHL policy. TSN has all these extra channels with nothing on because they can't show their regional games in all regions.

Blackouts aren't just an NHL problem. It's every major sports in North America.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
I see they're maintaining their strategy of only playing for the final 20 mins of the game.

It's frustrating when nothing is on and there's hockey, but it's blocked behind a rip-off, $200 NHL Center Ice paywall. Or whatever it costs.

I only like to watch out of market games on occasion, and usually just for a bit, so it's not worth it.

Blackouts suck, though. They've tarnished sports due to greed.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member

Is it the teams fault?

I don't get how Rogers can purchase exclusive rights but there are still regional games left to be sold.

Top Bottom