• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL October 2014 |OT| Leafs Suck, And Then You Die

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Oh look Neil and another worthless scrub fighting people with 10 times their talent. Continue being irrelevant guys.

Cake Boss

Banned
KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif

PRETEND KARLSSON GETTING HIS ASS WOOPED BY A ROOKIE

KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif

Red_Man

:lol :lol useless goon went after Parenteau first, enjoy fighting all season at the bottom of the standings Neil.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Hayes' penalty shot attempt was downright Sedin-esque.

But Zucc's shootout goal was sick. Gonna need a gif of that one.

Red_Man

I see Melnyk cheaped out on glass installation.

You can tell Moen knows his job is gone because he's actually hitting people tonight.

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
Good to see Detroit's 5 on 3 set up is still complete shit. Wings are still having trouble scoring goals and it's getting worrisome. They've only scored 11 goals in 7 games.

Red_Man

Emelin and Buds cost them this game. Kids played well though, although Gallagher hasn't looked great all preseason, he needs to pick it up.

Cake Boss

Banned
BABBBBBBBBBBBYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

Dat Hoffman speed tho, how can this kid stay out of the lineup, no choice but to play in the top 9 now.

Cake Boss

Banned
Man even though its only preseason, the Legwand signing looks to be another MacArthur signing, just really smart on the puck, great passer, great skater, never seems to make a mistake and just great all around.

There has to be a trade involving Condra and Greening, they need to GTFO out of the organization.

MacArthur- Turris- Stone
Ryan- Zibby- Chiasson
Hoffman- Legwand- Lazar
Smith- Pageau- Neil

Kozun played more effective NHL regular season minutes in that game than Orr and McLaren have in their entire careers.

If he's not on the NHL roster it'll be a Scandal.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
So at this point I'd have the opening night lineup as something along the lines of:

Kreider-Brassard-Zuccarello
Hagelin-St.Louis-Nash
Duclair-Miller-Fast
Glass-D.Moore-Stempniak
Malone

McDonagh-Girardi
Staal-Boyle
J.Moore-Klein
Hunwick

Lundqvist
Talbot

One last chance for the kids tomorrow against the Devs.

Samyy

The most important part of tonights game for me was that Robidas looked good and Percy would probably be fine on the 3rd pairing.
Also if this is Dion on his proper side then what the fuck were we doing the last few years? He looked great.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
The most important part of tonights game for me was that Robidas looked good and Percy would probably be fine on the 3rd pairing.
Also if this is Dion on his proper side then what the fuck were we doing the last few years? He looked great.

This has nothing to do with what side he is playing on
if phaneuf moves his feet and doesn't handle his stick like it's a mop stuck in mud then he's effective

He becomes a detriment when he doesn't try and he does that far too often.

DopeyFish

So Nylander?

I keep fighting with myself when trying to figure out if he should stay or not

He's really defensively responsible, but makes some really questionable neutral zone and zone entry plays.

He's been putting himself in great position to score but never really finishes.

Makes some great passes and setups. Handles board play a lot better than i thought he would.

It almost seems like he needs to learn intricacies of NHL play and beef up (mainly core strength) a bit... which i don't think he'd get from either AHL or SEL.

Samyy

I
It almost seems like he needs to learn intricacies of NHL play and beef up (mainly core strength) a bit... which i don't think he'd get from either AHL or SEL.

Building strength does not happen during the NHL/hockey season, that is all done in the off-season. I don't want him in the AHL because then we'll have to hear about every single hot streak (#Freelander) and every cold streak (#Bustlander) from the media mouth breathers.

DopeyFish

Building strength does not happen during the NHL/hockey season, that is all done in the off-season. I don't want him in the AHL because then we'll have to hear about every single hot streak (#Freelander) and every cold streak (#Bustlander) from the media mouth breathers.

Core strength certainly does come from playing in season. It's not the same as just building muscle. It's about using your muscles right.

TUSR

Banned
No matter how much training you do in the off season you're never quite 'game ready'.

Top Bottom