• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL October 2014 |OT| Leafs Suck, And Then You Die

zroid

Banned
Building strength does not happen during the NHL/hockey season, that is all done in the off-season. I don't want him in the AHL because then we'll have to hear about every single hot streak (#Freelander) and every cold streak (#Bustlander) from the media mouth breathers.

The scuttlebutt would certainly be annoying, but ultimately I don't think it should matter. Either AHL or Sweden would be fine, but I'd prefer AHL. Better to be in the organization where Dubas and co. can keep a close eye. Wouldn't mind giving him 9 games either -- not sure whether it should be at the start of the season though.

Samyy

I keep fighting with myself when trying to figure out if he should stay or not

He's really defensively responsible, but makes some really questionable neutral zone and zone entry plays.

He's been putting himself in great position to score but never really finishes.

Makes some great passes and setups. Handles board play a lot better than i thought he would.

It almost seems like he needs to learn intricacies of NHL play and beef up (mainly core strength) a bit... which i don't think he'd get from either AHL or SEL.

To add to this, he did have a +10 corsi this game. It seems like him and his line, while pretty quiet, seemed to be playing in the offensive zone quite a bit.

The scuttlebutt would certainly be annoying, but ultimately I don't think it should matter. Either AHL or Sweden would be fine, but I'd prefer AHL. Better to be in the organization where Dubas and co. can keep a close eye. Wouldn't mind giving him 9 games either -- not sure whether it should be at the start of the season though.

I guess it would be another reason to see a Marlies game now and then.

Socreges

Banned
I think I did well. 8 people pool

Getzlaf
Perry
Kopitar
Pacioretty
O'Reilly
Nash
Turris
Simmonds
Tarasenko
Steen
Hodgson
Nichushkin
Hertl
Bonino
Huberdeau

Hedman
Doughty
Fowler
Niskanen
Edler
Faulk
Lindholm

Price
Lehtonen
Bernier

Bonus: Maata

Acid08

Banned
Sharks win 3-1, goals from McGinn, Wingels, and Nieto. Kids came to play tonight and I will be VERY surprised if Tierney and Mueller don't make the team.

Don't think Goldobin has a shot anymore, he needs more time. He's slick as hell though, high hopes for him.

Heretic

Getzlaf
Perry
Kopitar
Pacioretty
O'Reilly
Nash
Turris
Simmonds
Tarasenko
Steen
Hodgson
Nichushkin
Hertl
Bonino
Huberdeau

Hedman
Doughty
Fowler
Niskanen
Edler
Faulk
Lindholm

Price
Lehtonen
Bernier

Yay! You grabbed Lindholm!

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.

Getzlaf
Perry
Kopitar
Pacioretty
O'Reilly
Nash
Turris
Simmonds
Tarasenko
Steen
Hodgson
Nichushkin
Hertl
Bonino
Huberdeau

Hedman
Doughty
Fowler
Niskanen
Edler
Faulk
Lindholm

Price
Lehtonen
Bernier

Soc listened to me? I have to commemorate this moment somehow

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Your boys Getz and Perrs will decide if I sink or swim. Hoping the Kesler line will take some pressure off them.

Just try not to say something stupid now, idiot

I actually regret Maata. Way too conservative.

If your league does points you probably should've taken a forward, yeah. But I have Maatta on my regular fantasy team, hope he does well.

Marvie_3

Banned
The Angels are fuckin' killing me.
I'm all about that Royals bandwagon. Baseball is way more fun when you're rooting for underdogs. Would have loved to see a Pirates/Royals World Series had the Pirates not imploded. A Baltimore/Washington series could be pretty awesome too though.

Heretic

Your boys Getz and Perrs will decide if I sink or swim. Hoping the Kesler line will take some pressure off them.

Just try not to say something stupid now, idiot

I actually regret Maata. Way too conservative.

Ducks are putting all of their cards on our prospects... I hope it pays out. Getzy and Pears can't have another bad season. I'm hoping they come up huge.

CentroXer

Banned
keep your eyes on Jens Looke. Turned 17 this year and has 4p in 6 SEL games. He has basically no hype at all going into next year draft. He is already 6'0 also.

I now think Nylander should go back to Sweden or to the AHL, because he hasn't been very evident over his last couple of games. Kozun, on the other hand, has looked great. What a pick-up!

The Leafs looked really good out there tonight, in what I saw of the game. I saw half.

cube444

I now think Nylander should go back to Sweden or to the AHL, because he hasn't been very evident over his last couple of games. Kozun, on the other hand, has looked great. What a pick-up!

The Leafs looked really good out there tonight, in what I saw of the game. I saw half.

OK Manics.

Cake Boss

Banned
Best thing about last nights game other than punking les habs again was Cowens game, I wasn't yelling at the TV every time he touched the puck so I guess that's an improvement.

Calamari41

41 > 38
Hamilton is killing me... Trout too. They've done NOTHING.

Our pitching staff, which was supposed to be our huge liability, only allowed three earned runs in regulation over two games, and yet we lost both.

I'm all about that Royals bandwagon. Baseball is way more fun when you're rooting for underdogs. Would have loved to see a Pirates/Royals World Series had the Pirates not imploded. A Baltimore/Washington series could be pretty awesome too though.

Royals are playing their game well, especially on defense. They have good fans, and haven't done shit in over a generation. When they move on I'll be rooting for them too. Baltimore is killing it though, they've got to be favored to take it all at this point.

Razorskin

----- ------
Almost makes me want to leave hockeystreams...

AweDhqD.png

Almost... Fuck Rogers

Silexx

He actually looks as good as he did in his rookie season. The mobility seems to have improved. He gets in trouble when he tries to play like Karlsson. Just needs to learn to keep it simple.

He honestly cannot play worst than he did last season. He's getting a full training camp to get ready compared to last year because of his contract dispute.

Still would rather have Methot paired with Karlsson, though.

Needs to be the 9th right now

Edit: holy fuck, I got too caught up in a new job and destiny to remember the fantasy league draft. :lol

No, that's actually GameCenter, hockeystreams doesn't have this and I'm not even sure this is going to be standard or a one time deal.

I've used that deal before on GCL, it's awesome in theory but fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck actually using it. They cut your bitrate way down for each stream so they all kinda look like ass. It also forces one audio feed (the biggest window is the focus) which would be fine as an option but it shouldn't be forced. Should be able to mix your own audio levels.

Top Bottom