• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL October 2014 |OT| Leafs Suck, And Then You Die

Will miss the game tonight but I just hope we show up, last game we didn't and Howard had to steal us a point.

From MyNHLTradeRumors today:
Jeff Petry is reportedly on the trade black, with the Red Wings among the teams interested. A source said that trade talk around the Oilers has increased. Some speculation involves Nail Yakupov and Jordan Eberle. Nothing appears to be imminent, but trade talks continue.

Petry, Eberle, and Yakupov to Detroit for Cleary (dat' veteran presence), Kindl, a rock, and two pieces of popcorn!! Ger 'Er Done Holland!

Cake Boss

Banned
Number of NHL games on every current NHL roster.

11265 New Jersey
9554 Nashville
9359 Pittsburgh
9340 San Jose
9144 New Jersey
9129 Colorado
9107 Chicago
9086 Vancouver
8971 Dallas
8884 Boston
8879 Los Angeles
8425 Anaheim
8423 Philadelphia (removed Kimmo and Prongers games)
8408 Arizona
8153 St Louis
8119 Florida
8040 Washington
7831 Tampa
7737 Carolina
7695 Montreal
7509 Minnesota
7507 Detroit
7209 Calgary
7126 Islanders
6948 Winnipeg
6902 Toronto
6803 Columbus
5934 Buffalo
5073 Edmonton
4688 Ottawa

Kind of interesting, even crazier when u remove Philoops and Neil, then our GP would 2500 or so.

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
After tomorrow's game against the Leafs, the Wings will have played 5 games in 10 days, against only 3 different teams. I guess that looks better on paper, but it doesn't feel like a game every other day.

I can't think of something the Leafs have that the Oilers would actually want right now.

Robidas? Bozak? I could see those guys helping Edmonton, but no way either one (or together) would get even someone like Yakupov.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
I can't think of something the Leafs have that the Oilers would actually want right now.

Robidas? Bozak? I could see those guys helping Edmonton, but no way either one (or together) would get even someone like Yakupov.

They could've signed Robidas had they wanted him; all they had to do was to make an offer, and I don't see them going after an aging defenseman at this point.
Bozak is another average C they don't need.

I'm spitballing here but...
Gardiner - Doghouse and he has the connection with Dstl's worse enemy
Phaneuf - Big physical defenseman that can eat a lot of minutes up and provide some small stability. He's also from Crapmonton and there were rumors before.
Reimer - FIX YOUR FUCKING GOALTENDING FOR FUCK'S SAKE, OILERS! Rumours of a Yak for Reimer trade last year.
Franson - Contract disputes the past few years. RH defenseman which is a huge plus.
Gauthier - Long shot. But at least he's a defensive forward prospect that will defend unlike the crap they got now.
Lupul - Doubt it, but he could provide some veteran leadership and secondary scoring. They do need some decent wingers.

End of the day, it seems like we have a defenseman available, but they wouldn't offer a better defenseman back, which is a pressing need besides a 1C, so I don't see much happening.

Yawnier

Banned
Reimer - FIX YOUR FUCKING GOALTENDING FOR FUCK'S SAKE, OILERS! Rumours of a Yak for Reimer trade last year.

Wait really? I actually never heard that rumour before, seems like it would be a lopsided trade for Toronto esp for a former 1st overall who is still really young.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Wait really? I actually never heard that rumour before, seems like it would be a lopsided trade for Toronto esp for a former 1st overall who is still really young.

Yes. There were rumours last year. Stupid rumours for sure, but they were before Edmonton got Scrivens...or Poor Scrivens.

http://www.thehockeynews.com/blog/rumor-roundup-would-a-reimer-yakupov-trade-work/

http://blogs.edmontonjournal.com/20...ing-nail-yakupov-in-a-trade-for-james-reimer/

edit: well...not so much the second link, but basically, their names have been linked.

Reimer isn't a significant upgrade on Scrivens or Fasth.

I could see Eberle getting traded to a contender at the deadline who needs some top-6 scoring, but his contract is massive and Edmonton would have to take something back.

Yakupov is probably their best trade asset at the moment.

But even after you factor out the coaching/management/culture issues, they still lack what most teams in the league do: an elite centre and a Norris-calibre defenceman. And since it's nearly impossible to acquire either of them via trade, they'll have to draft and develop one.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Reimer isn't a significant upgrade on Scrivens or Fasth.

I could see Eberle getting traded to a contender at the deadline who needs some top-6 scoring, but his contract is massive and Edmonton would have to take something back.

Yakupov is probably their best trade asset at the moment.

But even after you factor out the coaching/management/culture issues, they still lack what most teams in the league do: an elite centre and a Norris-calibre defenceman. And since it's nearly impossible to acquire either of them via trade, they'll have to draft and develop one.

I'd argue Reimer is much better than Scrivens. Had Reimer gone to LA in that trade, you can bet playing behind that defense and system he would've had superior numbers than Scrivens.

Yakupov may be the best asset, but there are a lot of problems. He can still bolt to the KHL whenever. There are rumblings of attitude problems. He's lazy defensively. His scoring touch is there but needs work. Hell, I'd rather take Galchenyuk over Yak at this point in their careers.

Spl1nter

Yakupov may be the best asset, but there are a lot of problems. He can still bolt to the KHL whenever. There are rumblings of attitude problems. He's lazy defensively. His scoring touch is there but needs work. Hell, I'd rather take Galchenyuk over Yak at this point in their careers.

I think that is just fact. I was always higher on Galy than Yakupov, even before the draft. Was disappointing when Habs got him. Not because I dislike Rielly, just that he is a future #1 C.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Sources say the Canucks have this thing called a "hockey" tonight. I don't believe it til I see it.

Razorskin

----- ------
Nutcracker!
868074228.0bruaz.gif

lucic20nutcracker20br4rug8.gif

T.M. MacReady

NO ONE DENIES MEMBER
the word on Grabo is "out indefinitely". Bummer.

Bailey taking his spot on 2nd line for game against Pitt on Saturday, according to Staple.

zroid

Banned
Why is Canucks vs Oilers a regionally restricted game? That's so stupid.

I mean, all regionally restricted games are stupid, but this especially. They've already got most of Western Canada seeing the game, might as well let the rest of us in on it.

zroid

Banned
I thought Rogers said there would be a national game virtually every day of the week.

It appears there will always be national games on Wednesdays, Saturdays, and Sundays. The other days may or may not have them. Tuesdays in particular seem to be almost exclusively home to regional games.

Top Bottom