• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL October 2014 |OT| Leafs Suck, And Then You Die

Revenant

Dat Leddy Cap Dump trade...wooof

edit: actually not as bad as I initially thought upon reading it. Pokka is an interesting grab, that's really the meat of the trade right there.

T.M. MacReady

NO ONE DENIES MEMBER
Still think the Islanders miss the playoffs, because they're the Islanders.

mYywhWu.gif

Big day. Exciting day.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Apparently all Leafs/Sens/Jets games on TSN are blacked out on GCL.

Zero Canucks games are on TSN meaning all 82 are on GCL. :D Perfect solution for someone with no cable.

Until January 1st when the trial ends. :(

Zero Canucks games on TSN? Really? Also, wait, why would this mean that they're not blacked out?

Smiley90

Why would they be blacked out? Only games on major networks are blacked out, the rest are by region but getting around the region lock is laughably easy.

True, I just wasn't sure if he meant region lock blackout or no blackout at all.

Is connecting with something like Tunnelbear and then dropping it still the way to go? :p

Tampa
Montreal
Boston

Toronto
Ottawa
Detroit
Florida
Buffalo

Pittsburgh
New York (R)
Washington
New York (I)
Philadelphia

New Jersey
Columbus
Carolina

I dunno, maybe?

Smiley90

There are so many games on today

I don't even care that it's the preseason, I'm all giddy

Yawnier

Banned
Tampa
Montreal
Boston

Toronto
Ottawa
Detroit
Florida
Buffalo

Pittsburgh
New York (R)
Washington
New York (I)
Philadelphia

New Jersey
Columbus
Carolina

I dunno, maybe?

I can not see Tampa beating out Boston in divisional standings but the East conference really seems to be a wash. Not sure if Columbus will place that low either. I would be pissed but not shocked in the least if most of this happens: leafs barely miss the playoffs and also probably miss out on a top 10 draft pick in an incredibly front loaded draft.

Treadmill of mediocrity, drive for 9th, etc. etc. etc.

I can not see Tampa beating out Boston in divisional standings but the East conference really seems to be a wash. Not sure if Columbus will place that low either. I would be pissed but not shocked in the least if most of this happens: leafs barely miss the playoffs and also probably miss out on a top 10 draft pick in an incredibly front loaded draft.

Treadmill of mediocrity, drive for 9th, etc. etc. etc.

I think Boston will take a step back this year with the loss of Boychuk and Iggy.

Tampa will go ham this year unless Bishop goes cold turkey.

Yawnier

Banned
I think Boston will take a step back this year with the loss of Boychuk and Iggy.

Tampa will go ham this year unless Bishop goes cold turkey.

I also don't think the Bs will have as good of a regular season compared to last year, but IMO they are still the top team in the northeast. I guess we will have to see.

zroid

Banned
Tampa
Montreal
Boston

Toronto
Ottawa
Detroit
Florida
Buffalo

Pittsburgh
New York (R)
Washington
New York (I)
Philadelphia

New Jersey
Columbus
Carolina

I dunno, maybe?

mad.gif

If you're gonna have us miss the yoffs at least have the decency to put us near the bottom. :'(

Marvie_3

Banned
Would be more bummed about Leddy being traded if he had shown more improvement the last few years. His development really stagnated. Maybe a change of scenery will help him out.

MacAttack

Boychuk trade hurts but probably the best move if their plan is too get younger and free up cap space.

With Seidenberg and Chara locked into big long term contracts and Hamilton and Krug expecting new contracts, its hard to see where Boychuk fits in contract wise and still be able to re-sign all their upcoming free agents next season.

I wouldnt be suprised if this is the last season in Boston for Campbell, Paille and McQuaid. Im glad to see Caron go, and wouldn't mind shipping out Chris Kelly and getting out from his contract.

It feels like a Patriots (Belichik) move, which haven't turned out very well recently.

Think there will be a few surprise teams missing out on the playoffs this year.

Rampant mediocrity in the East and strong competition in the West will make this year a fun one.

Smiley90

Think there will be a few surprise teams missing out on the playoffs this year.

Rampant mediocrity in the East and strong competition in the West will make this year a fun one.

sounds like last year

Western winner will have three 6/7-game series and then near-wipe whoever comes out of the East?

Cake Boss

Banned
Going to miss tonights pointless useless game by attending Russell Peters show in Kanata, as he tries to remain relevant.

True, I just wasn't sure if he meant region lock blackout or no blackout at all.

Is connecting with something like Tunnelbear and then dropping it still the way to go? :p

Unless it's changed at all then yes but I doubt it has. There's a million services like tunnelbear that will do the same thing.

Come on guys, you keep leaving the Wings out of your playoff predictions, you guys couldn't be more
closer
to the truth...

:(

This year is going to suck.

Edit:

Oh wow are lineup for tonight...

Bruins are going to kill us.

Foggy

Horton seems to have a degenerative back condition and Jenner is out for six weeks I think D:

The West is looking crazy too.

Horton's probably going to be gone for most of the season, but honestly that was the case last season so I'm not exactly losing sleep over that. Johansen should get signed before the first game(last I checked negotiations were $1 million apart) and Jenner and Murray should be healed up before 10 games have passed. It's certainly not the most ideal situation but the prospects have been looking good so far. In terms of the Metro, it's still the Pens to lose but everything else is so fucking topsy turvy I wouldn't be stunned if NY/Philly dropped off bad and somehow Columbus found itself in 2nd place. Then who knows what's going to happen with the Isles/Devils. I could see them in the wild card again, but I think/hope they can win a series this year.

Also, I think Bob's in a contract year as well as other guys like Atkinson and Anisimov so I'm hoping for big years from those guys as well.

What is Mantha's deal this year? Where is he going to play?

Injured in the prospect tournament and missed the entire preseason to even see if he is NHL ready. So he will probably start in Grand Rapids toward the end of October once he heals up.

Of course he was our leading scorer during the prospect tournament too. :/

Injured in the prospect tournament and missed the entire preseason to even see if he is NHL ready. So he will probably start in Grand Rapids toward the end of October once he heals up.

Of course he was our leading scorer during the prospect tournament too. :/

Dang son. Probably won't make the NHL then? Until Cleary injures more players?

He broke his leg and he'll be out another month.

Knew he got injured but was not sure how long.

Well, it sucks losing Leddy. I liked him, but being over the cap space wasn't helping his prospects with staying with the team. Someone had to go and his name was the most common one that actually made sense. He has a lot of upside so the Isles got a good player with a good future. But, the Hawks didn't get totally robbed, thankfully.

Marvie_3

Banned
Well, it sucks losing Leddy. I liked him, but being over the cap space wasn't helping his prospects with staying with the team. Someone had to go and his name was the most common one that actually made sense. He has a lot of upside so the Isles got a good player with a good future. But, the Hawks didn't get totally robbed, thankfully.

Honestly, I would have rather seen Oduya get shipped out. He's gonna walk after the season so we could have gotten something for him. It would hurt out defense more than losing Leddy but I think it gave us better options going forward. Leddy had one year left on his deal. We could have given him a season next to Hjalmarsson and tested whether he'd ever be able to take that next step or not. If he played well, he could have been resigned. If he continued to plateau, then we could have dealt him next offseason or bumped him back down to a smaller role.

Curufinwe

Are you expecting none of them to be back at all this season? Cuz lol.

Horton's out indefinitely and his contract looks like being one of the worst in the league. Jenner's out a month. Johansen should be back by December at the latest but what kinda shape will he be in? It's far from a rosy picture.

BzIXzoZIMAAhZCq.jpg

Top Bottom