• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL October 2014 |OT| Leafs Suck, And Then You Die

zroid

Banned
Yl3y571.png

Seems reasonable

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Lines against the Sharks tomorrow:

Zuccarello-Brassard-St.Louis
Kreider-Hayes-Nash
Hagelin-D.Moore-Stempniak
Glass-Mueller-Malone

Anthony Duclair will be a healthy scratch.

Lundqvist should get the start.

zroid

Banned
I saw that apparently Sharks have one of the highest PDO in the league so far, while Rangers one of the lowest. Wonder if we'll see some regression both ways tomorrow.

Razorskin

----- ------
Lines against the Sharks tomorrow:

Zuccarello-Brassard-St.Louis
Kreider-Hayes-Nash
Hagelin-D.Moore-Stempniak
Glass-Mueller-Malone

Anthony Duclair will be a healthy scratch.

Lundqvist should get the start.

What are the odds Duclair stays after the 9 games?

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
What are the odds Duclair stays after the 9 games?

Hard to say. AV says he's out in part because he doesn't think he can fit him into the top 9 against the Sharks' forwards (which might just be a "I don't want John fucking Scott knocking out my 19 year old kid" sort of thing) and because of the sheer number of games we've played in a short stretch (5 games in 8 nights, way more than anything Duclair has experienced before). I'm assuming Duclair will be back in for the next 4 games, especially since the schedule will spread out a little bit more over the next two weeks, and then a decision will be made.

I think he's shown so far that he can belong here. He's had great chemistry with St. Louis and Nash, he's one of the few + players the Rangers have in the lineup, and he's got 3 points in 5 games, which is 5th on the team behind only Nash, St. Louis, Stempniak, and Kreider. But I think he's going to need to produce more once he's put back in the lineup to convince AV that he should stay all year.

If he can put some goals on the board in NJ and Montreal, I think he stays. If he doesn't, it'll be back to Quebec. Right now I'd say 50-50.

Acid08

Banned
Hard to say. AV says he's out in part because he doesn't think he can fit him into the top 9 against the Sharks' forwards (which might just be a "I don't want John fucking Scott knocking out my 19 year old kid" sort of thing) and because of the sheer number of games we've played in a short stretch (5 games in 8 nights, way more than anything Duclair has experienced before). I'm assuming Duclair will be back in for the next 4 games, especially since the schedule will spread out a little bit more over the next two weeks, and then a decision will be made.

I think he's shown so far that he can belong here. He's had great chemistry with St. Louis and Nash, he's one of the few + players the Rangers have in the lineup, and he's got 3 points in 5 games, which is 5th on the team behind only Nash, St. Louis, Stempniak, and Kreider. But I think he's going to need to produce more once he's put back in the lineup to convince AV that he should stay all year.

If he can put some goals on the board in NJ and Montreal, I think he stays. If he doesn't, it'll be back to Quebec. Right now I'd say 50-50.
Scott may not even play tomorrow, one of our kids is up with the big team to fill that role. Honestly hope he stays up too, Scott and Brown are terrible.

Acid08

Banned
I saw that apparently Sharks have one of the highest PDO in the league so far, while Rangers one of the lowest. Wonder if we'll see some regression both ways tomorrow.
Maybe. Though we're consistently one of the best fancy stats teams year after year.

Samyy

Grabovski has a concussion, they'll re-evaluate in a week.

Connor Brown score his first pro goal but the Marlies are playing bad.

Acid08

Banned
Grabovski has a concussion, they'll re-evaluate in a week.

Connor Brown score his first pro goal but the Marlies are playing bad.
Oh boy look DW, John Scott sure is helping protect our players by concussing skilled forwards! Good thing you brought him in!

Samyy

Oh boy look DW, John Scott sure is helping protect our players by concussing skilled forwards! Good thing you brought him in!

Grabovski was a serious threat man!
Though really, NYI have no enforcers do they? Why the fuck would you waste a roster spot on John Scott in that situation anyway.

zroid

Banned
Anaheim is one of the worse teams at those fancy stats. People have been calling for a Corsi collapse for a couple years. Sometimes you just gotta play.

I don't think Anaheim's fancystats are actually that bad, just lower than you'd expect for a team that has as much success as them. Last year it was just hovering at 50% I believe.

iirc it was actually legit bad when Carlyle got fired :lol

Acid08

Banned
Grabovski was a serious threat man!
Though really, NYI have no enforcers do they? Why the fuck would you waste a roster spot on John Scott in that situation anyway.
Because Mike Brown is injured and left the useless facepuncher roster spot empty. Thankfully Eriah Hayes is in there tonight, I'm really excited for that kid to get more NHL time.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Tinordi and Moen still in for Weiss & Beaulieu. Beaulieu should be in for his speed, and I have no idea why Moen is still in for Weiss. I'm assuming he's injured at this point.

I don't think Anaheim's fancystats are actually that bad, just lower than you'd expect for a team that has as much success as them. Last year it was just hovering at 50% I believe.

iirc it was actually legit bad when Carlyle got fired :lol

Yeah they we're just a bad team at that point. And I exaggerated a bit. I guess people expected Anaheim to regress to be an average borderline pkayoff team

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Hopefully if we suck tonight we suck early so I can just go play more Horizon 2.

what about star trek online brah

also the Canucks are playing their first game of the season against an actual NHL team tonight, woo!

I haven't been able to find much on Kozun's status, but I assume he's out indefinitely. That's what one site published an article saying, but I'd never heard of it before, so I didn't click it or trust it. Just hours before that, they'd published an article titled, "Who the Hell is Brandon Kozun?"

Acid08

Banned
When the forwards get healthy they'll be pretty fucking awesome, I think.

Pavelski-Thornton-Hertl
Marleau-Couture-Nieto
Torres-Tierney-Wingels
Sheppard-Desjardins-McGinn

Defense still remains the biggest question but Vlasic/Burns/Braun/Mueller is a pretty rad top 4. Need a better #6 to play with Demers though, both Hannan and Irwin aren't good enough.

Red_Man

Hopefully the Habs show some killer instinct and pounce on the Avs with this rookie goalie early.

Xeteh

I will never understand the love affair with Guenin. He is fucking bad. Redmond has yet to make a stupid play since he's been here, and he actually has an upside.

Is he called up already? If not they couldn't do it if they wanted to, same deal with Everberg having to call up two goalies.

Spl1nter

That was a nice look at history of Modo. They must have longer version of that online soon, no way you put in that much work for a short pre-game segment.

Red_Man

That was a nice look at history of Modo. They must have longer version of that online soon, no way you put in that much work for a short pre-game segment.
I was thinking the same thing, definitely a cool segment. I wasn't aware all those guys came from the same town, that's crazy. All Canuck fans should check it out if it goes up online.

Top Bottom