• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL October 2014 |OT| Leafs Suck, And Then You Die

I ignored Slipknot past their debut album, because lol nu-metal. But they got in the drummer from Against Me! and now my interest piqued.

The guy's a dick, but he's talented.

You wouldn't do that to me would you Quick? :'(

Yeeeeah this is the guy who photoshopped Selanne in a Kings jersey.

Heretic

I ignored Slipknot past their debut album, because lol nu-metal. But they got in the drummer from Against Me! and now my interest piqued.

Should have gotten a permanent ban for this one.

Acid08

Banned

Wait which drummer from Against Me? Not Warren Oakes, right?

RC

Banned
Anyone listen to Moist's new album?

Of course not.

No one cares about an alternative Canadian rock group from the 90's that put out their first new album in 14 years.

I'm more mainstream metal I guess. Metallica, Megadeth, Slayer, Pantera.

For prog I go with Dream Theater.

Also like In Flames, Mastodon, Opeth and System of a Down if they count.

I was happy when I heard Toni Lydman was a metal fan

Quick

Banned
Now we need Quick to photoshop Stephen Amell's face on Horse-man.

You wouldn't do that to me would you Quick? :'(

iFyozBHaRPuSD.jpg

Blank version, because...oh god why

Tabris

I loved Moist. I also really liked David Usher's solo stuff.

For his solo stuff, I would recommend the songs Black Black Heart, And So We Run, and We Are Wolves Here.

For Moist the band? Love the songs Resurrection, Tangerine, Breath, and Push

Acid08

Banned
Mainly prog (Opeth are my favourite band ever), aaand a bit of power, some extreme, technical and a little bit of death and black. But yes, I likes the metals.

Dad fed me a lot of Iron Maiden as a child.

Jay Weinberg.

ohhhh okay. I haven't followed them much after Searching For A Former Clarity.

ShaneB

What have I walked into?

Music talk?

I've been enjoying the new album from Audrey Horne. Great classic metal/hard rock, big Thin Lizzy vibe.

edit: In Flames have been terrible since Reroute to Remain... christ that was 10 years ago.

Tabris

You'll be happy to hear that I don't really like metal.

I looked at my playlist and only metal I have is Drain STH and Fear Factory. And Rammstein.

Acid08

Banned
My dude, the new album is excellent. Laura Janes progression into womanhood fuelled some excellent content.

I'll have to check it out, never listened to White Crosses either.

Though hearing about her transition was super inspirational. Makes a lot of the lyrics in their older albums really mean a lot more knowing what she was dealing with.

Calamari41

41 > 38
Gimme a rundown of what the general scoop of Heberts time was like. I've only been a fan since 2003. I can read all the articles, game recaps and clips/footage all I can, but it never really regails anything but glory for him and sweeps the rest under the rug.

Basically what Smack said. The Ducks were straight up not good in the 90s, and even though Hebert did a great job considering what was happening in front of him, to my 7-13 year old mind he was primarily responsible for the average to bad performance of the team in general. It didn't help that Shtalenkov tore it up and performed superbly in most of the games he started.

Looking at it analytically Hebert was a great goalie on a bad team, but again a ten year old is going to watch his team lose more than half the time and blame the goalie.

I'll have to check it out, never listened to White Crosses either.

Though hearing about her transition was super inspirational. Makes a lot of the lyrics in their older albums really mean a lot more knowing what she was dealing with.

Heck yes. If you get the time, watch her mini series about the transformation. It's (I hate using this word) inspirational.

Edit: Dastardly, Drive is awesome. Welcome to the Drive club.

Drive club :lol

Kind of just came out of nowhere for me. Watched it on a whim of a recommendation. Blown away.

Basically what Smack said. The Ducks were straight up not good in the 90s, and even though Hebert did a great job considering what was happening in front of him, to my 7-13 year old mind he was primarily responsible for the average to bad performance of the team in general. It didn't help that Shtalenkov tore it up and performed superbly in most of the games he started.

Looking at it analytically Hebert was a great goalie on a bad team, but again a ten year old is going to watch his team lose more than half the time and blame the goalie.

I feel you. There wasn't much about the 90s that was ever good for our dear franchise, from what I've read.

... And played in NHL94.

Quick

Banned
I got caught up on the Drive hype during TIFF, and it was released in theatres soon after TIFF ended and caught it. It was one of my favourites of 2011).

The soundtrack remains part of my driving playlist, too.

I stumbled into Drive after watching the Pusher trilogy when they were on Netflix CA.

Albert Brooks makes the film.

Refn looooves the 'evil bastard having a shred of morality' theme.

You're probably better off.

You miss out on the hype, so you're able to genuinely form your own opinion of things without influence.

God love you, Dastardly.

Hey, I never thought about it that way.
Bless ye, mistah Ebeneezer Quick
bless all of us
merrrrry xmas

Funny, I was thinking that I need to watch Drive again. Love that movie.

Consider this a Sign that you should watch it again.

Clydefrog

edit: In Flames have been terrible since Reroute to Remain... christ that was 10 years ago.

Clayman is a god-tier album. That's about it... but it still makes In Flames one of my favorite bands. Got to see them live with Megadeth, Children of Bodom and others almost a decade ago.

ShaneB

There's a guy on YouTube that does movie montages, and used The Best Thing by Electric Youth for one of them. It's actually pretty awesome.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3zbjddiHKEE

This one is for Akira.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qcOiJnWniWg

Heh. Actually saw that Flashworx video before. Great track. And like i mentioned shortly ago, the new full album from Electric Youth is really fantastic.

Clayman is a god-tier album. That's about it... but it still makes In Flames one of my favorite bands. Got to see them live with Megadeth, Children of Bodom and others almost a decade ago.

Yeah, I guess you're thinking of a Gigantour bill they did together. Was at the same one. I remember the only In Flames song they played that I cared about was Graveland.

Oh man. Finish it so we can talk about it in spoiler boxes or whatever.

I just finished Winter and am at Spring. Am I close. Is it close. Can we talk about stuff yet.

im going to buy that remastered edition and more door because of the 100$ get 15 back on PSN right now

Never one to say no to a good deal, are ya.

More Door has 30hrs of gameplay in it. I'm gonna call that good value.

Top Bottom