• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL October 2014 |OT| Leafs Suck, And Then You Die

Given how lenient most suspensions are in the NHL, it's at least something, and better late than never, given the mess the NFL has gone through with all of it. Albeit this is the first I've heard of it, so I suppose I'm not even that up to date on things. And I'm tired as hell and probably talking nonsense. =/

I just think it's extra gross given how recently they faced this same situation and the only thing that changed between then and now was the outcry against the NFL. I don't necessarily think that someone should be barred from doing their job based on legal allegations but I understand that pro sports aren't like most other jobs.

But whatever, the only thing that really matters is that if something did happen the victim has what they need to get through this as best as they can.

Heretic

65 GB of Halo goodness
h0uR7WM.jpg

*opens legs*

BRING IT!!!

shadowkat

Unconfirmed Member
I just think it's extra gross given how recently they faced this same situation and the only thing that changed between then and now was the outcry against the NFL. I don't necessarily think that someone should be barred from doing their job based on legal allegations but I understand that pro sports aren't like most other jobs.

But whatever, the only thing that really matters is that if something did happen the victim has what they need to get through this as best as they can.

Yeah, it's a bit questionable considering what happened last year but at least they've done something. As long as they are consistent with it from this point forward.

ShaneB

OR, the NHL knows enough to know it's something serious.

Tough to say right now, we're all just 100% guessing.

Yeah, pretty much.

At least we know the NHL isn't messing around with it this time around.

This is my main point. Good to at least clean it up now. Depressing that it happens at all as been said.

Coincidentally that's the last time I listened to In Flames.

Glorious Spotify letting me remedy that.

Jester Race/Whoracle/Colony/Clayman all still get good play time with the cd's that are in my car. Even after having them for 15 years or so, I still get blown away with how good those albums are.

zroid

Banned
TORONTO -- A class action lawsuit has been launched against the Canadian Hockey League seeking financial compensation for allegedly underpaid players.

The suit claims the players are paid less than the minimum wage in their regions and that they should also get holiday, overtime and vacation pay.

The lawsuit alleges the average OHL player devotes 35 to 40 hours per week to his team and receives $50 a week.

Toronto lawyer Ted Charney says the lawsuit seeks to hold the CHL and its teams accountable.

The CHL is the umbrella organization of the Western, Ontario and Quebec major junior hockey leagues.

There are 60 teams in the CHL stretching from Victoria to Halifax. The players range in age from 16 to 20.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
I remember someone asking about PK's blue hat last season, I just picked it up at Lids, they're selling it now.

pringles

edit: In Flames have been terrible since Reroute to Remain... christ that was 10 years ago.
Dude.. no.. that album was killer, but when was the last time you saw them live? They just keep getting better. Also thought their latest album was solid.

Habs/Wings tomorrow.....looking forward to that one. Lots of good young talent will be on display.
Yep, and also the Habs.

Kidding, kidding. Will be a good game. Sounds like Datsyuk may be ready.

Cake Boss

Banned
Kind of stupid of how you can suspend someone from his games even though you have no proof against him and he hasn't been convicted guilty yet. I imagine the NHLPA to step in.

Kind of an overreaction from the NHL, unless Bettman has a video of this incident.

ShaneB

Dude.. no.. that album was killer, but when was the last time you saw them live? They just keep getting better. Also thought their latest album was solid.

There are a couple tracks on RtR that I go back and listen to, but it's generally an album I forget, everything after RtR I've completely blocked out. Last saw them live years and years ago, I'm thinking at that Gigantour mentioned earlier which was... 2006 I believe.

But different strokes for different folks, it's cool you like the newer stuff, but they've fallen off the map for me.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
So Girardi didn't practice today because his stitches in his leg started bleeding again today.

If he can't go tomorrow, Kostka will take his place against the Devils.

So congrats, Devs!

ZeroGravity

Kind of stupid of how you can suspend someone from his games even though you have no proof against him and he hasn't been convicted guilty yet. I imagine the NHLPA to step in.

Kind of an overreaction from the NHL, unless Bettman has a video of this incident.
Plenty of professions can and do suspend employees accused of wrong-doing while an investigation into it takes place.

NHL also has a right to protect its image.

It's funny because just last year people were giving the NHL trouble for not suspending Varlamov because they would look bad if it turned out to be true. There's no right way to go about doing this.

ShaneB

To who was looking for book suggestions, I remember a while ago thinking this sounded like a fun read. I think I remember he was on Hockeycentral doing a promo for it. I'd like to get around to it myself sometime.

18406821.jpg

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Plenty of professions can and do suspend employees accused of wrong-doing while an investigation into it takes place.

NHL also has a right to protect its image.
This. The Kings came out in support of the NHL's decision too, it seems like there must be sufficient evidence against him. The woman was taken to the hospital because her injuries were so bad.

pringles

There are a couple tracks on RtR that I go back and listen to, but it's generally an album I forget, everything after RtR I've completely blocked out. Last saw them live years and years ago, I'm thinking at that Gigantour mentioned earlier which was... 2006 I believe.

But different strokes for different folks, it's cool you like the newer stuff, but they've fallen off the map for me.
Nah I'm in agreement their older stuff is superior to the new, but their live shows are better than ever, at least to me. Best of the new mixed with a ton of old classics. Definitely try to see them again if you get the chance.

From TMZ

The woman who was allegedly attacked by L.A. Kings star Slava Voynov was injured so badly, she was rushed to the hospital ... where staffers called the cops on Voynov ... TMZ Sports has learned.

Law enforcement tells us ... Voynov was actually arrested at the hospital in Torrance, CA around 1 AM Monday morning on suspicion of domestic violence.

We're told Voynov had accompanied the woman to the hospital -- and shortly after they arrived, hospital staffers called authorities to report Voynov as the person suspected of attacking the woman.

Our sources also ell us the woman claims she was in a relationship with Voynov.

Voynov was hauled to a nearby jail -- where he was eventually released on $50k bail.

ShaneB

Nah I'm in agreement their older stuff is superior to the new, but their live shows are better than ever, at least to me. Best of the new mixed with a ton of old classics. Definitely try to see them again if you get the chance.

Ehhhh, like I said, for the most part I've been pretty ignorant of whatever they're up to. I've said this before, but I would've loved to have them in 2002 when In Flames, Iced Earth, and Jag Panzer were doing a tour together.

Top Bottom