• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL October 2014 |OT| Leafs Suck, And Then You Die

T.M. MacReady

NO ONE DENIES MEMBER
im going to buy that remastered edition and more door because of the 100$ get 15 back on PSN right now

I'm torn on that. I'm 15 bucks away from the $100 threshold. I bough DriveClub (no regrets, its awesome) and the Destiny expansion pack. I wanna buy the DriveClub season pass, since Mordor/Fifa/Diablo will all be cheap on Black Friday and I like to be able to resell games I'm finished with (especially sports games). I am really psyched to try Shadow of Mordor but want it on disc and for $40 or less.

Hoping for a cool sale, but probs gonna buy the DC season pass. That poor game, guys like me who loved PGR4 and have been dying for a game like this seem to be really in the minority.

I just finished Winter and am at Spring. Am I close. Is it close. Can we talk about stuff yet.

Nah, finish the game first. Better that way.

TUSR

Banned
More Door has 30hrs of gameplay in it. I'm gonna call that good value.

in this age of gaming, 30 is a lot.

winter was the GOAT season, i think spring is the last season?

I am really psyched to try Shadow of Mordor but want it on disc and for $40 or less.

its tough to justify 70$ games now. I used to jump on that shit when I was younger.

i might just wait for sales for each games, because they are only going to get cheaper

Winter was fucking brutal. The "boss battle" was thrilling as hell.

Last season? Good, I'll finish it tonight.

Especially since The Evil Within just came in the mail today.

T.M. MacReady

NO ONE DENIES MEMBER
Winter absolutely the best of the seasons, but the ending when Spring is done is as great as anything in the game.

dstrdly, pls to cmplete

T.M. MacReady

NO ONE DENIES MEMBER
its tough to justify 70$ games now. I used to jump on that shit when I was younger.

i might just wait for sales for each games, because they are only going to get cheaper

Yeah, for me its that I'm still playing Destiny, loving Driveclub, and playing lots of Madden (got it for free), so I feel no need to buy at full price when I know kickass sales are right around the corner. My gaming time is limited anyway. Hence, the DC season pass will never be on sale and has no resale value, so prob makes sense to get me over $100 for the bonus.

I do want me some Mordor though. ...soon.

TUSR

Banned
i bought some things online tonight that i'm going to regret

anime?

Yeah, for me its that I'm still playing Destiny, loving Driveclub, and playing lots of Madden (got it for free), so I feel no need to buy at full price when I know kickass sales are right around the corner. My gaming time is limited anyway. Hence, the DC season pass will never be on sale and has no resale value, so prob makes sense to get me over $100 for the bonus.

I do want me some Mordor though. ...soon.

Do you own a wheel or anything for the PS4? Im not sure how much I would enjoy Driveclub.

T.M. MacReady

NO ONE DENIES MEMBER
Do you own a wheel or anything for the PS4? Im not sure how much I would enjoy Driveclub.

Sigh, my days of having a killer wheel setup died when I left college. I play on a controller.

Its really a great racing game, but its of a dying breed these days. Its not open world, there's no traffic or giant map. Its a series of varying events and tracks (races/time trails/drift challenges). I guess thats not popular anymore?

I was meh on Burnout Paradise and NFS: Most Wanted. I'm a total Gran Turismo fanboy and I adored PGR3 and 4. Driveclub is my kinda game. If your tastes match mine, I recommend it highly.

Oh, and if anyone else on NHL gaf is playing DC, let me know, we should start a club.

NetMapel

Guilty White Male Mods Gave Me This Tag
I just finished Winter and am at Spring. Am I close. Is it close. Can we talk about stuff yet.

Never one to say no to a good deal, are ya.

More Door has 30hrs of gameplay in it. I'm gonna call that good value.
Better finish spring. You need to experience the ending first before talking about the game!

NetMapel

Guilty White Male Mods Gave Me This Tag
Sorry another question for Ducks-age. So Gibson will be back after the weekend, as a starter or backup? What's his expected share percentage with the other Ducks goalie?

I have to share this from some animation thread in OT:

Hjz68dw.jpg

calder

I loved the whole ending sequence
killing the doctors and nurses and then Marlene. My emotional response to what was going on lined up with the final events of the game.

Yeah, I really liked the ending. It was rough, but I felt it was legit based on everything that happened up till then,
I personally was surprisingly OK with Joel going nuts and killing everyone and, perhaps, depriving humanity of a vaccine to zombieism. Basically, to me the only reason Joel isn't the greatest monster of all time is that the Firefly's could have simply ASKED Ellie if they could do the surgery and she there's a chance would have said yes, at which point Joel would have just had to deal. But they never even bothered, they just lied to her and anesthetized her and prepared for vivesection. Fuck those guys.

I also argue that Ellie knows and is, deep down, happy to not have been put into the position where she has to agree to die in order to maybe save the species. She flat out asks Joel to lie to her, and seems content when he does. By the end of the game humanity has done a piss poor job of justifying it's continued existence so whatever die off humans and maybe in a million years the next animals to evolve self-awareness will be less awful. The ending reminds me of the ending to The Cabin in the Woods in that regard.

ShaneB

They're covering their ass. It's not a condemnation of the act if the decision was based on peer pressure or perceived peer pressure.

Given how lenient most suspensions are in the NHL, it's at least something, and better late than never, given the mess the NFL has gone through with all of it. Albeit this is the first I've heard of it, so I suppose I'm not even that up to date on things. And I'm tired as hell and probably talking nonsense. =/

Top Bottom