• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL October 2014 |OT| Leafs Suck, And Then You Die

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
These were my thoughts walking out of the theatre when it ended.

Good movie, but...damn.
I'll be digesting that one for a while. I enjoyed it, but man. Here I thought I had the whole movie figured out in 20 mins, man was I wrong :lol

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
I saw my relationship in it.
LOL
I'll be digesting that one for a while. I enjoyed it, but man. Here I thought I had the whole movie figured out in 20 mins, man was I wrong :lol
I thought it was an entertaining movie if nothing else. The people I went with sided with Ben Affleck's character, though my female friends on FB sided with his wife because they read the book and it supposedly makes it more sympathetic towards her.

Red_Man

I know it's not really spoilerish at all, but I'd put that in spoiler tags Kuro just in case. I agree with you on the different view points though, that's what I meant by having to digest it for a few days.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
I know a game is on, but it's the Oilers and Zero, so whatever.

This graphic is pretty sweet to look at. Average SAT score by music genre someone's into.

music-that-makes-you-dumb.png

Lil Wayne on the dumbest scale I'm so not surprised :lol

Counting Crows and Sufjan Stevens on the right? Not what I expected, but cool.

Red_Man

Spoilering my Gone Girl thoughts about the book

No fucking way does it make it more sympathetic towards Amy. She is a god damn psycho.

Loved the moved.
More Gone Girl Spoilers
That actress did a pretty amazing job of getting the whole psycho wife thing down, her voice, her mannerisms, it was all perfect. I thought that opening shot of her head on his chest and looking up at the camera was creepy as fuck, but to close with it was even more terrifying.

ShaneB

More Gone Girl Spoilers
That actress did a pretty amazing job of getting the whole psycho wife thing down, her voice, her mannerisms, it was all perfect. I thought that opening shot of her head on his chest and looking up at the camera was creepy as fuck, but to close with it was even more terrifying.

Agreed on all points
Rosamund Pike was indeed terrific. I wish the inital twist that she was still alive had more impact like it did in the book, but they pulled off the second half really well. The book stuck with me a long time after I read it, hell, I still get chills when I think about how it all went, so I was glad the movie was executed so great. I can say it enough how much of a psycho Amy is. A testament to great character building.

Red_Man

Agreed on all points
Rosamund Pike was indeed terrific. I wish the inital twist that she was still alive had more impact like it did in the book, but they pulled off the second half really well. The book stuck with me a long time after I read it, hell, I still get chills when I think about how it all went, so I was glad the movie was executed so great. I can say it enough how much of a psycho Amy is. A testament to great character building.
I honestly thought the movie was just going to end with her driving off in the distance after he found the shit in the shed, and I was like "wait, it's only been over an hour, what the hell"?, I have no idea it was going to go that far.

And Affleck went in hard on that cunnilingus.
And on Ratajkwoski's tits, what a lucky bastard. Fucking Batman.

ShaneB

I honestly thought the movie was just going to end with her driving off in the distance after he found the shit in the shed, and I was like "wait, it's only been over an hour, what the hell"?, I have no idea it was going to go that far.

LOL
Well that is cool to hear. Since the initial twist happens rather early, it's fun to see what folks who didn't read the book think of all the stuff that happens after that.

In terms of casting, I'm sure I had read initial rumours it was going to be Reese Witherspoon as Amy. That could've been interesting.

Quick

Banned
So, I'm watching the Oilers/Lightning game on Game Centre, and they have audio for the Sportsnet intermission segment. They cut out the audio on Saturday.

Was that a technical issue, or is there some sort of rights issue that prevents GC from having audio during HNIC broadcasts?

TUSR

Banned
So, I'm watching the Oilers/Lightning game on Game Centre, and they have audio for the Sportsnet intermission segment. They cut out the audio on Saturday.

Was that a technical issue, or is there some sort of rights issue that prevents GC from having audio during HNIC broadcasts?

Indrid Cold

Unconfirmed Member
Nice to see metal completely forgotten by the mainstream yet again. Though anecdotal evidence means shit in academic terms. Not surprised by gansta rap being at the bottom.

Acid08

Banned
Nice to see metal completely forgotten by the mainstream yet again. Though anecdotal evidence means shit in academic terms. Not surprised by gansta rap being at the bottom.

It's almost like the primary audience for hip hop probably doesn't have access to the best quality of education out there. It's almost like that chart is total bullshit.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
It's funny/sad because MSP (BC health insurance) didn't cover me for the period I was processing my visa extension so I'm stuck with a couple hundred dollars of medical bills I paid out of pocket expecting to get refunded.

I feel so....... American. Medical bills. Ew.

Top Bottom