• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL October 2014 |OT| Leafs Suck, And Then You Die

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Giroux, Couturier, Vinny, BSchenn, Bellemare.
How does BSchenn look so far this year? I've never been a big fan of his, but I thought I read somewhere the other day he was rumoured to being shopped around. Maybe it was some Eklund shit though.

:lol That Halo thread is so dumb, that package has incredible value and they were very open about the day one update and why it's there. Though people are going to find something to complain about even in good things.

Berra is back against the Panthers, just makes people on HF boards saying we should trade O'reilly for a goalie look even worse.

Hunter S.

:lol That Halo thread is so dumb, that package has incredible value and they were very open about the day one update and why it's there. Though people are going to find something to complain about even in good things.

Berra is back against the Panthers, just makes people on HF boards saying we should trade O'reilly for a goalie look even worse.

I doubt there is a goalie worth O'reilly that is good enough to make a long-term effect. I say weather the storm until Berra is back too.

Giggzy

I just heard of this Voynov incident. How severe was the beating? And why are you guys talking about prison time and the Kings terminating his contract? Are they cracking down because of the NFL stuff? Just curious, because Valarmov did the same thing last year, right? And he was only out like one game?

The "she's probably a gold digger" shit is starting on a couple of Kings pages I follow.

My response:

6u56dVf.png

Yeah I was sitting in class thinking NHL.com screwed up and didn't put all the game start times up. When I realized there was only one game...

Guess I'll do my home work.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
I just heard of this Voynov incident. How severe was the beating? And why are you guys talking about prison time and the Kings terminating his contract? Are they cracking down because of the NFL stuff? Just curious, because Valarmov did the same thing last year, right? And he was only out like one game?
Severe enough that she was rushed to the hospital and the hospital called the cops. So probably pretty bad. They're definitely taking a harder line on it this time because of what happened with the NFL, though. Good, I say.

Holy shit @ the Voynov news. What a genuine Grade-A fuckwit. And folks, I know we joke about Dustin Brown being a piece of shit, but what we have right here is a certified quality homegrown sub-human scumbowl that's plummeted even further than the deepest depths of sub-humanity.

Sorry Kings fans, no fan should have to deal with instantly losing respect for a key part of their roster. I can't imagine what it would be like to have a piece of shit on your team but still value what they brought on the ice... (And no, Corey Perry IS a Good Guy).

its standalone single player content

takes place before the main game

i havent played it

It takes place just before Winter starts. I finished it just after my last post. Was some good content.

Wish I had a look at the hidden trophies list beforehand, might have been more prepared for what was to come.

Yes he did. And I'm positive that she knows it too

Yep, that knowing nod at the end just says it all.

I loved the whole ending sequence
killing the doctors and nurses and then Marlene. My emotional response to what was going on lined up with the final events of the game.

Yeah! I was just like... "Shit, do I kill the docto-... that one looks like a fuckwit *blam*... What about, oh shit it's a female docto-... she's whimpering... she's crouching... oh god but SHE WAS ABOUT TO KILL ELLIE *blam*

I thought there was going to be some grand "sacrifice for the greater good" story or something.

Yeah, I really liked the ending. It was rough, but I felt it was legit based on everything that happened up till then,
I personally was surprisingly OK with Joel going nuts and killing everyone and, perhaps, depriving humanity of a vaccine to zombieism. Basically, to me the only reason Joel isn't the greatest monster of all time is that the Firefly's could have simply ASKED Ellie if they could do the surgery and she there's a chance would have said yes, at which point Joel would have just had to deal. But they never even bothered, they just lied to her and anesthetized her and prepared for vivesection. Fuck those guys.

I also argue that Ellie knows and is, deep down, happy to not have been put into the position where she has to agree to die in order to maybe save the species. She flat out asks Joel to lie to her, and seems content when he does. By the end of the game humanity has done a piss poor job of justifying it's continued existence so whatever die off humans and maybe in a million years the next animals to evolve self-awareness will be less awful. The ending reminds me of the ending to The Cabin in the Woods in that regard.

Good summary/post and I couldn't agree more.
The only humans that weren't pieces of shit throughout the game was The dude and his little brother that got bitten, Joels brother and the woman he was involved with, and hell even he had his moments.

I just think it's extra gross given how recently they faced this same situation and the only thing that changed between then and now was the outcry against the NFL. I don't necessarily think that someone should be barred from doing their job based on legal allegations but I understand that pro sports aren't like most other jobs.

But whatever, the only thing that really matters is that if something did happen the victim has what they need to get through this as best as they can.

I'm glad because of public backlash they now know how to act. It's kind of like "Hey Unit 731 was fucking horrible, but because of it we now have advancements in medical science".

Applause. I'm hooting and hollering and slamming my fists on the desk. Took one for the team, for sure.

MY FANTASY TEAMMMMMMMMMM

Hey man, I'm really sorry to hear about your fantasy team. What's your fantasy team anyway? Who's riding the pine today? Tell me more about your fantasy team. I'm currently writing a fanfic just about your fantasy team and I need to know which direction the characters go in for the final arc where they reach the mysterious land of "People that actually give a fuck about other peoples fantasy teams".

Please don't ever think I am anything like this dude.

You've already proved you fall outside of many negative stereotypes involving Kings fans.

Also props to Red_Man and Quick for being the first people in that thread to express concern for the actual victim.

shadowkat

Unconfirmed Member
Ah, that's what it is. I had asked her before, and she didn't know where that was from.

Did you ask me? I don't remember. To be honest when I asked for my avatar to be Halloweenified, I had to ask what it was. But since Kitty Pryde's code name was Shadowcat, it seems fitting.

And not an Amell-vatar?

:'(

I'm not sure if this is more disturbing than the fanfics in the Arrow thread or not.

It's been a while since I thought about TLOU, but I took the ending to mean:

Joel and the Fireflies were bad guys, terrorists, criminals.

Joel has a conversion moment after Ellie saves his life and they visit his brother's community.

Joel then that the Fireflies are not such good folk when finally confronted by them at the hospital.

Fireflys represented Hope. All hope was lost when the Fireflys proved to be cunts, despite their intentions being good, their means didn't justify the end. Joel continues to protect Ellie because he loves her.

The part where Ellie gave him the pic of him and his daughter and he finally accepted it instead of throwing it away like when his brother tried to give him the same pic? I think that was the moment he knew he loved Ellie.

Also Oil Change hasn't been renewed for a 5th season. lmao.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
Some tool got his game pulled from steam because he tweeted a death threat at Gabe(among many other temper tantrums), and people are actually defending him on GAF.

Acid08

Banned
Sheppard recalled from his conditioning assignment, excited to have him back. We have too many bottom six players right now.

Worth keeping:
Tierney
McGinn
Desjardins
Sheppard
Wingels
Hayes
Goodrow(based on his pre-season play, we'll see how he plays when he is off IR)
Kennedy(he's borderline tbh)

Not worth keeping:
Brown
Scott
Burish

I already know that the coaching staff is going to sacrifice playing rookies over the awful vets.....even though players like Burish don't bring anything to the table besides experience. Even with all of their experience and "veteran leadership" they make dumb shit mistakes.

Ideally the bottom six would be:

Sheppard-Tierney-Wingels
McGinn-Desjardins-Hayes

with Goodrow and Kennedy being the extra forwards. We obviously have Torres too but I'm not convinced he'll be back this season at all. If they were actually going to back up the "youth revolution" talk from the summer then they would let these kids play.

Vegas has the over/under for the number of Oilers jerseys thrown on the ice tonight at 3 right now. I'm thinking the over is a safe bet with Drouin being unleashed.

Top Bottom