• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL October 2014 |OT| Leafs Suck, And Then You Die

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
I have to say, sight lines in the Rock are really great. Those sections are really steep, but you have an immaculate view because of it. Looking around the arena it really seems like there isn't a bad seat in the house (except for
maybe the press box).

Food was damn good (but slow) too. Got a steak tip sandwich with chimichurri sauce, yuca fries, and some brown Belgian ale. Good times.

Very different sort of crowd from the Garden. A lot younger, for one. I'm really used to the old timers who have been sitting in their seats since the '70s who'll regale you with stories of how the place isn't what it once was anymore. The Rock crowd was a lot more rambunctious and, well, Jersey. Throwing beers and water bottles and shit, to go with declaring that anyone and everyone sucks. And then so much salt at the end! Real fun times.

Canes still winless but somehow not in last place in the league. They want McDavid and they're gonna tank the whole season. No need to wait until February.

calder

Not a bad game. Couple of goals, only one kinda bad Pavelec goal against, good win.

That PP was still frustrating but at least they had chances. Frolik and Scheiflele are unlucky in finishing, hope Kane is back soon.

the call sucked, but when you skate right in like a fucking dunce and stop the goaltender from moving across, the call is going to go against you. doesn't matter if price sells it (which he obviously did). that's just the way it works.

abdelkader is the fucking worst. i hope he gets ebola.

Stasis

Had to miss the end of the game but I came back to a pleasantly surprising result!

In terms of regular season hockey evenings it doesn't get much better than beating the Devils at home and watching both the Isles and Flyers lose badly.

I didn't watch the games. I don't know if they lost badly. I'm just going by goal totals.

I'm pretty happy I decided to pick up A. Gally in the GAF league.

sorry dastardly

9XyeKIL.png

Marvie_3

Banned
Raantashutout.gif

Awesome game all around. Can't really complain about any of it. Scoring 2 power play goals after the Flyers took penalties gooning it up was good.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
From the "I told you so" file:
Here are some things that would be nice to change tonight:

1) The Rangers have 0 power play goals.
2) The Rangers have 0 goals from defensemen. In fact, the D only has 4 points on the season as a group.
3) Ryan McDonagh has 0 points.

1) The Rangers' first two goals of the game were PPGs, the second beginning a third period comeback after the Devils had put the last 3 goals on the board. Now 10% (2-for-20) on the season.
2) Kevin Klein's OT winner is the Rangers' first goal from a defenseman this season.
3) Ryan McDonagh had 2 primary assists on the night.

2 points.

Top Bottom