• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL October 2014 |OT| Leafs Suck, And Then You Die

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
Was at the game. Thought we were gonna lose it, but nope, we had to win and so beautifully too. Well deserved after playing so much time on PK and still managing to outdo the Wings in shots.

Quick

Banned
I was the only guy that knew Sealab back when it first came out on Adult Swim.

Any Sealab references I made with people flew right over. Those were sad times.

Marvie_3

Banned
As long as the baby doesn't touch my stash!

ibdbpMCHg9Rstw.gif

Vee_One

Guys - as someone who knows nothing about NHL and wanting to follow a team what would be a good bet i.e exciting to watch and likely to make finals.

I watch the odd random game - btw I'm not in US or Canada.

Omg that 2 on 0 ramo save!

GCL and gaf spoils the game for me. Goal still hasn't happened FML

We outplayed the Lightning, but I guess I'll take comfort in the point.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Guys - as someone who knows nothing about NHL and wanting to follow a team what would be a good bet i.e exciting to watch and likely to make finals.

The Lea-ahahahahaha

Seriously though, cup favourites? Your best bet will be the Chicago Blackhawks, if there's just one team you want to hear. Other noteworthy teams that'll be fun to watch are the Anaheim Ducks or Dallas Stars, I'd say.

Whatever you do, don't cheer for the LA Kings. Just don't do it.

Nice, Marvie :lol

I was the only guy that knew Sealab back when it first came out on Adult Swim.

Any Sealab references I made with people flew right over. Those were sad times.

I waited a while until it came out on DVD, then it was like a koala bear crapped a rainbow on my brain.

Watch a whole bunch of random games until something about a team clicks with you. Don't let people *tell* you who to follow.

Quick

Banned

The Blackhawks, Penguins, Ducks, Sharks, Kings, and Bruins are probably your best bets for a long playoff haul.

There's the Lightning, Canadiens, Rangers, Wild, Blues, and maybe the Flyers as a second-tier teams that make the playoffs on a consistent basis.

Up-and-comers that are on their way to being good are the Islanders, Blue Jackets, and Stars.

Coyotes need fans, though.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Looking at the highlight of Klein's OT winner. The crowd reaction plays great on TV. The only way you would know that it's not actually MSG is the fact that the goal horn never sounds. :D

Calamari41

41 > 38

Might I recommend the Anaheim Ducks? They're a great team with a high powered offense, the best character guy in the league, and I should also add that Ducks GAF has exclusive rights to the best gifs in all of NHL-Age.

H5LE2z4.gif

Are you on board?

Heretic

I just served someone divorce papers and now I feel like shit. I'm never getting married. Dude looked like he knew exactly what it was and the look on his face was devastating :'(

Quick

Banned
Am I the only one who recalls there being more NHL on tv last year?

Probably just weird scheduling. We have a bunch of these off-nights, and suddenly, 16 games or something on another night.

Once November and December hit, I'm sure it'll begin to even out and be more prominent.

kingslunk

dynamic_resize

DALLAS STARS

A TEAM WITH A FIGHTING FRENCHMAN

get owned perry

Might I recommend the Anaheim Ducks? They're a great team with a high powered offense, the best character guy in the league, and I should also add that Ducks GAF has exclusive rights to the best gifs in all of NHL-Age.

H5LE2z4.gif

Are you on board?

That one is my favourite of the current generation of GIFs.

Speaking of which, I think I found the source material for our Ducks Lose GIFs.

even I shuddered...

I just served someone divorce papers and now I feel like shit. I'm never getting married. Dude looked like he knew exactly what it was and the look on his face was devastating :'(

Shudder.

Quick

Banned

Sorry to hear. I don't know if I'd ever be ready to deliver anything like that to someone.

That one is my favourite of the current generation of GIFs.

Speaking of which, I think I found the source material for our Ducks Lose GIFs.

even I shuddered...

iFoYL0bnalQ54.gif

Are we trying to court a Duck fan?

Best gifs bro. Also a fun team to watch. Good mix of young players with potential and vets. Assembled by GM of the Year Bob Murray.

iEXZPgzTsjrCl.gif

H5LE2z4.gif

Are you on board?

I have a Ducks gif I am saving for when the time is right.

Top Bottom