• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL October 2014 |OT| Leafs Suck, And Then You Die

shadowkat

Unconfirmed Member
I have zero personal hockey connections.

If you want old hockey connections, my uncle went to school with Frank Mahovlich (though he was a couple of grades below him) and my grandfather drank with Turk Broda.

fallout

Mike Richards once bought me a beer in a Kenora bar. It's common to see him around town in the summer or around Christmas. His parents are super nice people, too.

fallout

My wife is from Kenora. Small world. She keeps threatening to drag me there.
Ha. Neat. I grew up in Kenora, but now live in Winnipeg.

It's a nice place in the summer, particularly if you can get out onto the lake. Personally, I love it year round. I lived in Toronto for 4 years and I'll take the cold, bitter winters up here over the slushy, wet stuff that happens in Southern Ontario.

Ha. Neat. I grew up in Kenora, but now live in Winnipeg.

It's a nice place in the summer, particularly if you can get out onto the lake. Personally, I love it year round. I lived in Toronto for 4 years and I'll take the cold, bitter winters up here over the slushy, wet stuff that happens in Southern Ontario.

She also complains about the slush here. What are you going to do? Her dad was a pulp and paper guy for a bunch of years so she moved around a lot. Thunder Bay, Kenora, then out to Miramichi NB. When she moved to Sarnia she thought it was downright cosmopolitan.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Drunk dude in Mexico who said Babcock would be the next coach of the Leafs claimed he banged some Hab player's then fiance. I think Michael Ryder?

Yeah, especially out west here. I mean Eastern Canada is much more highly populated, but with the amount of hockey players that come out of BC/Alberta/Saskatchewan, especially smaller towns/cities like Prince George, Edmonton/Calgary area, and Regina or Saskatoon, it's just not that uncommon for people to be connected to them in some way.

And that's awesome, Clickhole regularly has me in stitches. I swear that would be my dream job writing ridiculous stuff like that for a living, if I had any kind of actual wit.... =

Pretty much true, I'm from Regina and I attended a high school nearest the one Bozak went to, had friends who were friends with him.

Wow at those stories. I played street hockey in junior high as goalie for PE and didn't like when my friend would block as many shots as he could as a defenseman. Like... I want to play too. Switched it up to be a forward later in the semester and scored immediately and realized how fun the game can be when you participate and not try to stop shots that aren't getting through

TUSR

Banned
Wow at those stories. I played street hockey in junior high as goalie for PE and didn't like when my friend would block as many shots as he could as a defenseman. Like... I want to play too. Switched it up to be a forward later in the semester and scored immediately and realized how fun the game can be when you participate and not try to stop shots that aren't getting through

i stopped blocking most shots in mens league because it just isnt worth it. just give the goalie a clear view of the puck and let him do the work.

RC

Banned
I stood in line behind a very drunk Kesler waiting to use a urinal at some yuppie bar once.
The man could barely stand straight.

Calamari41

41 > 38
My buddy drank with the guy in the Wild Wing suit at a bar in Newport for like three hours. Apparently he's an awesome guy and gets a shitload of tail.

It wasn't specified whether or not he was in the suit at the time.

Clydefrog

LA Times article says the Voynov case is being looked at again… lawyer says it was a misunderstanding due to language issues and that Voynov did not hit her. Wonder how she got the injuries then…

Muzzin’s back tonight, yay!

Nolan’s going to play against his father, Buffalo’s coach.

It’s also Thursday today, which means tomorrow is Friday!

My buddy drank with the guy in the Wild Wing suit at a bar in Newport for like three hours. Apparently he's an awesome guy and gets a shitload of tail.

It wasn't specified whether or not he was in the suit at the time.

I wonder if he wears the suit when he's banging them. Or at least the Wild Wing mask. As he does them from behind. (paraphrasing from Eastbound and Down)

Acid08

Banned
somewhere zedge just popped a boner

0b7.gif

LA Times article says the Voynov case is being looked at again… lawyer says it was a misunderstanding due to language issues and that Voynov did not hit her. Wonder how she got the injuries then…

I read that too. It was the health workers who called the police, right?

Marvie_3

Banned

Muzzin’s back tonight, yay!

Nolan’s going to play against his father, Buffalo’s coach.

It’s also Thursday today, which means tomorrow is Friday!

Dustin Brown + knee

Top Bottom