• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL October 2014 |OT| Leafs Suck, And Then You Die

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
they did a million time to try and justify Chara's attempted murders
Oh, right. How could I forget the, "He didn't know it was Pacioretty" and "He didn't mean to push him into the stanchion". I guess I blocked that stupidity from my mind.

Foggy

Bobrovsky with a broken finger. Awful luck for the Jackets.

The hits keep coming, fuck. By mid-November they should have Bob, Jenner, and Dubinsky(maybe?) back so yeah. And who knows if they'll make some kind of move since Horton's entire career is in question at this point.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Bob McKenzie said:
No supplementary discipline expected for NYR Chris Kreider for his hit last night on MIN's Jonas Brodin. He received 5-minute major and GM.
NHL gonna NHL, lets see what they do with the Moore hit now.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Which is stupid and irrelevant to everything. Did anyone argue if Cooke could have clocked Savard harder in the head? It's a dirty fucking hit, it doesn't matter if he didn't use every ounce of strength into the hit, he hit him more than hard enough and it was a dirty hit. You're not agreeing if you have to keep adding a caveat that he doesn't know his own strength like it's OK or excuseable. If this is inexperience then how is he not a rookie and what the hell did he do when he played again weaker/younger players? He only doesn't know his strength now but not before in his career?

Dirty hits really piss me off and I don't understand how any actual hockey fan can try to rationalize or defend them. They hurt your teams and they hurt the sport. This shit is unnecessary and needs to be removed, these aren't accidents.
I feel like we're mostly saying the same basic things, just in different ways. My saying that he still, at 23, sometimes doesn't know when and where to use his strength properly doesn't excuse him from making a poor decision on the ice. This is something that does come up at times with Kreider. It comes up enough that it's something he has actively been speaking with officials about (partially because I think he is developing a reputation among officials, whether it's deserved or not, that they should be keeping an eye on him) and trying to work on with the team in order to better utilize his physical attributes, particularly on the forecheck, while reducing risk.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
NHL gonna NHL, lets see what they do with the Moore hit now.

Moore is automatically suspended pending a hearing due to it being a match penalty. Due to now being tagged as a repeat offender, I can't see him getting any less than 4 games. It would be thoroughly deserved if they gave him even more.

I'm much more annoyed by Moore's hit than I am with Kreider's. Seems the league agrees.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Bernier in net tonight for what could be Carlyle's last game.

Yes losing to Buffalo I believe could cause that.

I wouldn't even be shocked if Buffalo plays well tonight. They always play well against us.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Bernier in net tonight for what could be Carlyle's last game.

Yes losing to Buffalo I believe could cause that.

I wouldn't even be shocked if Buffalo plays well tonight. They always play well against us.

I doubt he'd get fired after today's game even if we lost. For me, it depends if the Leafs management think they're going to contend or tank. If they're going to tank, why bother getting another coach at this point? Carlyle seems to be doing a fine enough job steering the tank

Then again....

CarlyleWhiteboardStruggle.0.0.0.0_standard_709.0.gif

We sure have been having a lot of time in between games for some reason, still don't even play until tomorrow. I also want to leave work so I can play some Sunset Overdrive. :(

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
John Moore hearing may be in person after all.

Chris Pronger wants to give some tips in person, it seems.

On the phone would have been "fine" if they were interested in maintaining the status quo. "Fine" in this case meaning "probably not enough but eh it's not like they're ever come down hard on headshots anyway."

In person is the right call if they're actually genuinely trying to eliminate those hits from the game. Moore's hit was about as textbook an example of what they say they're trying to get rid of as it gets.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Won't be Bernier's last game even if Leafs lose. Who else would you put in as coach right now?. Might as well wait.

I'd even take Dan Cleary at this point...

Serious answer is either Spott or Horachek. They'd be interim though and would very likely not become permanent at the end of the day unless they REALLY turned this ship around.

If the players have already given up on playing for Carlyle, they did so with Spott and Horacheck supposedly already listening to them anyways. I'm not sure what else they can do at this point, but I hope I'm wrong, Spott takes it, and we go on a tear.

Not with this roster though...

Cake Boss

Banned
This coach is fucking terrible.

We need more speed and execution in the lineup.

Proceeds to scratch Hoffman and keep Condra, Smith n Neil in.

Hoffman, the guy that scored the game winner against BJs last week and the nasty assist on Legwands goal.

Let's scratch him though.

If the players have already given up on playing for Carlyle, they did so with Spott and Horacheck supposedly already listening to them anyways.

Not necessarily. That wasn't the case in Philadelphia last year.

I'd say Horachek would be a more likely H/C candidate than Spott, simply because he's got more experience. Spott would be a real gamble.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
I doubt he'd get fired after today's game even if we lost. For me, it depends if the Leafs management think they're going to contend or tank. If they're going to tank, why bother getting another coach at this point? Carlyle seems to be doing a fine enough job steering the tank

Then again....

CarlyleWhiteboardStruggle.0.0.0.0_standard_709.0.gif

Horachek most likely.

You risk losing or alienating the team even more if you just keep the coach when everyone knows he's gone.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Hurricanes first win of the season incoming.

Also lol wat I thought this was an Onion article... nope.

Show Palace? Who parties there? They don't even serve liquor at Show Palace because of zoning laws.

I mean...not that I...would know. Or anything. I heard from a friend, you see.

Look over there, Chris Kreider is trying to run over an old lady, the fiend!

I didn't realise that some Fan 590 guys are calling this as Carlyle's last game.

edit: Me too, zroid. I went on a hiatus after Cap 2010 and only broke it for GotG. Since August though I've watched the Avengers (not that good), Wolverine (strangely good?) the Amazing Spiderman (wat).

Samyy

I didn't realise that some Fan 590 guys are calling this as Carlyle's last game.

edit: Me too, zroid. I went on a hiatus after Cap 2010 and only broke it for GotG. Since August though I've watched the Avengers (not that good), Wolverine (strangely good?) the Amazing Spiderman (wat).

Wolverine and Spiderman are not Marvel movies
I would watch the Winter Solider, its GotG tier awesome.

zroid

Banned

I still watch most of them, and I really did think Winter Soldier and GotG were quite good. But I remember being so incredibly excited for these movies and I'm just not anymore.

Top Bottom