• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL October 2014 |OT| Leafs Suck, And Then You Die

Samyy

I still watch most of them, and I really did think Winter Soldier and GotG were quite good. But I remember being so incredibly excited for these movies and I'm just not anymore.

Well thats unfortunate, seems like they've really started turning up the quality.

Socreges

Banned
3-5-1 in October probably won't get you fired. Leafs need a long losing streak or an 'almost no way back' record to get rid of Carlyle, I'd guess.

zroid

Banned
It's called growing up.

True.

That being said, I just lost my shit this morning when I saw the Excitebike DLC in Mario Kart 8, and I'm stoked as hell for Big Hero 6 next week, so... :p

3-5-1 in October probably won't get you fired. Leafs need a long losing streak or an 'almost no way back' record to get rid of Carlyle, I'd guess.

If they get blown out by Buffalo though... surely that would have the same impact as a long losing streak?!

Marvie_3

Banned
True.

That being said, I just lost my shit this morning when I saw the Excitebike DLC in Mario Kart 8, and I'm stoked as hell for Big Hero 6 next week, so... :p

If they get blown out by Buffalo though... surely that would have the same impact as a long losing streak?!

That looks so good. We definitely need to get more NHL-GAF races going once the first track pack hits.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
LOL--The Wings just sent Weiss to Grand Rapids for conditioning.

$5 million a year, ladies and gentlemen.

yyzjohn

Banned

This is on the heels of a 2-12 finish down the stretch though. Not like Carlyle has a lot of goodwill stored up in the bank. How he was brought back this season is just mind boggling.

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
LOL--The Wings just sent Weiss to Grand Rapids for conditioning.

$5 million a year, ladies and gentlemen.
I'm hoping we can trade him to someone looking for a 2nd line center. I have to imagine he's still good enough, that when surrounded by decent line mates he can produce. He never really got the opportunity here due to his injury and now that the young guys have stepped up, he's been pushed out.

We've already burned a year off his deal, so maybe some team looking for help and that has cap space will offer up something, like a D man?

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
I'm hoping we can trade him to someone looking for a 2nd line center. I have to imagine he's still good enough, that when surrounded by decent line mates he can produce. He never really got the opportunity here due to his injury and now that the young guys have stepped up, he's been pushed out.

We've already burned a year off his deal, so maybe some team looking for help and that has cap space will offer up something, like a D man?

If he was good enough, why the hell would they deal him then?

Too young?

Maybe Edmonton can use some help since they're desperate? Not sure if they're THAT desperate though...

Announcing movies years in advance is ambitious, but is definitely risky. Will the theatre-going experience still be around in that time, with Blu-Ray, 3D, streaming, and digital all getting cheaper and better? Who knows, in 5 years we could all have giant 4K TV's and home theatres to rival an IMAX setup. Will comic book movies still be popular?

One thing going for Marvel is that their franchises should be different enough to prevent fatigue and oversaturation. Winter Soldier and GotG were relatively fresh and original.

Surf+.jpg

Cowabunga dudes.

Gibson starting tonight against Chicago.

Please be gentle :(

Quick

Banned
Announcing movies years in advance is ambitious, but is definitely risky. Will the theatre-going experience still be around in that time, with Blu-Ray, 3D, streaming, and digital all getting cheaper and better? Who knows, in 5 years we could all have giant 4K TV's and home theatres to rival an IMAX setup. Will comic book movies still be popular?

One thing going for Marvel is that their franchises should be different enough to prevent fatigue and oversaturation. Winter Soldier and GotG were relatively fresh and original.

Yes they will? Theatres aren't just going to shut down or something. And we've probably said the same thing about comic book movie fatigue 5-7 years ago, and it's still going strong today. I doubt that'll change much in 4 years.

GSG Flash

Nobody ruins my family vacation but me...and maybe the boy!
That was the dumbest penalty for Boro to take, Gryba was totally fine, and it ended up costing us a goal.

Edit: Woooooo Mac!

Top Bottom