• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL October 2014 |OT| Leafs Suck, And Then You Die

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
The goalie took forever to get back up, plus Gally was shoved into him. What bullshit.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
Surprise, Montreal has a goal called off.

Scrivens never even tried getting back into position, how long are you supposed to wait?

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Bb1KVg4.gif

This looks way worse than the reverse angle we saw in the arena. What are you doing, John? smh

Going back a bit but Saturday was the first time I really caught all of HNIC this year. What's everyone's thoughts on the new format?

Personally I love Ron Mclean so it's a shame to see him pretty much confined to coaches corner. Kypreos is almost as bad as Milbury and watching Strombolopolous desperately try to be part of the conversations by interrupting everyone else was embarrassing. The only saving grace there anymore is Kelly Hrudey

I think it's a lot better.

I found Ron MacLean and the old set up to be nauseatingly poor.

The Strombo set up is just poor.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Yep, loss to this garbage team incoming. I can't finish watching the rest anyways, I look forward to watching the 5-1 highlights in the morning.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Apparently tonight is only the second time in franchise history that the Rangers have come back from a 3-0 deficit in the third to win. The only previous time was Jan. 4, 1956 vs. the Red Wings.

calder

I can't wait to hear Pronger's take:

- player had his head down

- principle contact was chest

- clean hit would watch again!

- attacking player could easily have worked some unseen knee-on-knee contact in as well, missed opportunity. Other than that, no issue with the play!

Tabris

I wonder how many teams play their backup vs EDM in comparison to other teams. Seems like EDM faces a lot of backup goaltenders.

Wild are never going to score on the powerplay.

Thankfully they are great 5v5.

Unless the Rangers take every Wild player out of the game. What a fucking joke.

EDIT: Brodin is on the ice right now. Fantastic news.

EDIT2:
hRnM4YA.gif

Bb1KVg4.gif

What the hell is going on here?

Hits from behind. Hits with the puck no where in sight. Rangers playing dirty.

Dallas Eakins is a genius. Edmonton is a contender now. I was wrong. They lured every team in the National Hokdye League into a false sense of security.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
that Maatta interview, wow

"I feel fine. All that's changed is now I know I maybe have cancer"

welp.

Parch

This is a sloppy game, but the Oilers have been playing better in their own zone this home stand. That includes Scrivens.

Still extremely pessimistic about the Oilers though. I need to see some of this success against western conference teams.

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
Ugh, this game blows. I could have possibly went to the Flames game tomorrow, but if they are gonna play this it ain't worth $125

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
What the hell is going on here?

Hits from behind. Hits with the puck no where in sight. Rangers playing dirty.

The amazing thing is Kreider barely even puts any energy into that hit on Brodin. It's clearly a stupid and unnecessary boarding penalty since it's in the numbers and way too close to the boards, but that's basically Kreider going for a light hip check. He's just so freakishly fast and strong that Brodin goes down hard into the boards and was really lucky to apparently not be seriously injured.

This sort of thing, Kreider not knowing his own strength, has happened a few times now, and it's actually been a thing over the last several games that he has been talking to the referees both during and after games about how he's supposed to play physically, especially along the boards.

Hopefully he's learned yet another lesson tonight. He still needs to learn when to hold back with his size and strength.

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
Why is the PP so bad, and why can't they make the damn goalie move.

Folks, please dodge the new NHL2K game on iOS/Google Play. It's just the last 2011 game, but with a roster update.

... And has Ryan Kesler on the cover sporting the Webbed D. lol.

Top Bottom