• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL October 2014 |OT| Leafs Suck, And Then You Die

Rangers have recalled Michael Kostka.

rGIqW97.jpg

Quick

Banned
Caps Bruins, this Saturday night on FX Canada. Cant wait!

It's only been Caps games that have been on FX Canada so far. I guess they couldn't make up another Sportsnet channel to handle more games.

Haven't checked yet, but I hope no Montreal games end up there, I can't even get that channel. Found out a few days ago that they finally added City HD, thank god.

It's still so weird having City air games. I'm assuming the broadcast is pretty much Sportsnet.

Merguson

Banned
It's only been Caps games that have been on FX Canada so far. I guess they couldn't make up another Sportsnet channel to handle more games.

It's still so weird having City air games. I'm assuming the broadcast is pretty much Sportsnet.

Sportsnet. Sportsnet everywhere.

ShaneB

I assume it's just because of playoff baseball this weekend, otherwise maybe the games would be on a Sportsnet channel. Ah well. It's all good to me. Don't have my hockeystreams sub yet, so I'm just glad to have the option to watch.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Wings going with same lineup.

Good news.

Quick

Banned
Did they cancel Oil Change?

I feel like the creators of the show expected the Oilers to be better by last season or something, instead of remaining where they are.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Sounds like Kostka is going to be sitting in the press box. Hunwick is skating to John Moore's right on the third pairing. They're also using Hunwick in Boyle's place on the PP.

Tanner Glass is on a maintenance day and not practicing, but all other (healthy) Rangers are on the ice.

I don't understand this management's fascination with this crappy Defense, why does it take Yzerman 1 fucking summer to fix his defense by picking up Garrison, Stralman and Carle while we keep rolling the same stupid turds each year hoping they improve

Cowen is our Tyler Myers. They always had a hard on for him, that big defenceman who can skate that scouts love. He had promise but he fell off a cliff after those injuries I guess.

They signed him for 4 years and they're going to give him lots of rope, they badly want him to be what they projected.

Same thing with Philoops and the others. Just pure faith that they can play better, despite all evidence to the contrary.

Curufinwe

I don't understand this management's fascination with this crappy Defense, why does it take Yzerman 1 fucking summer to fix his defense by picking up Garrison, Stralman and Carle while we keep rolling the same stupid turds each year hoping they improve.

He signed Carle back in 2012 to a six year, $33 million deal. Did the Sens have that kind of cash available back then? Yzerman had to outbid the Flyers to get him.

It's only week 1. No need to panic yet.

Then again if the Canucks had lost Wednesday I'd probably be complaining too.

EDIT: No Tanev at practice. Might be hurt.

I don't understand this management's fascination with this crappy Defense, why does it take Yzerman 1 fucking summer to fix his defense by picking up Garrison, Stralman and Carle while we keep rolling the same stupid turds each year hoping they improve.

Even fucking Wong significantly improved his defense in 1 week by handing out a couple of 2nd rounders.

Why the fuck is Cowen playing top pair minutes, Philips on the top 4, a rookie on top 4, and Gryballs is Gryballs.

Sometimes GM's are in love with their picks and give them chance after chance to succeed.

It was like that with McPhee when it comes to the centre of the ice and defense.

Dude offered Chara a contract but wouldn't match Boston's offer and instead signed Brian Pothier.

Could have traded for Pronger but wouldn't give up Alzner+Varlamov+1st

Solo

Looks like ol' predictable Mike Therrien has taken all of 2 games to put BGally back with DD and Patches. Sekac takes Bgally's spot and PAP faals to Sekac's spot on the third.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
http://www.ign.com/wikis/halo-master-chief-collection/Achievements

There's only one bullshit achievement dealing with 4 people on one console and no bad multiplayer achievements like Halo 3 and the DLC has had, basically it's beautiful.

LASO cheevs? May as well buy extra controllers in advance

Especially Halo 2. That game was hard enough with the bullshit sniper jackals... Now we have to do it with LASO? Loooool

Halo CE should be interesting in every level without the flood...

Glad the Sens lost. Too bad Montreal won and gave the Caps a point, though.

Also: I'd like Raymond back. The Leafs should've kept him. Then again, he upped his price.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Cam Talbot gets the start tomorrow against the BJs. Lundqvist will start on Sunday in the home opener against the Leafs.

Tanner Glass will be a game time decision tomorrow (back). If he can't go, Kevin Hayes is in.

I didn't even realize that Cammy was playing for the Devils. I also forgot about Anaheim getting rid of Hiller, though.

Then again, it was a stressful summer.

Quick

Banned

This is what I was leaning towards. I figured a face shield would fog up, requiring me to wipe it up every few minutes. But I'm a bit concerned about visibility with a cage. Probably minor issues on both.

I didn't even realize that Cammy was playing for the Devils. I also forgot about Anaheim getting rid of Hiller, though.

Then again, it was a stressful summer.

I pretty much forgot half the transactions that have taken place this summer, including the Leafs' own acquisitions.

Heretic

http://www.ign.com/wikis/halo-master-chief-collection/Achievements

There's only one bullshit achievement dealing with 4 people on one console and no bad multiplayer achievements like Halo 3 and the DLC has had, basically it's beautiful.

I hated Halo 3's online multi achievements! Especial the 2 for 1 Splaser one! People had to cheat to get that one. Changing regions and shit lol.

LASO cheevs? May as well buy extra controllers in advance

Especially Halo 2. That game was hard enough with the bullshit sniper jackals... Now we have to do it with LASO? Loooool

Halo CE should be interesting in every level without the flood...

LASO all 4 games!!! It's going to be crazy!!!

To use as a towel for your crotch area?

*thumbs up!*

Socreges

Banned
He signed Carle back in 2012 to a six year, $33 million deal. Did the Sens have that kind of cash available back then? Yzerman had to outbid the Flyers to get him.
Garrison was also a salary dump by the Canucks. Not many teams were willing to take on that contract.

T.M. MacReady

NO ONE DENIES MEMBER
Cory Conacher - John Tavares - Kyle Okposo
Mikhail Grabovski - Brock Nelson - Ryan Strome
Josh Bailey - Frans Nielsen - Nikolay Kulemin
Matt Martin - Casey Cizikas - Cal Clutterbuck

Thomas Hickey - Travis Hamonic
Nick Leddy - Johnny Boychuk
Brian Strait - Griffin Reinhart

Halak slated to start in net. It's happening, finally!

Top Bottom