• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL October 2014 |OT| Leafs Suck, And Then You Die

Yawnier

Banned
Cory Conacher - John Tavares - Kyle Okposo
Mikhail Grabovski - Brock Nelson - Ryan Strome
Josh Bailey - Frans Nielsen - Nikolay Kulemin
Matt Martin - Casey Cizikas - Cal Clutterbuck

Thomas Hickey - Travis Hamonic
Nick Leddy - Johnny Boychuk
Brian Strait - Griffin Reinhart

Halak slated to start in net. It's happening, finally!

G Reinhart made the isles? Good for him.

Samus4145

Let's do this Isles!

This is what I was leaning towards. I figured a face shield would fog up, requiring me to wipe it up every few minutes. But I'm a bit concerned about visibility with a cage. Probably minor issues on both

Cheaper visors/masks also warp the periphery vision which I hated, scratches are also an issue. Mind you I haven't been shopping for headgear in a while. Cages are great because it is nearly zero maintainace and you get great protection. Just make sure to try it on to get the curve of the cage that doesn't block your periphery.

Merguson

Banned

Anders Lee not on the roster? Wasn't he doing pretty well at the end of last season?

It's really nice

This one is okay, but isn't nearly as nice.

thumb.aspx

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Sometimes GM's are in love with their picks and give them chance after chance to succeed.

It was like that with McPhee when it comes to the centre of the ice and defense.

Dude offered Chara a contract but wouldn't match Boston's offer and instead signed Brian Pothier.

Could have traded for Pronger but wouldn't give up Alzner+Varlamov+1st
In love with their own picks. Just like McPhee was in love with Forsberg...

I HAD TO DO IT, FORZA!

I wonder how those defence pairings looked before Leddy and Boychuk.

Grabovski on the wing? Not playing with Kulemin? What?

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
At least the Coburn injury might not be as bad as originally thought.

Will be re-evaled Monday and he might suit up next Saturday.

Calamari41

41 > 38
Goldobin's first Finnish Elite League goal.

His lack of celebration is downright Canadian, God love 'em. Hoping this year in a European mens league gets him ready for next season just like what happened with Hertl.

I swear to god every time you guys talk about Goldobin I picture some general in Sauron's army.

I want this

jwkYXgn.jpg

I actually hate those for every team but LA. Must be because you guys already have pretty much that color scheme going on to begin with.

Entropia

No One Remembers
Watching Sportscentre... why are they opening up with a bunch of interviews about Phaneuf playing the opposite side? Holy shit, if you're an NHL defense man there should be 0 'issues' with that. Fucking Toronto media :lol

I swear to god every time you guys talk about Goldobin I picture some general in Sauron's army.

I actually hate those for every team but LA. Must be because you guys already have pretty much that color scheme going on to begin with.

I think the Ducks one works really well. It's one of the few where the colored trim adds to the look rather than takes it away.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Watching Sportscentre... why are they opening up with a bunch of interviews about Phaneuf playing the opposite side? Holy shit, if you're an NHL defense man there should be 0 'issues' with that. Fucking Toronto media :lol

I admit, they are just fishing for stories; HOWEVER, if you've looked at interviews around the league, a lot of players are more comfortable or play better on certain sides.

Lupul prefers playing on the left wing and you can't simply toss him on the right wing and expect the same results. Just like JVR can't be tossed into centre and be effective.

Playing on the left side where Phaneuf naturally shoots allows him to protect the puck along the boards and take passes (supposedly, in his case) crisper since he isn't receiving on his backhand and then switching over. It also allows him to look to the right side of the ice and more naturally see and pass on his strong side without worrying too much about what's on the boards. For me, I'd sure as fuck would prefer passing on the forehand rather than the backhand.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Also should mention that I did call into Rogers and they gave me my code to get Game Centre.

Had to get routed around a bit, but it got resolved in a day and they were pretty friendly all things considered.

For all the shit Rogers gets (deservedly so), I haven't had a problem with their customer support thus far.

T.M. MacReady

NO ONE DENIES MEMBER
They want Brock Nelson to be the team's second line centre and Grabovski ain't gonna play third line minutes.

Nelson can play the wing though, and our center depth is great with Nielsen as the 3rd. Odd choice. I would have gone

KO - JT - Strome
Kule - Grabo - Nelson
Conacher - Frans - Bailey
Clut - Ciz - Martin

We'll see how it goes I guess. I don't know if Capuano is the right coach for this team. God willing, these guys will show us something though.

Needless to say:

I AM EXCITE

Fanning-my-vagina-glee.gif

Top Bottom